Ulster JFC/IFC 2022

Started by DownFanatic, October 03, 2022, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I'm a little out of touch with Cavan club football at junior level but I don't think Drumlane would be considered a senior team or anywhere near it. They weren't even favourites to win Cavan out. That said they have Ryan Connolly who has been on the fringes of county panel for a few years.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Itchy on November 21, 2022, 09:29:39 PM
I'm a little out of touch with Cavan club football at junior level but I don't think Drumlane would be considered a senior team or anywhere near it. They weren't even favourites to win Cavan out. That said they have Ryan Connolly who has been on the fringes of county panel for a few years.
Watched their game with Craigbane in the Preliminary round on Ulster TV. Craigbane went down to 14 men after 10/15 minutes and ended up losing by 1. I think they'd have won had they kept 15 on the pitch. Just off that game I'd have to have Stewartstown as decent favorites. Drumlane were very well organised but possibly lacking the out and out forwards. They came 3rd I think in Div 2 in Cavan though so can't be a kick in the ass off of some senior teams.

general_lee

So they're very much an intermediate team? Just like Stewartstown?

Westside

Quote from: general_lee on November 22, 2022, 09:16:11 AM

Drumlane have been a good junior side/poor intermediate side in recent years. They only made it out of the group in Cavan this year with a last minute long range free from Connolly. They were Division 3 League last year.

Connolly has kicked a series of winning frees but from open play, he won't be top of the list for close attention.

clarshack

Quote from: Westside on November 22, 2022, 11:43:42 AM

Drumlane have been a good junior side/poor intermediate side in recent years. They only made it out of the group in Cavan this year with a last minute long range free from Connolly. They were Division 3 League last year.

Connolly has kicked a series of winning frees but from open play, he won't be top of the list for close attention.

was looking at league tables in Cavan and noticed that Denn who won Ulster Junior comfortably last year finished bottom of Division 2 winning only 1 game. would that have been expected of them this year?

mrdeeds

Quote from: clarshack on November 22, 2022, 11:58:54 AM
Quote from: Westside on November 22, 2022, 11:43:42 AM

was looking at league tables in Cavan and noticed that Denn who won Ulster Junior comfortably last year finished bottom of Division 2 winning only 1 game. would that have been expected of them this year?

Bit of a hangover after winning, struggled to get a manager then Mossy Corr ex county player retired and couple lads went travelling.

bennydorano

Very entertaining game, going to ET. 0.12 each at FT.

Baile an tuaigh

Stewartstown game very exiting played most of 2nd half with 14 men I thought the sending off was very buttery. Stewartstown could have had a couple of goals but only took the lead for the first time on 60th minute. I fancy them in extra time if they can settle themselves in front of the goal posts. They hit quite a few wides.

Baile an tuaigh

Half time in extra time

Stewartstown 1 - 12 (penalty)
Drumlane 0 - 13

Baile an tuaigh

bennydorano

Connolly scored 0.9 I think but missed 2 pens in the shoot out.

Stewartstown win

giveherlong

Fossa into the Munster final with a facile win
Harps will be able to give the Cliffords their full attention now

Baile an tuaigh

Gareth Devlin pulled his ham string for Stewartstown he's their top scorer. Hopefully for them it's not too serious.

Itchy

Congrats to stewartstown but f**k me what's wrong with a replay. Pens shouldn't be deciding a provincial final

clarshack

Incredible to be coming home with the trophy this evening as I thought our chances were slim when Manies went off and Tiernan Rush picking up a 2nd yellow. We knew Drumlane were a very good side so the lads had to dig deep and they did!

So it's away to Glasgow Gaels in 2 weeks and I think the winners play Clifden (Galway) or St. Ronan's (Roscommon) in the All-Ireland semi-final but we will enjoy this week and then take it from there.