GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: J70 on December 16, 2022, 12:45:23 PM
FFS.

I thought we'd left hooking the computer up to the tv behind 10 years ago.

I get that Roku etc is becoming obsolete, but are GAA Go not going to create an app we can download directly on to the tv itself like every other app is doing?

I don't think Rokus are obsolete, the majority of TVs in the US are sold with either Roku or FireTV installed, not sure what it is like in Ireland/UK.

In the US https://thedesk.net/2022/10/roku-amazon-market-share-domestic-q3-2022-parks-associates/
"Roku and Amazon are tied for first place among the four biggest streaming hardware platforms, with each commanding a 40 percent share of the space as of the third quarter of 2022"

J70

Quote from: dec on December 16, 2022, 02:25:53 PM
FFS.

I get that Roku etc is becoming obsolete, but are GAA Go not going to create an app we can download directly on to the tv itself like every other app is doing?

I don't think Rokus are obsolete, the majority of TVs in the US are sold with either Roku or FireTV installed, not sure what it is like in Ireland/UK.

In the US https://thedesk.net/2022/10/roku-amazon-market-share-domestic-q3-2022-parks-associates/
"Roku and Amazon are tied for first place among the four biggest streaming hardware platforms, with each commanding a 40 percent share of the space as of the third quarter of 2022"

Most tvs are now coming with the standard apps pre installed.

May need a Roku or Firestick for certain things, but they'll become unnecessary for most people as tvs are replaced.

imtommygunn

Quote from: dec on December 15, 2022, 02:20:35 PM
I got this email from GAAGO a few weeks ago (I use the GAAGO app on a Roku stick).
--------
Dear Customer,

We are contacting you today to inform you that the GAAGO Roku app has been discontinued. However, there are a number of ways for you to continue watching GAAGO content:

Directly on our website https://www.gaago.ie. Simply go to our website. Click 'LOGIN' in the top right-hand corn. Enter the email address and password associated with your GAAGO account in the provided fields. Click on the box beside the text 'I am not a robot' and complete any verification steps required. Wait a few seconds for the spinning loading wheel to become a tick symbol the proceed to click the 'LOGIN' button positioned below. Once logged in, click the 'MATCHES' tab along the navigation bar at the top of the screen to generate a dropdown menu. If you wish to purchase or watch an upcoming or live game, click on 'LIVE & UPCOMING,' and click on the BUY/WATCH button displayed below the game listing image. If you wish to watch on-demand content, select 'CATCH UP' from the MATCHES tab dropdown and access in the same way as above

In the coming weeks, the GAAGO apps for iOS and Android will also be relaunched. The apps have been totally rebuilt to ensure an improved user experience. You can sign in with your existing account and access content bought via the gaago.ie website, or the Roku app, directly on your mobile or tablet. The apps will also allow casting to your TV via Chromecast or Apple Airplay - see our FAQs post launch for full details.

You can also watch on your TV via a wired connection, by connecting your laptop to your TV. Simply connect one end of a HDMI cable (can be purchased in any electrical store and most supermarkets will stock them) into your laptop and the other end into a HDMI port at the back of your TV and whatever is on your device screen will display on your TV screen. Typically, this comes in on your TV on a separate source to your cable, ordinarily called HDMI 1, 2, 3 and so on. This will depend on your TV so please see your TV manual for further information on this. You will need to select the source the HDMI connection footage is coming in on your TV in order to view it on your TV; it will not automatically appear on screen once you hook it up.

Please keep an eye on our email newsletter, social channels and the gaago.ie website for further updates about how to access GAAGO. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch on support@gaago.ie and a member of our Support Team will get back to you as soon as they possibly can.

Kind Regards,
GAAGO Team
------

FFS.

This is a major flaw. I have no issue with the app myself but I have elderly family who don't even have broadband and this GAA go is a pain in the ass tbh  :(

If you get them broadband then what do you do? Spend ages f**king round with stuff. Not feasible for them.

Blowitupref

Using a screen mirror is handier that using cables.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tubberman

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 16, 2022, 04:01:23 PM
Quote from: dec on December 15, 2022, 02:20:35 PM
I got this email from GAAGO a few weeks ago (I use the GAAGO app on a Roku stick).
--------
Dear Customer,

We are contacting you today to inform you that the GAAGO Roku app has been discontinued. However, there are a number of ways for you to continue watching GAAGO content:

Directly on our website https://www.gaago.ie. Simply go to our website. Click 'LOGIN' in the top right-hand corn. Enter the email address and password associated with your GAAGO account in the provided fields. Click on the box beside the text 'I am not a robot' and complete any verification steps required. Wait a few seconds for the spinning loading wheel to become a tick symbol the proceed to click the 'LOGIN' button positioned below. Once logged in, click the 'MATCHES' tab along the navigation bar at the top of the screen to generate a dropdown menu. If you wish to purchase or watch an upcoming or live game, click on 'LIVE & UPCOMING,' and click on the BUY/WATCH button displayed below the game listing image. If you wish to watch on-demand content, select 'CATCH UP' from the MATCHES tab dropdown and access in the same way as above

In the coming weeks, the GAAGO apps for iOS and Android will also be relaunched. The apps have been totally rebuilt to ensure an improved user experience. You can sign in with your existing account and access content bought via the gaago.ie website, or the Roku app, directly on your mobile or tablet. The apps will also allow casting to your TV via Chromecast or Apple Airplay - see our FAQs post launch for full details.

You can also watch on your TV via a wired connection, by connecting your laptop to your TV. Simply connect one end of a HDMI cable (can be purchased in any electrical store and most supermarkets will stock them) into your laptop and the other end into a HDMI port at the back of your TV and whatever is on your device screen will display on your TV screen. Typically, this comes in on your TV on a separate source to your cable, ordinarily called HDMI 1, 2, 3 and so on. This will depend on your TV so please see your TV manual for further information on this. You will need to select the source the HDMI connection footage is coming in on your TV in order to view it on your TV; it will not automatically appear on screen once you hook it up.

Please keep an eye on our email newsletter, social channels and the gaago.ie website for further updates about how to access GAAGO. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch on support@gaago.ie and a member of our Support Team will get back to you as soon as they possibly can.

Kind Regards,
GAAGO Team
------

FFS.

This is a major flaw. I have no issue with the app myself but I have elderly family who don't even have broadband and this GAA go is a pain in the ass tbh  :(

If you get them broadband then what do you do? Spend ages f**king round with stuff. Not feasible for them.

Chromecast off the phone
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."