Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

That was the same last year, they not playing as well (or within them selves) this Yr, it's not easy to turn on or off. Just hope they don't come in undercooked this year, as only Magherafelt gabe them a tight game for 40mins.

seafoid

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on November 01, 2022, 05:19:48 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 01, 2022, 03:04:54 PM
Yes cross errigal and Kilcoo will be hard to beat, but a new name on the trophy will not be a big surprise
Winner of glenties/cargin to be dark horses

PP has Glen second favourites for the All-Iteland.
Here we go again

Saul goodman

Quote from: seafoid on November 01, 2022, 09:10:06 PM
Yes cross errigal and Kilcoo will be hard to beat, but a new name on the trophy will not be a big surprise

Here we go again

What price are Glen to win the Ulster

bookie always wins

Armagh18

Here we go again
Fair enough probably as Kilcoo will always be longshots to retain it and Kilmacud have added Walsh. Would be interested to see how he'd get on against Kilcoo or Glen on a bad pitch, not too well I'd guess

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 01, 2022, 10:38:33 PM

Here we go again
Fair enough probably as Kilcoo will always be longshots to retain it and Kilmacud have added Walsh. Would be interested to see how he'd get on against Kilcoo or Glen on a bad pitch, not too well I'd guess

Probably more to do with the fact that the Dublin champions invariably win the Leinster club title whereas the likes of Glen and Kilcoo will have to negotiate 3 tough games to get through Ulster. If either Glen or Kilcoo played kilmacud tomorrow there would be very little between the sides.

rodney trotter

The provincial championship could and probaly should start a weeks earlier. Tyrone were knocked out of the All Ireland series and played their Co final last weekend.
With all the rain the last few weeks the pitches will be in shite.

In hiding

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 02, 2022, 10:41:22 AM
The provincial championship could and probaly should start a weeks earlier. Tyrone were knocked out of the All Ireland series and played their Co final last weekend.
In Tyrone, the county board played the league off before the championship started.
This is perfect for the clubs but it did cause the championship to run a bit later than would be ideal.
Ironically the u20s winning the All Ireland held up the start of the league which probably put everything back two or three weeks

FermGael

Quote from: In hiding on November 02, 2022, 11:05:02 AM
In Tyrone, the county board played the league off before the championship started.
This is perfect for the clubs but it did cause the championship to run a bit later than would be ideal.
Ironically the u20s winning the All Ireland held up the start of the league which probably put everything back two or three weeks

Did they ?
Still league playoff for relegation and promotion ongoing in Tyrone as far as I know
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

rodney trotter

Knocked out on June 5*.

I see Tyrone started their league at the end of May. That's a long for players to be waiting. Club players shouldn't be waiting until end of September to begin their club championship

An Watcher

Just wondering if it would be a good idea to hold these club championships as double headers on neutral grounds? Attendance wouldn't be an issue but pitches holding up might be a bigger problem.  Just think it would be great to see 2 quarters on one day and possibly the semis as well?

LeoMc

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 02, 2022, 12:44:22 PM
Knocked out on June 5*.

I see Tyrone started their league at the end of May. That's a long for players to be waiting. Club players shouldn't be waiting until end of September to begin their club championship
They haven't been waiting around. They have been playing the league which determines which championship they will be in next year.

LeoMc

Quote from: FermGael on November 02, 2022, 12:07:33 PM
Quote from: In hiding on November 02, 2022, 11:05:02 AM

Did they ?
Still league playoff for relegation and promotion ongoing in Tyrone as far as I know
Yes, league fixtures were completed. Play offs could not be completed until relevant teams were out of championship or the championship completed.

rodney trotter

Quote from: LeoMc on November 02, 2022, 01:30:29 PM
Knocked out on June 5*.

They haven't been waiting around. They have been playing the league which determines which championship they will be in next year.

I meant Tyrone didn't start the League's until middle of May. Why not play it earlier

clarshack

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 02, 2022, 01:41:04 PM
Knocked out on June 5*.

I meant Tyrone didn't start the League's until middle of May. Why not play it earlier

with league and championship statuses linked in Tyrone, pretty much every league game is crucial and there is a max of 5 starred league games. It can't really start any earlier.

screenexile

Quote from: clarshack on November 02, 2022, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 02, 2022, 01:41:04 PM
Knocked out on June 5*.

with league and championship statuses linked in Tyrone, pretty much every league game is crucial and there is a max of 5 starred league games. It can't really start any earlier.

Was the league not held up for a length of time because of Greencastle's controversy??