Quote from: general_lee on November 08, 2022, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 08, 2022, 10:24:52 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on November 08, 2022, 08:34:31 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 07, 2022, 11:04:28 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on November 07, 2022, 10:12:22 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 07, 2022, 09:12:37 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 07, 2022, 09:27:48 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 07, 2022, 09:23:27 AM
No one is mentioning it but the black card was absolutely needless. They got crucified during that period and the black card was absolutely needless - no threat or danger from anything.
Harsh call too. Yer man went down like a bag of shite

I don't think it was harsh so much as wrong. Didn't look like a black card offence to me. The ball was at the other end of the pitch and it didn't seem like he took him out of the movement of play.

Is this the black just before half time? Criticising the Ballybay player for going down easy? Sure he went off after it. Was busted off ball.

I didn't criticise him for going down early. I just think by rule it wasn't a black card.

Sorry referring to previous poster said he went down easily. Definitely a black card at least. A body check off ball. Actually think maybe a red as how reckless it was and the outcome on Ballybay player needing to go off.

A body check is not by itself a black card and I didnt think it was particularly wreckless.  I think it was a yellow card offence
Surely it is a black? "To deliberately collide with an opponent... for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play"

if the ball was at the other end of the pitch, as has been stated, what movement of play was he taking him out of?

imtommygunn

It was a 45 to ballybay I think? If not it was a free in.

brokencrossbar1

It was a black card. No question

Cavan19

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 08, 2022, 10:58:10 AM
No one is mentioning it but the black card was absolutely needless. They got crucified during that period and the black card was absolutely needless - no threat or danger from anything.

I don't think it was harsh so much as wrong. Didn't look like a black card offence to me. The ball was at the other end of the pitch and it didn't seem like he took him out of the movement of play.

Is this the black just before half time? Criticising the Ballybay player for going down easy? Sure he went off after it. Was busted off ball.

I didn't criticise him for going down early. I just think by rule it wasn't a black card.

Sorry referring to previous poster said he went down easily. Definitely a black card at least. A body check off ball. Actually think maybe a red as how reckless it was and the outcome on Ballybay player needing to go off.

A body check is not by itself a black card and I didnt think it was particularly wreckless.  I think it was a yellow card offence
Surely it is a black? "To deliberately collide with an opponent... for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play"

if the ball was at the other end of the pitch, as has been stated, what movement of play was he taking him out of?

But the ball wasn't at the other end of the field Ballybay had it between the Midfield and 45 and were attacking trying to work it in.

Armagh18

The sooner the black card is scrapped for good the better

JimStynes

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 07, 2022, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: redzone on November 07, 2022, 09:38:42 PM
Morgan is one man fouling machine. He should have had a yellow even before the ball was threw in.
For all Araon Kernans ability he was badly caught out for the second goal. That said hes been some role model.
I think Drew Wylie set the template on how to mark O'Neil. He wasn't used that sort of attention and it rattled him
Yeah Finlay made a run and 3 or 4 Cross lads went with him, very poor defending allowed the other lad in. O'Neill been getting that attention his whole life I'd say he's well fit for it by now, didn't have a good night but was apparently carrying an injury too

I don't think he had the stinker people are making it out to be.

imtommygunn

I would agree on that. It wasn't just Wylie on him either - they doubled and tripled up when he got the ball. You're not going to score a load with that happening.

Armagh18

Quote from: JimStynes on November 08, 2022, 12:28:53 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 07, 2022, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: redzone on November 07, 2022, 09:38:42 PM
Morgan is one man fouling machine. He should have had a yellow even before the ball was threw in.
For all Araon Kernans ability he was badly caught out for the second goal. That said hes been some role model.
I think Drew Wylie set the template on how to mark O'Neil. He wasn't used that sort of attention and it rattled him
Yeah Finlay made a run and 3 or 4 Cross lads went with him, very poor defending allowed the other lad in. O'Neill been getting that attention his whole life I'd say he's well fit for it by now, didn't have a good night but was apparently carrying an injury too

I don't think he had the stinker people are making it out to be.
Still scored a cracker of a goal, certainly wasn't a stinker but by his standards it was a quiet one. With the ability he has, if the result does go his sides way he'll be the first person people lay the blame at if he's been quiet as he's expected by some to be scoring 1-6 every game

tintin25

Ulster club SFC quarter-final
Enniskillen Gaels (Fermanagh) v Gowna (Cavan) - think it's too early this Enniskillen team so will go Gowna by 3/4
Cargin (Antrim) v Naomh Conaill (Donegal) - Naomh Conaill by 2
Glen (Derry) v Errigal Ciaran (Tyrone) - Glen by 2
Ballybay (Monaghan) v Kilcoo (Down) - Kilcoo by 3

Man Marker

Thought the ref was crap in the Ballybay V Cross game, no penalty, no black card, was a yellow. as as generally poor, another basketball ref

Armagh18

Quote from: Man Marker on November 08, 2022, 12:58:18 PM
Thought the ref was crap in the Ballybay V Cross game, no penalty, no black card, was a yellow. as as generally poor, another basketball ref
See a lot of complaints from Shane O'Neills ones about the ref being too lenient in their game! Poor refs can't win lol but give me a ref thats there keep the score and not much else and who will let the game flow without giving out cards over one who thinks it's a non contact sport

yellowcard

Enniskillen Gaels (Fermanagh) v Gowna (Cavan) - Enniskillen by 4
Cargin (Antrim) v Naomh Conaill (Donegal) - Naomh Conaill by 8
Glen (Derry) v Errigal Ciaran (Tyrone) - Glen by 7
Ballybay (Monaghan) v Kilcoo (Down) - Kilcoo by 2

What way does the semi final draw pair up, do Kilcoo avoid Glen until the final?

SHEEDY

Quote from: yellowcard on November 08, 2022, 01:03:29 PM

What way does the semi final draw pair up, do Kilcoo avoid Glen until the final?
Ballybay/Kilcoo v Enniskillen Gaels/Gowna.  Glen/Errigal Ciaran v Naomh Conaill/Cargin in semi finals
nil satis nisi optimum

David McKeown

Quote from: Cavan19 on November 08, 2022, 12:17:11 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 08, 2022, 10:58:10 AM

But the ball wasn't at the other end of the field Ballybay had it between the Midfield and 45 and were attacking trying to work it in.

Well I stand to be corrected but the only replays I've seen of it are looking down the pitch and they make it seem like Ballybay were a long long way out. I think it's significant that no side on camera picked it up nor did the ref. The words for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of the play has to mean something. If that was a black card offence then the rule should simply be to deliberately body collide with an opponent. Certainly if it had been an attacker on a defender in those circumstances I wouldn't have expected a black card.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Saul goodman

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 08, 2022, 01:44:08 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 08, 2022, 01:03:29 PM

Ballybay/Kilcoo v Enniskillen Gaels/Gowna.  Glen/Errigal Ciaran v Naomh Conaill/Cargin in semi finals

The smart money is Glen-v-Kilcoo final but wouldn't want to throw too much on it Errigal have some quality about them and Ballybay showed they are well fit for a tilt at Ulster was a commanding display even if they got a hand from the ref with that penalty which was for nothing