Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2022, 12:57:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2022, 12:53:40 PM
When was the last Monaghan team to win Ulster club?

Blayney 1991

So I'm not too sure that's going to change tbh..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2022, 12:52:02 PM
I don't think anyone underestimates Kilcoo. They will be very hard to beat. I think Ballybay will put it up to them, particularly with the whole Johnston factor but ultimately Kilcoo will win. They will make the final but Glen will ultimately win it. It's their year

"Ach shure lookit we're just happy to be involved in the thing. Weve no expectations other than givin a good account of ourselves"
😉😃

yellowcard

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 03, 2022, 09:08:46 PM
Current Ulster Club SFC odds
1. Watty Grahams Glen 6/4
2. Kilcoo 5/2
3. Crossmaglen Rangers 9/2
4. Naomh Conaill 8/1
5. Errigal Ciaran 11/1
6. Gowna 20/1
7=. Cargin 33/1
7=. Ballybay Pearse Brothers 33/1
7=. Enniskillen Gaels 33/1

Source: Paddy Power

I'm not quite sure how Glen are 6/4 and Kilcoo 5/2. There is nothing between those 2 sides and I'd expect them to meet in the final if thats the way the draw pans out.

Also think Cross are third favourites on reputation only. The Ulster club will come too early for them but I reckon they will beat Ballybay easily and they certainly won't lie down against Kilcoo either. I do think it could be the start of another run for Cross in Armagh though as they have the right age profile.

The outsider I'd be most wary of is Naomh Conaill, they might be dour but they will be extremely hard to play against in winter conditions.   

grounded

I cannot see Ballybay beating Cross. Boylesporrts are giving 5/4 for Cross to win both halves, which is about the best value i can see.

Armagh18

Quote from: bannside on November 04, 2022, 12:29:45 PM
Would be seriously surprised if the winner didn't come from Glen or Kilcoo. Not only best teams in the competition but best management set ups as well.
Rumours of discontent with the Kilcoo management since Moran left, maybe false but apparently the training wasn't tough enough for some of the lads

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on November 04, 2022, 01:17:24 PM
2. Kilcoo 5/2
4. Naomh Conaill 8/1
5. Errigal Ciaran 11/1
6. Gowna 20/1
7=. Cargin 33/1

I'm not quite sure how Glen are 6/4 and Kilcoo 5/2. There is nothing between those 2 sides and I'd expect them to meet in the final if thats the way the draw pans out.

Also think Cross are third favourites on reputation only. The Ulster club will come too early for them but I reckon they will beat Ballybay easily and they certainly won't lie down against Kilcoo either. I do think it could be the start of another run for Cross in Armagh though as they have the right age profile.

The outsider I'd be most wary of is Naomh Conaill, they might be dour but they will be extremely hard to play against in winter conditions.   
Glen is in Derry. As soon as a Derry team wins a championship,  a wall of money follows it. Derry were unbackable after they won Ulster in the summer,,

skeog

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on November 04, 2022, 02:28:44 PM
2. Kilcoo 5/2
4. Naomh Conaill 8/1
5. Errigal Ciaran 11/1
6. Gowna 20/1
7=. Cargin 33/1

Glen is in Derry. As soon as a Derry team wins a championship,  a wall of money follows it. Derry were unbackable after they won Ulster in the summer,,

But its backed up with Derry clubs form in Ulster. as a collective of clubs, they do very well, as opposed to Cross for nearly all of Armagh wins and EC being the only Tyrone club team to be competitive in Ulster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Armagh and Derry are level in terms of Ulster club victories, but Armaghs titles are from 3 different clubs: Cross 11, Clan na gael 3 and Mullaghbawn 1
Derry's titles are from 7 different clubs: Bellaghy 4, Ballinderry 4, Slaughtneil 3, Lavey 2, Dungiven 1, An Lub 1 and Ballerin 1
Ulster League Champions 2009

brokencrossbar1

Derry is the strongest county club level full stop. Glen odds on to become club no 8

Armagh18

Quote from: Estimator on November 04, 2022, 02:53:55 PM
Armagh and Derry are level in terms of Ulster club victories, but Armaghs titles are from 3 different clubs: Cross 11, Clan na gael 3 and Mullaghbawn 1
Derry's titles are from 7 different clubs: Bellaghy 4, Ballinderry 4, Slaughtneil 3, Lavey 2, Dungiven 1, An Lub 1 and Ballerin 1
Outside of Cross, forget about Armagh Clubs in Ulster at all levels. I think Blackwatertown won a junior in 2010 and since that we've barely won a game at junior intermediate or senior in donkeys years.  (Clan Eireann won a game or 2 last year and will definitely challenge Cross as top dogs in Armagh in the future). Tyrone and Monaghan seem to be top dogs at intermediate and junior level

God14

Quote from: Estimator on November 04, 2022, 02:53:55 PM

remarkable stat that

Walter Cronc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2022, 02:58:05 PM
Derry is the strongest county club level full stop. Glen odds on to become club no 8

BCB if you are ever short on work lad give us a shout. PR job at the club could be yours!!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 04, 2022, 03:26:42 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2022, 02:58:05 PM

BCB if you are ever short on work lad give us a shout. PR job at the club could be yours!!!

I've been spinning the same auld yarn year in year and poor mouthing us but more often then not I'm wrong!  Still think we are a year or 2 early to win it this year

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2022, 02:32:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 04, 2022, 02:28:44 PM
2. Kilcoo 5/2
4. Naomh Conaill 8/1
5. Errigal Ciaran 11/1
6. Gowna 20/1
7=. Cargin 33/1

But its backed up with Derry clubs form in Ulster. as a collective of clubs, they do very well, as opposed to Cross for nearly all of Armagh wins and EC being the only Tyrone club team to be competitive in Ulster
Club generally is about doing the iterations until your turn comes. Kilcoo didn't win the all -Ireland on the first attempt.