Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: seafoid on November 01, 2022, 06:20:25 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 01, 2022, 01:25:21 AM
gowna were the last seed number 8 in the knockout stage of their championship and went on win the title the cavan championship they had to play number 1 seed cavan gaels who won 4 out of 4 in the league stage in quarter finals.
Is Gowna the other half parish of Mullinalaghta?

Yeah it is.

TirEoghainGael

For me it has to be Errigal. Eight men currently with Tyrone senior panel. On paper have been favourites for Tyrone championship every year and now they've got it finally over with I don't see Glen or anyone getting close.

nrico2006

Did O'Rourke manage EC and how close or involved is he currently with the club? Any family members playing for EC?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on November 01, 2022, 12:56:45 PM
For me it has to be Errigal. Eight men currently with Tyrone senior panel. On paper have been favourites for Tyrone championship every year and now they've got it finally over with I don't see Glen or anyone getting close.

Madness!

The Ulster Club is not something you just rock up and win having not played in it before. Glen were big favourites last year and found out themselves how hard it is when you come up against a team like Kilcoo who have been playing Ulster Club for 10 years!!

Errigal Ciaran are no doubt a good side but how you can say you can't see anyone getting close is madness!

Cargin/Glen/Kilcoo/Crossmaglen/Naomh Conall have all played Ulster over the last few years and will be no pushover in winter football.

yellowcard

Tyrone clubs have an abysmal record when it comes to Ulster club championship so I'm not sure what you are basing this assertion on. If, as you suggest, they have 8 Tyrone county players then you'd have to ask the question where have they been up until now. Glen were narrowly beaten by Kilcoo last year in a game that could have easily went either way and for me they are the team to beat in this years competition. 

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on November 01, 2022, 02:23:26 PM

Tyrone clubs have an abysmal record when it comes to Ulster club championship so I'm not sure what you are basing this assertion on. If, as you suggest, they have 8 Tyrone county players then you'd have to ask the question where have they been up until now. Glen were narrowly beaten by Kilcoo last year in a game that could have easily went either way and for me they are the team to beat in this years competition.
He's obviously winding. EC a very good side and may well win Ulster but it is literally wide open this year. 

Hoof Hearted

Yes cross errigal and Kilcoo will be hard to beat, but a new name on the trophy will not be a big surprise
Winner of glenties/cargin to be dark horses
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

shawshank

Erigal give the ball up to often to put up a serious challenge to Kilcoo, Glen or even Naomh Conal where possession is king.

tbrick18

Is this true?
I thought it was 8 Tyrone players across minor/u20/senior?

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 01, 2022, 03:29:59 PM

Is this true?
2 Canavans and Petey Harte. Who else?

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 01, 2022, 03:38:09 PM

Is this true?
Joe Oguz, ben mcdonnell, niall kelly, darragh mcanenly, cormac quinn

Saul goodman

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 01, 2022, 03:04:54 PM
Yes cross errigal and Kilcoo will be hard to beat, but a new name on the trophy will not be a big surprise

I don't think Cargin will do any damage poor record in ulster- but hope I am wrong I would like to see them do well for antrim's sake. I would not watch that Glenties team if they were playing in the back yard. See paddypower have crossmaglen at 2/7 on to beat ballybay

God14

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on November 01, 2022, 04:17:05 PM

Is this true?

Cormac Quinn? Not true.

RandyDupree

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on November 01, 2022, 04:17:05 PM

Is this true?

Who are they? 😂

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 01, 2022, 03:04:54 PM

PP has Glen second favourites for the All-Iteland.