Franko

Quote from: laoislad on November 15, 2022, 10:58:48 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 15, 2022, 10:32:17 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2022, 10:30:56 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 15, 2022, 10:06:30 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 14, 2022, 11:00:18 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 14, 2022, 05:15:20 PM
Quote from: full moon on November 14, 2022, 03:44:01 PM
I don't know why LOI fans consistently attack GAA when they have their own much worse violence issues.

Plus lots of people support LOI and GAA.

Is it worse though?

Without a doubt.

By your own admission, Gardai made a mistake in asking two groups of opposing fans to walk past each other  ;D - because of the risk of violence.

When said violence duly occurred - you all but blamed the Guards - making yourself exactly the person who (a few posts ago) you said didn't exist in soccer  ::)

Much as you'd love to will it into existence, the GAA simply doesn't have this kind of issue

I never said 'it' doesn't exist in soccer. I said violence in that sport also exists but manifests itself differently. The GAA has a different kind of issue.

Read what I said again

Read what I said. Soccer has a problem, same nonsense in the same spot last year. But that doesn't mean the GAA doesn't have a problem. In fact, why are we even talking about soccer?
Because fellas on here who bury their heads in the sand and turn a blind eye when it comes to GAA violence like to get all smug about it when it happens in Soccer.
The oh look what the soccer crowd are at again brigade.

BB2 was totally happy to make the comparisons when the GAA had a violent incident

Only when the discussions took a turn and we began talking about the groundball 'supporters' being unable to walk past each other without a riot - THEN the discussion became off limits

You're fooling nobody lads

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2022, 01:09:20 PM
I don't know why LOI fans consistently attack GAA when they have their own much worse violence issues.

Is it worse though?

Without a doubt.

By your own admission, Gardai made a mistake in asking two groups of opposing fans to walk past each other  ;D - because of the risk of violence.

When said violence duly occurred - you all but blamed the Guards - making yourself exactly the person who (a few posts ago) you said didn't exist in soccer  ::)

Much as you'd love to will it into existence, the GAA simply doesn't have this kind of issue

I never said 'it' doesn't exist in soccer. I said violence in that sport also exists but manifests itself differently. The GAA has a different kind of issue.

Read what I said again

Read what I said. Soccer has a problem, same nonsense in the same spot last year. But that doesn't mean the GAA doesn't have a problem. In fact, why are we even talking about soccer?
Because fellas on here who bury their heads in the sand and turn a blind eye when it comes to GAA violence like to get all smug about it when it happens in Soccer.

BB2 was totally happy to make the comparisons when the GAA had a violent incident

Only when the discussions took a turn and we began talking about the groundball 'supporters' being unable to walk past each other without a riot - THEN the discussion became off limits

I didn't make any comparisons untill after the FAI cup final. Others brought that up.

Any objection to my actual point? Both sports have a problem. Soccer deals with it more robustly than we do.

Franko

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 15, 2022, 04:16:53 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2022, 01:09:20 PM

Is it worse though?

Without a doubt.

Read what I said again

I didn't make any comparisons untill after the FAI cup final. Others brought that up.

Any objection to my actual point? Both sports have a problem. Soccer deals with it more robustly than we do.

Aye... so that's just a lie.

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 13, 2022, 01:29:30 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on November 13, 2022, 09:26:38 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 13, 2022, 09:21:04 AM
And it continues....

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41005442.html

From that the on field looked to be more handbags than anything (hard to tell from the terrible camera) the supporter stuff bang out of order, but can't really hold the clubs responsible. It's a big game and as in all sports big games attract idiots. It's a neutral venue so can't really see either club being taken to task for it.

People need to grow up, I can't imagine getting that wound up at a game as a spectator that I'd scale a load a rows of seats to throw digs. Morons

Soccer clubs are held to account for their fans behaviour at neutral venues

On your substantive point - yes, of course there's an issue in the GAA.  Hence there's a load of GAA people discussing it on a dedicated thread on a GAA discussion board.

I kinda thought that was a given

But for somebody to say that the issue is worse than in a sport where fans are segregated, heavily policed, banned from drinking and actually can't be trusted to walk past each other (with a heavy police presence) without starting a riot

That's more bullshit than I'm prepared to swallow

Blowitupref

Is it worse though?
I believe so.

For all the rivalry in club and county GAA one can still sit or stand beside a rival supporter at matches share a few drinks after the match and enjoy a bit of banter.

A lot of the rivalry in association football is pure hate, supporters have to kept separated
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2022, 04:09:20 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41013977.html
Be interesting to see what bans actually stick. Also how spectator bans could possibly ever be enforced.

Wildweasel74

Both teams should got banned

Rudi

U21 club game abandoned after 59mins. Big bust up involving most players. One player lost consciousness due to choking, Huge inquiry now, would expect this to make national news.

Edit to remove an ambiguous statement.  Poster advised and may re-edit as poster sees fit.

Mod5

quit yo jibbajabba

Rudi

quit yo jibbajabba

Cavan19

Quote from: Rudi on November 24, 2022, 08:17:50 PM
U21 club game abandoned after 59mins. Big bust up involving most players. One player lost consciousness due to choking, Huge inquiry now, would expect this to make national news.

Edit to remove an ambiguous statement.  Poster advised and may re-edit as poster sees fit.

Mod5

How is the huge inquiry going?

Armagh18

Typical Donegal, both should be thrown out and banned for life. Only 5 points scored in 59 minutes? Disgraceful.

On a serious note, hope the lad is ok. U21's can be a funny age. Melees would have been the standard for 90% of games I ever watched or played in at that age level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 25, 2022, 09:27:04 AM
Typical Donegal, both should be thrown out and banned for life. Only 5 points scored in 59 minutes? Disgraceful.

On a serious note, hope the lad is ok. U21's can be a funny age. Melees would have been the standard for 90% of games I ever watched or played in at that age level.

So in 10 games you've watched or played in at that level there was 9 melee's? Christ that's wild, there's the odd dust up here and there but if they are anything like what was reported above at that ratio then there's is something wrong in Armagh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea