Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saul goodman

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2022, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2022, 10:24:24 AM
Here's the positives for Cargin, they are at home, a ground where they have won plenty of big games in recent years.

They have had a few weeks to prepare for this game, so any injury worries have had a chance to clear up

New manager but, he's been involved in plenty of big games and will have done his homework on this team

At some point you need to call on that experience to get you over the line and Cargin will have to use all that on Sunday

Glenties aren't a team that pulls away, its a dogged team and providing Cargin are a score away with 10 minutes to go they are in with a chance..

The pitches and weather will be a lot better than it was for their club final, Cargin are a better team on a 'clean' surface
Is Cargin the name of a townland ?

I am not a local but Cargin is the name of the club, the village is Toome, not sure if there is a townland of Cargin per se but don't think it

seafoid

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 10, 2022, 08:50:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2022, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2022, 10:24:24 AM
Here's the positives for Cargin, they are at home, a ground where they have won plenty of big games in recent years.

They have had a few weeks to prepare for this game, so any injury worries have had a chance to clear up

New manager but, he's been involved in plenty of big games and will have done his homework on this team

At some point you need to call on that experience to get you over the line and Cargin will have to use all that on Sunday

Glenties aren't a team that pulls away, its a dogged team and providing Cargin are a score away with 10 minutes to go they are in with a chance..

The pitches and weather will be a lot better than it was for their club final, Cargin are a better team on a 'clean' surface
Is Cargin the name of a townland ?

I am not a local but Cargin is the name of the club, the village is Toome, not sure if there is a townland of Cargin per se but don't think it
On the crest the Irish name is Carragan so it must be somewhere around Toome

Hoof Hearted

Yes there is a a Cargin road just a couple of mile out of toome heading towards Creggan. I THINK - although I could be corrected by the locals, that when the club was formed in 1923 that the original pitch was on this cargin Road. Pitch is now in the village,not central but it isn't a big place
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Main Street

Do these Ulster club championship games make it onto iptv? I won't be able to watch it live on Ulster GAA tv. but I could record an iptv stream.

seafoid

GRMA

Toome has the same name as Tuam in Galway.

befair

Where can I watch the Kilcco/Ballybay game? The Glenn/Errigal Ciaran game is on RTE (or TG4)

LeoMc

Quote from: befair on November 12, 2022, 04:50:22 PM
Where can I watch the Kilcco/Ballybay game? The Glenn/Errigal Ciaran game is on RTE (or TG4)

https://ulster.gaa.ie/tv/

grounded

befair

clarshack

Gowna had a great chance to go 2 up in injury time but kicked it short and Enniskillen went down and got the equaliser. Extra time now.

clarshack

Itchy

The gowna men forbidden to play the foreign game, Enniskillen with all their soccer players win the shootout with 5/5, gowna missed 1.

clarshack

Enniskillen win. As the commentators said the referee probably played a part in the Gowna penalty miss. The player was made to wait too long before hitting it.

full moon

Gowna were unlucky, referee didn't help delaying penalty taker to move other players. Enniskillen keeper done plenty of verbals in that time. Not ideal and he then missed.

Thought Conor Madden was unlucky to get red also but it didn't make any difference he was back on soon after for extra time.

Gowna really should have won regardless. Cavans poor record in Ulster club continues, that was definitely a winnable game compared to other teams in it.

rodney trotter

Cahair O Kane must have been watching a different game. He was tweeting like Enniskillen were so superior. There wasn't much in it. A very heavy pitch but a good game to watch. Ryan Donahoe had a bad miss at the end of extra time to win it. Referee was overly fussy,