Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Can't see a thread. Apologies if one exists.
I'll be having a punt on Glen for this. Kilcoo just not looking as strong but do have the ability to peak at the right time.
Cross look great but maybe it's just a year too soon.
Errigal great on paper but tyrone champs not been at the races in years.
Interesting dynamic with Jerome senior with ballbay.
Should be a cracking championship.

Saul goodman

Be interesting definitely think Glen/Kilcoo or Cross are likely to win. Kilcoo just seem
To do enough to eek out wins and then hit peak form around now. Would love to see them play Cross there is a bit of bad blood between them two sides

Milltown Row2

Can't look past the teams that are previous winners.... EC have that in their locker despite the other Tyrone clubs records in Ulster, Kilcoo look to be struggling but they can grind teams down and get the results...

Glen wondering why they didn't win last year so will undoubtedly be right in the mix and being a Derry club team they have one of the best records in this competition. Cross club is phenomenal in Ulster so automatically they will bring that pedigree into it

Can't see the rest making any inroads unfortunately from an Antrim perspective, hoped to be proved wrong of course
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Glen to win it and it will be dour

clarshack

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 30, 2022, 11:06:57 PM
Glen to win it and it will be dour

Agree. Glen will win it this year but Errigal will give them a game.

Saul goodman

Glen bound to feel the loss of Ciaran McFaul I think EC on paper anyway have more star quality than glen, guys like Petey Harte have all the skills but then my sensible head tells me Tyrone sides do crap in ulster and glen could grind them down

quit yo jibbajabba

Great tournament. Cant believe there wasnt a thread on it, looked earlier meself.

Mcfaul a huge loss but ye hardly noticed it against sneil. Cross, Kilcoo, Errigal, has the makings of a great tourno ye just hope for some open football

Wildweasel74

Kilcoo the team to beat, then Glen,

seafoid

Quote from: charlieTully on October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM
Can't see a thread. Apologies if one exists.
I'll be having a punt on Glen for this. Kilcoo just not looking as strong but do have the ability to peak at the right time.
Cross look great but maybe it's just a year too soon.
Errigal great on paper but tyrone champs not been at the races in years.
Interesting dynamic with Jerome senior with ballbay.
Should be a cracking championship.
Back to back all irelands are very hard to execute. Kolcoo will probably run out of gas at some stage.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Saul goodman on October 30, 2022, 11:25:09 PM
Glen bound to feel the loss of Ciaran McFaul I think EC on paper anyway have more star quality than glen, guys like Petey Harte have all the skills but then my sensible head tells me Tyrone sides do crap in ulster and glen could grind them down

You away with the fairies ;D

ONeill

I've a quid on Glen to go the whole way and take Kilcoo's national title. Will be mightily pissed off if that quid is wasted.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh18

Should be a good championship alright with Cross, Glen, Kilcoo and Errigal Ciaran. Did Derrygonnelly win Fermanagh? They're always a good side in Ulster.

bennydorano

Cross v Ballybay on RTE Saturday night. It'll be interesting to see Cross, the name obviously still carries a lot of kudos but I don't think they're a patch on previous editions, still a lot of talent there but I doubt they'd have the mental toughness yet. Ballybay are a well seasoned outfit so I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Cross.

square_ball

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 31, 2022, 07:45:44 AM
Should be a good championship alright with Cross, Glen, Kilcoo and Errigal Ciaran. Did Derrygonnelly win Fermanagh? They're always a good side in Ulster.

Enniskillen Gaels back on top of their perch in Fermanagh. Play Gowna now so a good chance for both sides.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on October 31, 2022, 07:53:17 AM
Cross v Ballybay on RTE Saturday night. It'll be interesting to see Cross, the name obviously still carries a lot of kudos but I don't think they're a patch on previous editions, still a lot of talent there but I doubt they'd have the mental toughness yet. Ballybay are a well seasoned outfit so I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Cross.
A lot of talented young lads, plenty of older heads there like Morgan, Hughes and of course Aaron Kernan, not forgetting Clarke back in the fold as well plus obviously Rian O'Neill. Very interested to see how they get on in Ulster as they absolutely sailed through Armagh this year but Ballybay will be a big test.