Author Topic: Club Betting  (Read 2282 times)

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
Club Betting
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
Any Kildare people out there tell me why johnstownbridge are only 1/6 against Round Towers? looking at league and Championship placings and it doesnt add up

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• View Profile
Re: Club Betting
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:06:56 AM »
Any Kildare people out there tell me why johnstownbridge are only 1/6 against Round Towers? looking at league and Championship placings and it doesnt add up

JTB had loads of county players missing for the league, Towers aren't great.

theticklemister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:10:28 AM »

JTB had loads of county players missing for the league, Towers aren't great.

ta, likely same throughout the country

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
They won by 7 in the end.

theticklemister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:13:43 PM »
Good man. All well odds on shots I see cams in today

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 01:01:43 PM »
Lads, advice please.  Done 3 teams to win three county championships as a treble before a ball was kicked in any of the championships. All three teams won, but I didnt put the initial odds on the docket. Went today for a payout and the bookie is only giving me the odds the teams were before they played there county finals? Surely id be entitled to the odds before the championship started?

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 01:17:44 PM »
Lads, advice please.  Done 3 teams to win three county championships as a treble before a ball was kicked in any of the championships. All three teams won, but I didnt put the initial odds on the docket. Went today for a payout and the bookie is only giving me the odds the teams were before they played there county finals? Surely id be entitled to the odds before the championship started?

He's ripping you off. Should be paid as the SP before it started. Sure he has a digital record of it. Hood

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 01:19:58 PM »
It was only a young lad in the shop earlier so I didn't take the payout and took my docket back. Want to see a manager on Monday but just wanted to see have I a leg to stand on.

ardtole

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 01:20:09 PM »
Definitely ripped off. Who was the bookie, name and shame.

ardtole

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 01:22:11 PM »
Maybe leave it until Monday. I'd be suprised if the manager doesn't  rectify the error.

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 01:28:04 PM »
The bookie is wrong.

But at the same time… I’m not sure how you and he/she will agree on a final price. They might possibly  keep a record of every price change in every event, and be able to trace it back to the point in time you placed the bet….but I really wouldn’t think so.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 01:31:29 PM »
Maybe leave it until Monday. I'd be suprised if the manager doesn't  rectify the error.

The same manager will have tracked that bet, they are chancers and will always try and rip you off.

My young brother a while back had a bet paying over a grand, but I noticed on the bet he had spelt one of the horses wrong, I checked the papers that day and there was a similar named horse, but not spelt anything near what was on the docket.

They tried first to not pay out and then say that horse was void, I went with him, took docent back off him and went to the manager and got into a ‘debate’ about it..

He knew we where right but said they had to chance their arm.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 01:32:28 PM »

There should be a date stamped on it to show that it was done before the championship began. You're being fleeced.

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2022, 01:34:42 PM »
Its date stamped, I rushed to the bookies on a Friday afternoon to get the bet placed cause the Armagh championship was started that evening. The odds the teams were on that Friday the payout is just over 2100, they were paying me 450 today.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 01:37:09 PM by pbat »

ClubScene13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2022, 01:38:38 PM »
I worked in a bookies for a few years. They will have a record of what price each side was to win the championship the day it was placed. When you search for a selection on a PC you will have the entire price history. So if they search for Kilmacud it should come up as a winner but you should be able to see each time the price changed and what date/time it changed.

However not writing a price on a docket has always been funny with them. Have you written the word outright anywhere on the docket?

If it's just "Crossmaglen, Kilcoo, Glen" with no price and no mention of outright they'll always argue that they didn't know what you were looking to do. It's wrong but thats the type of them. Crooked as anything I actually don't think you'll get what your after here.

Don't take the payout without speaking to head office and fighting your case.