Ulster JFC/IFC 2022

Started by DownFanatic, October 03, 2022, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

I agree itchy probably a replay would have been best. A very hard one to loose for either team but it was a fantastic spectacle. A great competition.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on November 26, 2022, 07:31:30 PM
Congrats to stewartstown but f**k me what's wrong with a replay. Pens shouldn't be deciding a provincial final
Agreed. No way for a team to lose.

RedHand88

Congrats to stewartstown but f**k me what's wrong with a replay. Pens shouldn't be deciding a provincial final

We used to have replays. Then people complained about the GAA being money grabbers, referees were accused of "playing for draws" and there was much moaning about the cost of diesel and the second day out.

People have very short memories.

Itchy

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 26, 2022, 09:34:54 PM

We used to have replays. Then people complained about the GAA being money grabbers, referees were accused of "playing for draws" and there was much moaning about the cost of diesel and the second day out.

Except that's nothing to do with why they were brought in.

RedHand88

Quote from: Itchy on November 26, 2022, 09:38:34 PM

Why were they brought in then?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on November 26, 2022, 09:38:34 PM

Nothing? Ok I'm listening
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Brought in to keep tournaments to schedule. Isont recall gaa announcing that was because they were money grabbers or to prevent corrupt referees etc.

RedHand88

Quote from: Itchy on November 27, 2022, 09:01:24 AM
Brought in to keep tournaments to schedule. Isont recall gaa announcing that was because they were money grabbers or to prevent corrupt referees etc.

I didn't say that. I said that's what people complained about. Now that they've lost that to complain about they're complaining that penalties are no way to finish a GAA match. (whatever that means).

We are a nation of moans.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 27, 2022, 10:16:20 AM

I didn't say that. I said that's what people complained about. Now that they've lost that to complain about they're complaining that penalties are no way to finish a GAA match. (whatever that means).

And corrupt referees  :D

Plot lost
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2022, 10:53:19 AM

And corrupt referees  :D

Plot lost

It's very simple, GAA want games finished to schedule. That's why penalties were brought in. It was zero to do with people crying about refs, diesel or anything else. I think they've got it very wrong deciding finals like this. Would you be happy with say the All Ireland final being decided by penalties? I don't think anyone would want to see that. That's the only point i was making.

Eire90

why can they not do a first to 3 points if level after extra time but when you suggest that go into bugged eyed meltdown and then moan about penalities

nrico2006

Quote from: Eire90 on November 27, 2022, 12:57:57 PM
why can they not do a first to 3 points if level after extra time but when you suggest that go into bugged eyed meltdown and then moan about penalities

Problem there is 1 team could have a significant wind advantage which makes it unfair, unlike penalties.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Westside

Who has ever complained about a provincial final going to a replay?

Eire90

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 27, 2022, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 27, 2022, 12:57:57 PM

Problem there is 1 team could have a significant wind advantage which makes it unfair, unlike penalties.

you could say anything is unfair maybe swap ends after a point is scored

Westside

Barry Cassidy screws Cavan team. Shock horror.