Club Betting

Started by theticklemister, September 16, 2018, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Any Kildare people out there tell me why johnstownbridge are only 1/6 against Round Towers? looking at league and Championship placings and it doesnt add up

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: theticklemister on September 16, 2018, 09:04:18 AM
Any Kildare people out there tell me why johnstownbridge are only 1/6 against Round Towers? looking at league and Championship placings and it doesnt add up

JTB had loads of county players missing for the league, Towers aren't great.

theticklemister

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on September 16, 2018, 09:06:56 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 16, 2018, 09:04:18 AM

JTB had loads of county players missing for the league, Towers aren't great.

ta, likely same throughout the country

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

theticklemister

Good man. All well odds on shots I see cams in today

pbat

Lads, advice please.  Done 3 teams to win three county championships as a treble before a ball was kicked in any of the championships. All three teams won, but I didnt put the initial odds on the docket. Went today for a payout and the bookie is only giving me the odds the teams were before they played there county finals? Surely id be entitled to the odds before the championship started?

charlieTully

Quote from: pbat on November 12, 2022, 01:01:43 PM
Lads, advice please.  Done 3 teams to win three county championships as a treble before a ball was kicked in any of the championships. All three teams won, but I didnt put the initial odds on the docket. Went today for a payout and the bookie is only giving me the odds the teams were before they played there county finals? Surely id be entitled to the odds before the championship started?

He's ripping you off. Should be paid as the SP before it started. Sure he has a digital record of it. Hood

pbat

It was only a young lad in the shop earlier so I didn't take the payout and took my docket back. Want to see a manager on Monday but just wanted to see have I a leg to stand on.

ardtole

Definitely ripped off. Who was the bookie, name and shame.

ardtole

Maybe leave it until Monday. I'd be suprised if the manager doesn't  rectify the error.

thewobbler

The bookie is wrong.

But at the same time... I'm not sure how you and he/she will agree on a final price. They might possibly  keep a record of every price change in every event, and be able to trace it back to the point in time you placed the bet....but I really wouldn't think so.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardtole on November 12, 2022, 01:22:11 PM
Maybe leave it until Monday. I'd be suprised if the manager doesn't  rectify the error.

The same manager will have tracked that bet, they are chancers and will always try and rip you off.

My young brother a while back had a bet paying over a grand, but I noticed on the bet he had spelt one of the horses wrong, I checked the papers that day and there was a similar named horse, but not spelt anything near what was on the docket.

They tried first to not pay out and then say that horse was void, I went with him, took docent back off him and went to the manager and got into a 'debate' about it..

He knew we where right but said they had to chance their arm.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: pbat on November 12, 2022, 01:01:43 PM

There should be a date stamped on it to show that it was done before the championship began. You're being fleeced.

pbat

Its date stamped, I rushed to the bookies on a Friday afternoon to get the bet placed cause the Armagh championship was started that evening. The odds the teams were on that Friday the payout is just over 2100, they were paying me 450 today.

Hound

Great win, but pretty stupid not to write down the price so as to give them the chance to fleece you. No excuse.

Head office will do their very best to rob you, so you'll be relying on the local manager to be decent.

Unless they're a tiny outfit, they will definitely have a record of the prices at the time the bets were placed, so they *should* pay the full amount, but bookies are bookies....

As an aside, down south if you win over EUR 2k, you need to provide photo ID and proof of address to get paid. Not sure what the UK rules are.