GaaGo

Started by gortnaleck, February 26, 2022, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gortnaleck

Was it just me or was the App acting up today during the Down/Rossies game.It just stopped a couple of times and went to Ads,as well as stalling a few times

Wildweasel74

Same issue during the down game.

Gmac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 26, 2022, 08:19:52 PM
Same issue during the down game.
working perfect in the USA 👌

Jell 0 Biafra

Crashed completely (Ireland and US) at the start of the Dub/Tipp hurling match.  Came back after a few minutes and was fine thereafter, but it's a very poor service overall.  No alternative unfortunately.

Soju

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 26, 2022, 11:20:45 PM
Crashed completely (Ireland and US) at the start of the Dub/Tipp hurling match.  Came back after a few minutes and was fine thereafter, but it's a very poor service overall.  No alternative unfortunately.
Yes and they cant even get play back right. Tried to watch back the Down v Ros game on catch up and  it is missing parts at the start of the game. So went to bbc i player using vpn and playback was perfect. Shows just how shit it is when they cant even get playback right. It really is such a poor service and but no alternative >:(.
If only a vpn worked for rte player

Main Street

Quote from: Soju on February 27, 2022, 08:53:57 AM
Yes and they cant even get play back right. Tried to watch back the Down v Ros game on catch up and  it is missing parts at the start of the game. So went to bbc i player using vpn and playback was perfect. Shows just how shit it is when they cant even get playback right. It really is such a poor service and but no alternative >:(.
I use a free version of Hola to watch RTE player. I only see Donegal v Tyrone on the menu, no sign of Down v Ros.

Agreed on GAAGo, it's truly pathetic.

An Astrail

Down v Ros worked fine in Australia. Couldn't get past 5 mins into the catch up on Tipp v Dublin before it froze.

Every catch up starts with 20-30 minutes of dead time - is no one capable of cutting that out?

Jell 0 Biafra

If you watch on your laptop you can click on the blue progress line and drag it manually as far into it as you want to start watching.

Though for $130 annually, or whatever it is exactly now, you shouldn't have to.

An Astrail

I cast it off the phone to the TV and can skip it via the Chromecast remote - it's just having to do it and find the point where the game actually starts.

Seems like there's a lot of creaming off the subscription fees and not much reinvestment into the app.

Soju

Quote from: Soju on February 27, 2022, 08:53:57 AM

This was their response when I complained about above issue.
It took them a second e-mail to come up with this.

"To elaborate on what I meant by, "As the issue occurred live it would also be on our on-demand upload," the RTÉ studios encountered a connection issue which caused a freeze across the board on all of our streams going out at that time, including the Down V Roscommon game. This effected our coverage of the game, not BBC's, their coverage was going through their system. You will note our coverage of the game has our branding on it and BBC's has theirs. The issue did not occur on site (where the game was being recorded) but at our studios in Donnybrook, where we were pushing the streams out from.  As such, BBC's on-demand version does not include the freeze frame that features on ours as they did not encounter the issue. I do apologise for the loss of coverage we experienced at the start of that stream, missing any coverage is unacceptable. I assure you our engineers have investigated into the issue, we have identified what caused the problem and put measures in place to ensure it does not happen again."

It still doesnt make any sense to me that the on demand video has the missing parts. And were they not using the bbc video in the first place as the bbc iplayer version is the exact same as the gaago video.

I also got on to them about having to move the scroll bar to get to start of game and this is what they responded with

"To reiterate, in regards to your question about scrubbing through advertisements on on-demand uploads, there are two versions of the on-demand upload of our game. One that goes up immediately after the live broadcast has ended which includes advertisements and an edited version (no ads to scrub through) that goes up within 12 hours of the live broadcast ending. If you are watching the unedited version, simply scroll right back to the start of the scrub bar to watch the stream from the start, Live coverage begins 15 minutes into the stream (there are 15 mins of ads pre-game). "

As I said it took me giving out alot to get these responses
Any time I have contacted them about issues they send on spoof usually off the point. No wonder the service hasnt improved in years.

Main Street

Going by anecdotal accounts, the broadcast standard of the LOI TV games is much superior, including the play back technology.

Gmac

Watching a game live is a hard 70 minutes these days much better watch on catch up later, was watching a game a few weeks ago that was level going into extra time and the team in possession of the ball wouldn't shoot at the goals and they had the ball for 5 minutes maybe the ref finally just blew the whistle and put everyone out of their misery , brutal stuff

Never beat the deeler

Gaago is one of the most frustrating services I have ever paid for.
From the issues listed here - hours of dead time (not even ads, just the Gaago screensaver), impossible to scrub through on phone, Monday night League Sunday wouldnt come up on my app - spent an age refreshing, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I eventually had to sign in on the web browser on my phone and cast that to the tv.
By far the most frustrating is the customer service. Every time you contact them, they try and buy time asking what version of web browser, app, chromecast etc even when it's not related to the question. It's like they are hoping you will give up.
If there was any other viable option I would be all over it
Hasta la victoria siempre

armaghniac

Perhaps there needs to be GAA fans association to represent people on such things as streaming, season tickets etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gmac

Customers need to get out of the auto rebuy, then maybe they would improve things