Quote from: general_lee on November 08, 2022, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 08, 2022, 10:24:52 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on November 08, 2022, 08:34:31 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 07, 2022, 11:04:28 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on November 07, 2022, 10:12:22 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 07, 2022, 09:12:37 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 07, 2022, 09:27:48 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 07, 2022, 09:23:27 AM
No one is mentioning it but the black card was absolutely needless. They got crucified during that period and the black card was absolutely needless - no threat or danger from anything.
Harsh call too. Yer man went down like a bag of shite

I don't think it was harsh so much as wrong. Didn't look like a black card offence to me. The ball was at the other end of the pitch and it didn't seem like he took him out of the movement of play.

Is this the black just before half time? Criticising the Ballybay player for going down easy? Sure he went off after it. Was busted off ball.

I didn't criticise him for going down early. I just think by rule it wasn't a black card.

Sorry referring to previous poster said he went down easily. Definitely a black card at least. A body check off ball. Actually think maybe a red as how reckless it was and the outcome on Ballybay player needing to go off.

A body check is not by itself a black card and I didnt think it was particularly wreckless.  I think it was a yellow card offence
Surely it is a black? "To deliberately collide with an opponent... for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play"

if the ball was at the other end of the pitch, as has been stated, what movement of play was he taking him out of?

But the ball wasn't at the other end of the field Ballybay had it between the Midfield and 45 and were attacking trying to work it in.

Well I stand to be corrected but the only replays I've seen of it are looking down the pitch and they make it seem like Ballybay were a long long way out. I think it's significant that no side on camera picked it up nor did the ref. The words for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of the play has to mean something. If that was a black card offence then the rule should simply be to deliberately body collide with an opponent. Certainly if it had been an attacker on a defender in those circumstances I wouldn't have expected a black card.

I'm not actually sure if it was black or yellow, it would take someone with a good understanding of the rulebook to adjudicate on it. However in this case I think the punishment did actually fit the crime. The Cross player spent 10 minutes in the bin whilst the Ballybay players night was over due to the dig. It was in that 10 minutes that Ballybay effectively put the game to bed though so Cross paid the ultimate price.   

bennydorano

I remember watching the Donegal club final on TG4 and being disgusted at the behaviour of Glenties, a very talented but hugely cynical side, a diving shower of hoors. These are attributes required to win an Ulster Club, so I don't think they'll be too far away tbh and worth a punt at 8/1 to win outright.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bennydorano on November 08, 2022, 06:20:23 PM
I remember watching the Donegal club final on TG4 and being disgusted at the behaviour of Glenties, a very talented but hugely cynical side, a diving shower of hoors. These are attributes required to win an Ulster Club, so I don't think they'll be too far away tbh and worth a punt at 8/1 to win outright.

Agree. Glenties a very seasoned outfit. Pushed Kilcoo as close as anyone in recent years. If we get over Errigal it'll be tough (sorry Cargin).

TirEoghainGael

Personally, I think it's a disgrace that Jerome Johnston is taking €€€€ from Ballybay and refuses to manage agains his own club.

Wildweasel74

The Glenties will be renamed the divers if they continue they Donegal county final form.

imtommygunn

They have always been like that. Horrible team but then the likes of kilcoo have that in them too. Takes that to win sometimes unfortunately.

trailer

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on November 09, 2022, 01:34:44 AM
Personally, I think it's a disgrace that Jerome Johnston is taking €€€€ from Ballybay and refuses to manage agains his own club.

I think it is the biggest pile of virtue signalling shite. "Look how big a GAA man I am. Look I deep my love for Kilcoo goes."

I think it is an absolute pile of dung.

God14

Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2022, 08:59:27 AM

I think it is the biggest pile of virtue signalling shite. "Look how big a GAA man I am. Look I deep my love for Kilcoo goes."

110% agree with Trailer. Couldnt have worded that any better.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2022, 08:59:27 AM

Agree. Like he's a hero or something. Get over yourself!!

Ethan Tremblay

I would be of the opinion that a manager, just like the players, should have complete buy in to the team and what they are trying to accomplish. 

We had a manager and came up against his home club, with his son's playing, and he didn't hold back in telling us to get stuck in and put them away.  (side note, his son was in a "heated discussion" with one of our players, and he was happy to stand and watch impartially to that). 

I would imagine some of those Ballybay players have lost some respect for him over this. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

trailer

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 09, 2022, 09:41:24 AM
I would be of the opinion that a manager, just like the players, should have complete buy in to the team and what they are trying to accomplish. 

We had a manager and came up against his home club, with his son's playing, and he didn't hold back in telling us to get stuck in and put them away.  (side note, his son was in a "heated discussion" with one of our players, and he was happy to stand and watch impartially to that). 

I would imagine some of those Ballybay players have lost some respect for him over this.

Bound to have

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2022, 10:51:55 AM

Bound to have
Would they? He's brought them their first senior title in 10 years he'll be fondly remembered no matter what.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 09, 2022, 10:56:51 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2022, 10:51:55 AM

Bound to have
Would they? He's brought them their first senior title in 10 years he'll be fondly remembered no matter what.

True, he has, but he has inadvertently hampered their preparations for there first run in Ulster in 10 years also with this.  Is he not training the team this week, or setting them up tactically, mentally etc etc, does anyone know if he is taking the week off completely?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

general_lee

Imagine he didn't step aside. Doubts would creep in.
The first thing the players would think is, this c*nt probably doesn't care if we get beat.
At least now they know, his loyalty is with his home club.
He's out of the set-up until the match is over.
It's a no big deal.

Saul goodman

The whole Jerome Johnson thing is over-hyped, your man Doran is in the set up also and prob a whole host of other backroom team. I think he has done the correct thing and just allow the players to get on with it. Once the players cross the white line not much the manager can do to help them.

On a different note I cannot remember any Kilcoo games being played in Clones in the Ulster campaign all been in Armagh/Newry/Breffini/Omagh over the last number of years