GAA statistics Apps & Software

Started by Itchy, December 21, 2015, 11:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Anyone got any feedback on stats software & apps available for tablets. A friend of mine looking to do some solid stats at club level. Interested in subscription pay or free ones. Any help appreciated

In hiding

Solid affordable quality software is provided by Profoma Sports from Armagh. Perfect for what most clubs need. Google them

Eamonnca1

Quote from: In hiding on December 22, 2015, 03:09:56 AM
Solid affordable quality software is provided by Profoma Sports from Armagh. Perfect for what most clubs need. Google them

I second that. The fella started it as a project at university and now he's running it as a startup. Did it for GAA first but he also worked into other sports too. He came out to San Francisco a while back and gave a demo of it, and I was blown away. I always thought you'd need a whole team of statisticians to record that kind of analytics from a game, but his interface lets one man do the job. You can integrate with video from a game too, so you can see the stats piling up as the video progresses.

Itchy

Cheers lads. I assume these must be used on a tablet? Do they have an android version?

In hiding

Quote from: Itchy on December 23, 2015, 11:10:07 AM
Cheers lads. I assume these must be used on a tablet? Do they have an android version?
No, Ipad only

Itchy

Shame. My mate only has the Android, he may not be willing to fork out for an Ipad and also a monthly subscription. Anyone know of a good android alternative?

manfromdelmonte

A simple excel sheet and tot things up as you go along can be just as good. The person doing it is as important as the software.

What do a team need?
Wides by zone, turnovers in zones, blocks, kickouts won/lost, breaking ball

Eamonnca1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 24, 2015, 12:47:11 PM
A simple excel sheet and tot things up as you go along can be just as good. The person doing it is as important as the software.

What do a team need?

The app's a bit more sophisticated than that. Say you're watching the match. Your player 7 passes the ball to your player 9.

List of actions appears, you click Pass
List of outcomes appears, you click Success
List of players appears, you click 7

Player 9 takes a shot and scores

Click "shoots"
Click "scores"
Click 9

This builds up a complete picture of everything each player has done and records when it happened.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 24, 2015, 07:50:24 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 24, 2015, 12:47:11 PM

What do a team need?

The app's a bit more sophisticated than that. Say you're watching the match. Your player 7 passes the ball to your player 9.

List of actions appears, you click Pass
List of outcomes appears, you click Success
List of players appears, you click 7

Player 9 takes a shot and scores

Click "shoots"
Click "scores"
Click 9

This builds up a complete picture of everything each player has done and records when it happened.

Make it voice controlled and you have a real winner.