Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: seafoid on November 03, 2022, 12:44:30 PM
Quote from: full moon on November 02, 2022, 02:50:18 PM
Crossmaglen vs Ballybay on RTE this Saturday.

Gowna vs Enniskillen Gaels rearranged the following weekend to the Saturday night I wonder is this due to RTE coverage also.

Ballybay always remind me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqu2mwPdkGE

Main Street will be around to you! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 03, 2022, 09:08:46 PM
Current Ulster Club SFC odds
1. Watty Grahams Glen 6/4
2. Kilcoo 5/2
3. Crossmaglen Rangers 9/2
4. Naomh Conaill 8/1
5. Errigal Ciaran 11/1
6. Gowna 20/1
7=. Cargin 33/1
7=. Ballybay Pearse Brothers 33/1
7=. Enniskillen Gaels 33/1

Source: Paddy Power
Crazy how much difference there is in Cross and Ballybay in the betting. That will be a tight game I reckon

Ghost

Will Errigal be any use to Glen? You're looking at a lot shorter than 11/1 if they were to spring an upset Sunday week.

LeoMc

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 03, 2022, 09:55:30 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 03, 2022, 09:08:46 PM
Current Ulster Club SFC odds
1. Watty Grahams Glen 6/4
2. Kilcoo 5/2
3. Crossmaglen Rangers 9/2
4. Naomh Conaill 8/1
5. Errigal Ciaran 11/1
6. Gowna 20/1
7=. Cargin 33/1
7=. Ballybay Pearse Brothers 33/1
7=. Enniskillen Gaels 33/1

Source: Paddy Power
Crazy how much difference there is in Cross and Ballybay in the betting. That will be a tight game I reckon
PP have Cross 2/7 and Ballybay 7/2.

bennydorano

Cross certainly don't have the mental toughness or class of previous teams, if things aren't going their way I doubt they'll eke it out against a seasoned side - but they've certainly got the firepower to blow Ballybay away as well.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on November 03, 2022, 11:39:37 PM
Cross certainly don't have the mental toughness or class of previous teams, if things aren't going their way I doubt they'll eke it out against a seasoned side - but they've certainly got the firepower to blow Ballybay away as well.
They haven't got the experience at this level (yet) but they definitely are filled with class. Rian O'Neill is as good a footballer as you're likely to see, Cian McConville gave an exhibition in the county final and thats without mentioning evergreen Aaron Kernan, Morgan and Jamie Clarke to name a few. Remains to be seen how they'll get on in a tight match against a seasoned team- really hope they get over Ballybay as would be really interested to see how they would do vs Kilcoo.

themac_23

Quote from: Ghost on November 03, 2022, 10:03:11 PM
Will Errigal be any use to Glen? You're looking at a lot shorter than 11/1 if they were to spring an upset Sunday week.

The 1 thing id say in this is Errigal won't sit back and try and ruin the game the way most Derry teams do against Glen. They'll go for it and it gives Glen something to think about with the 2 Canavans, I think glen come through by a couple of points though but be tight. stuck £10 on EC for ulster anyway as think the winner will come from this and there's no value in betting Glen

Brick Tamlin

Lads there's a serious underestimating of Kilcoo on here. No team in Ulster will match them for pure dogged hunger and determination to get a result by any means necessary. Their collective experience will stand to them like few other teams in Ulster. The 2 Canavans would be food and drink to the Brannigan boys in Kilcoo if they met.

I quite fancy Ballybay to take Crossmaglen. at 33-1 for Ulster Ballybay has some serious value. Cross have firepower to be sure but they arent as hot as many would have you believe. After McConville and O'Neill they are an ordinary team. Ballybay will be well prepped for them. Thats gonna be a battle.

Watty Grahams will have sights on the Ulster Title and another bite out of Kilcoo but they could get tripped up if they are looking too far ahead. Plus McFaul's loss is huge, no two ways about it.

Armagh18

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 04, 2022, 11:46:53 AM
Lads there's a serious underestimating of Kilcoo on here. No team in Ulster will match them for pure dogged hunger and determination to get a result by any means necessary. Their collective experience will stand to them like few other teams in Ulster. The 2 Canavans would be food and drink to the Brannigan boys in Kilcoo if they met.

I quite fancy Ballybay to take Crossmaglen. at 33-1 for Ulster Ballybay has some serious value. Cross have firepower to be sure but they arent as hot as many would have you believe. After McConville and O'Neill they are an ordinary team. Ballybay will be well prepped for them. Thats gonna be a battle.

Watty Grahams will have sights on the Ulster Title and another bite out of Kilcoo but they could get tripped up if they are looking too far ahead. Plus McFaul's loss is huge, no two ways about it.
Completely agree on this. No team ever got anything easy against Kilcoo and I do think as good as the Canavan lads are they'd get a rude awakening against Kilcoo if they did meet.

quit yo jibbajabba

Said same meself last year about Kilcoo. Most of the talk was about Glen (who i hope win it) while Kilcoo went about their work. The team that bates Kilcoo wins it. Maybe 😉😃

bannside

Would be seriously surprised if the winner didn't come from Glen or Kilcoo. Not only best teams in the competition but best management set ups as well.

general_lee

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 04, 2022, 11:46:53 AM
I wouldn't be so dismissive of Crossmaglen. They're not quite the vintage team of old but to describe them as ordinary outside of two players is a bit naive.

Rian and Cian are two exceptional players that would walk any club team in the country. As well as them you have Jamie Clarke who is still a huge threat, Aaron Kernan is an experienced and well honed operator and you've also a pig of a man like James Morgan in defence. Add in Calum Cumiskey and Stephen Morris, two seasoned players as well as the new crop that are coming through.

Any team that wins Monaghan is a serious outfit and Ballybay deserve credit for overcoming Scotstown after a decade of trying. I just think that having been beaten in a few finals recently (by 10 pts in 2020 - don't think Cross have ever been beaten by 10 pts in championship football in the last 20 never mind 10 years) Ballybay might be a bit more susceptible if things go against them, Cross on the other hand have done exceptionally well getting out of Armagh this year.

I agree on Kilcoo, they'll be waiting in the long grass; regardless of who wins it will be an intriguing tie against the magpies.

brokencrossbar1

I don't think anyone underestimates Kilcoo. They will be very hard to beat. I think Ballybay will put it up to them, particularly with the whole Johnston factor but ultimately Kilcoo will win. They will make the final but Glen will ultimately win it. It's their year

Milltown Row2

When was the last Monaghan team to win Ulster club?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1