Author Topic: Assaults at GAA games  (Read 22206 times)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
Re: Assaults at GAA games
« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2022, 07:28:31 PM »
Both teams should got banned

Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2022, 08:17:50 PM »
U21 club game abandoned after 59mins. Big bust up involving most players. One player lost consciousness due to choking, Huge inquiry now, would expect this to make national news.

Edit to remove an ambiguous statement.  Poster advised and may re-edit as poster sees fit.

Mod5
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 09:20:31 PM by GAABoardMod5 »

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 24, 2022, 08:21:54 PM »
What county Rudi?

Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 24, 2022, 08:25:08 PM »
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 08:26:40 PM by Rudi »

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 24, 2022, 08:50:58 PM »
Not good

Cavan19

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 25, 2022, 09:19:57 AM »
U21 club game abandoned after 59mins. Big bust up involving most players. One player lost consciousness due to choking, Huge inquiry now, would expect this to make national news.

Edit to remove an ambiguous statement.  Poster advised and may re-edit as poster sees fit.

Mod5

How is the huge inquiry going?

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 25, 2022, 09:27:04 AM »
Typical Donegal, both should be thrown out and banned for life. Only 5 points scored in 59 minutes? Disgraceful.

On a serious note, hope the lad is ok. U21ís can be a funny age. Melees would have been the standard for 90% of games I ever watched or played in at that age level.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2022, 09:48:57 AM »
Typical Donegal, both should be thrown out and banned for life. Only 5 points scored in 59 minutes? Disgraceful.

On a serious note, hope the lad is ok. U21ís can be a funny age. Melees would have been the standard for 90% of games I ever watched or played in at that age level.

So in 10 games you've watched or played in at that level there was 9 melee's? Christ that's wild, there's the odd dust up here and there but if they are anything like what was reported above at that ratio then there's is something wrong in Armagh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 25, 2022, 09:51:56 AM »

So in 10 games you've watched or played in at that level there was 9 melee's? Christ that's wild, there's the odd dust up here and there but if they are anything like what was reported above at that ratio then there's is something wrong in Armagh
Well maybe 90% is abit exaggerated and a lot were more pushing and shoving than melees lol but itís that age where a lot of lads maybe try and act the hard fella abit more. Just my experience.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 25, 2022, 11:39:51 AM »

Well maybe 90% is abit exaggerated and a lot were more pushing and shoving than melees lol but itís that age where a lot of lads maybe try and act the hard fella abit more. Just my experience.

Under 16 was the age group (from refereeing) was the most difficult, you really needed to apply a different set of tolerances to fouls, they take it very personal at that age
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2022, 01:49:43 PM »

We save getting into Melee's till we're on the National Stage, no point scraping in the likes of Clonmore or Dorsey with no TV cameras.

StephenC

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 25, 2022, 02:04:16 PM »

Under 16 was the age group (from refereeing) was the most difficult, you really needed to apply a different set of tolerances to fouls, they take it very personal at that age

Interesting. I took an U15 team for the first time this year and I noticed this exact thing. So much pride to get bruised!

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2022, 03:25:57 PM »

Interesting. I took an U15 team for the first time this year and I noticed this exact thing. So much pride to get bruised!
Saw plenty of U15 games in Armagh last year. Mostly i thought the refs allowed kids with the ball to be battered too often with not enough done to curtail closed fist tackles.  Reactions from the victims were plentiful.   

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2022, 03:32:40 PM »

Saw plenty of U15 games in Armagh last year. Mostly i thought the refs allowed kids with the ball to be battered too often with not enough done to curtail closed fist tackles.  Reactions from the victims were plentiful.
Youís soft townies up there! ;)

Yeah to be honest the standard of refereeing in Armagh is very poor.

StephenC

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 25, 2022, 10:55:50 PM »

D Championship semifinal ... about 5 minutes in, the ref loudly shouts ... "as lads it's only U15's, it doesn't really matter"  ;D ;D.
Talk about a red rag to a bull.