NFL Div 1 - Cavan v Dublin, breffni park, Feb 5th

Started by Itchy, January 27, 2017, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

New manager but no new forwards. Could be a trashing for Cavan if we go toe to toe with the dubs as our new manager has suggested. No Givney, Gearoid mckiernan or Keating in the panel this year. Word is Mackey is back in the last 2 weeks

What sort of team will the dubs field and does it even matter!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Undercooked 1st team from Dublin with the possibility of Scully and McHugh to come in from their successful 3rd team. Best chance anyone has of beating Dublin's 1st team all year though.
You'd imagine Cavan would be primed to be fit for the early stages of the league if staying in Division 1 is a priority.

Itchy

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 27, 2017, 08:19:23 PM
Undercooked 1st team from Dublin with the possibility of Scully and McHugh to come in from their successful 3rd team. Best chance anyone has of beating Dublin's 1st team all year though.
You'd imagine Cavan would be primed to be fit for the early stages of the league if staying in Division 1 is a priority.

Maybe if Cavan had their full team from last year they could give it a rattle but they have some important players not committing this year and also a really long injury list. I cant see anything but an easy Dublin win and to be honest I cannot see where we will get the scores we need to stay in Div 1. Hope I am wrong.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on January 27, 2017, 08:05:27 PM
New manager but no new forwards. Could be a trashing for Cavan if we go toe to toe with the dubs as our new manager has suggested. No Givney, Gearoid mckiernan or Keating in the panel this year. Word is Mackey is back in the last 2 weeks

Why did Cavan bother getting promoted?

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

So they could fight with Monaghan

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on January 28, 2017, 04:21:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

So they could fight with Monaghan
Fair enough

BallyhaiseMan

I see the Dubs third string sauntered to the O Byrne Cup today.
Question for the Dubs posters,Any of those lads likely to see action against Cavan or in  the rest of the National league???

Buttofthehill

Reddin probably. Comerford too as Cluxton might be rested and Savage is with Vincents. Finding a partner for Fenton is the most pressing concern I'd say.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 29, 2017, 04:00:56 PM
Question for the Dubs posters,Any of those lads likely to see action against Cavan or in  the rest of the National league???

I'd say that some of the following are likely to get a run out in the league: Colm Basquel, Paul Hudson, Conor McHugh, CiarĂ¡n Reddin, Emmett O'Conghaile, Jason Whelan and Niall Scully
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Main Street

They're nobodies unless they have a shining new blue hatchback parked outside.

Itchy

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on January 29, 2017, 10:13:32 PM
Cavan 11-4, Dublin 4-11. That's about right.

Jaysus you're expecting a high scoring game.

Itchy

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 28, 2017, 03:57:46 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 27, 2017, 08:19:23 PM

Maybe if Cavan had their full team from last year they could give it a rattle but they have some important players not committing this year and also a really long injury list. I cant see anything but an easy Dublin win and to be honest I cannot see where we will get the scores we need to stay in Div 1. Hope I am wrong.

Is McKiernan out for the full year?

Hound

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 29, 2017, 04:00:56 PM
The third string are getting a tad more hype than they probably deserve. Louth dominated the first half, but their shooting was ridiculously bad. We did play well the 2nd half, so have to hand them that.

Not clear what way Gavin will go now. Any of the first teamers will clearly be undercooked as mentioned above. So I'd guess there'll be a good sprinkling of the OBCuppers starting.