Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2022, 11:23:50 AM
Ai but what started the schmozzle?

If you think we started it good luck to ye. We must be doing something right!

imtommygunn

I suspect your we would suggest you may be slightly less impartial than me  ;D

Number 10 wouldn't let go of Ruairi Canavan so the big brother stepped in. If number 10 had got on with it then the latter part of it never would have happened. Ruairi Canavan's issue was with the ref's decision not your player.

Anyway - I don't really care tbh. I wanted to see you win but I just think it seems a bit harsh saying that Errigal were the ones who were always the aggressors!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2022, 11:38:41 AM
I suspect your we would suggest you may be slightly less impartial than me  ;D

Number 10 wouldn't let go of Ruairi Canavan so the big brother stepped in. If number 10 had got on with it then the latter part of it never would have happened. Ruairi Canavan's issue was with the ref's decision not your player.

Anyway - I don't really care tbh. I wanted to see you win but I just think it seems a bit harsh saying that Errigal were the ones who were always the aggressors!

So holding someone and striking someone are comparable. Good ITG!

imtommygunn

That's not my point at all... all I'm saying is Errigal were not always the big bad aggressors as depicted by some here!! 

yellowcard

My recollection is of Ruairi Canavan starting it with number 10 from Glen being the next man in. Canavan was getting visibly more frustrated as the game went on as he was eventually worn down physically and looked knackered towards the end. Glen held their composure though as there was only going to be one team benefiting from getting into a melee at that stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on November 14, 2022, 11:54:15 AM
My recollection is of Ruairi Canavan starting it with number 10 from Glen being the next man in. Canavan was getting visibly more frustrated as the game went on as he was eventually worn down physically and looked knackered towards the end. Glen held their composure though as there was only going to be one team benefiting from getting into a melee at that stage.

What is the benefit of this melee though, especially at that stage?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2022, 11:55:17 AM

Benefit is probably not the right term but Errigal knew they were out of the championship at that point and had absolutely nothing to lose by venting their frustrations and getting sucked into a melee. Tyrone done the same thing against Armagh in the Athletic Grounds during the League when they had 4 men sent off when they were being soundly beaten but Armagh took the bait that day and got sucked in.   

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on November 14, 2022, 11:58:48 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2022, 11:55:17 AM

Benefit is probably not the right term but Errigal knew they were out of the championship at that point and had absolutely nothing to lose by venting their frustrations and getting sucked into a melee. Tyrone done the same thing against Armagh in the Athletic Grounds during the League when they had 4 men sent off when they were being soundly beaten but Armagh took the bait that day and got sucked in.
Not this one again! ;D

Wildweasel74

Glen had got their match ups at the start, they won by far more. Not sure what glass was doing for the goal miss, saying he roofed the bck of the net against Clare. Mcfaul a big miss in a tight game, plus a physical presence like Stevie O'Hara starting at Full forward. First goal shouldn't counted but def penalty not given. Errigal last goal attempt was obvious square ball from watching on TV.

The Trap

Great game yesterday in Celtic Park. Errigal did well for long periods but couldn't get the ball from their own kickouts in second half. Glen are an excellent team with some standout individuals.
Kilcoo looked really good to and seem to get better when going into this competition. Does look very much like those 2 in a mouth watering final in armagh.
Kudos to both enniskillen and cargin who won penalty shoot outs to reach an ulster semi final. Great boosts for both counties and it will be interesting to see how they get on.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 14, 2022, 02:10:24 PM
Glen had got their match ups at the start, they won by far more. Not sure what glass was doing for the goal miss, saying he roofed the bck of the net against Clare. Mcfaul a big miss in a tight game, plus a physical presence like Stevie O'Hara starting at Full forward. First goal shouldn't counted but def penalty not given. Errigal last goal attempt was obvious square ball from watching on TV.

The penalty shout was outside the box though. Should have been a free in

CK_Redhand

The strike I saw was from EC 7 P Og McCartan. The Glen female physio was tending to the struck player at the time, turned to McCartan and told him to eff off.

Ethan Doherty was man of the match for me. Great engine and was used to nullify EC attack late on.  As for who started the schmozzles etc., there was an earlier free given for off the ball foul on R Canavan... I'm guessing it wasn't an isolated incident and both D and R Canavan got a lot of close attention throughout, legal or otherwise. This frustration built up to the melee.

For consistency Tommy Canavan had a better game than his cousins.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: CK_Redhand on November 14, 2022, 03:26:09 PM
The strike I saw was from EC 7 P Og McCartan. The Glen female physio was tending to the struck player at the time, turned to McCartan and told him to eff off.

Ethan Doherty was man of the match for me. Great engine and was used to nullify EC attack late on.  As for who started the schmozzles etc., there was an earlier free given for off the ball foul on R Canavan... I'm guessing it wasn't an isolated incident and both D and R Canavan got a lot of close attention throughout, legal or otherwise. This frustration built up to the melee.

For consistency Tommy Canavan had a better game than his cousins.

Thankyou. Wasnt sure of the Canavan setup but didnt like to ask. Didnt think they were all brothers tbh. I know peter had 2 sons on yday is there a third? Was there just 3 canavans started yday (watched with a hangover in my defence 😉)

imtommygunn

seafoid

all of the excitement is gone now with the vendetta match over
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU