GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on October 29, 2022, 09:06:34 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 26, 2022, 11:22:53 PM
Has the increased exposure of GAA led to a greater uptake in people playing the games?
Apparently not. A sizeable number of people left the Tyrone panel despite an uptick in GAAGO revenues, per the ESRI.
The correlation is low.
A bit of a non sequitur.
I don't think they stopped playing football.

Armagh18

Quote from: LeoMc on October 29, 2022, 10:07:26 AM
Has the increased exposure of GAA led to a greater uptake in people playing the games?
Apparently not. A sizeable number of people left the Tyrone panel despite an uptick in GAAGO revenues, per the ESRI.
The correlation is low.
A bit of a non sequitur.
You can't call what them Tyrone ones do on a pitch football ;)

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 29, 2022, 10:12:44 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 29, 2022, 10:07:26 AM
The correlation is low.
A bit of a non sequitur.
You can't call what them Tyrone ones do on a pitch football ;)

I agree. It is "poetry in motion."

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 29, 2022, 11:10:00 AM
I agree. It is "poetry in motion."

It does remind you of motions, to be sure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteGAAGO HAS UNVEILED its exclusive 2023 GAA Championship broadcast schedule, presentation team and pricing.

After eight years of serving the GAA's international fan base, next year's entry into the domestic Irish market represents a huge growth step for the online streaming platform.

Fans will access 38 live or on-demand matches in HD quality for a launch price of €59 up until 31 December before it moves to €79.

Individual pay-per-game matches will be available for €12, a '3-for-2' bundle deal will cost €24 and GAA members will receive 10% off any full price (€79) subscription. GAA clubs will be able to avail of a group pass for €150.

The subscription service will provide live action from every Provincial Championship and the football All-Ireland series to viewers in Ireland and around the world for 18 match days across 11 weekends.

Within the 38-game schedule twenty-two Sam Maguire cup, nine Liam MacCarthy cup and seven Tailteann Cup matches will be streamed.

Some weekends will see matches shown on both Saturday and Sunday with simultaneous live feeds occurring on certain dates.

So - pay per view then

Saffrongael

It was a cert, wonder what the anti Sky brigade reckon now
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

dec

I got this email from GAAGO a few weeks ago (I use the GAAGO app on a Roku stick).
--------
Dear Customer,

We are contacting you today to inform you that the GAAGO Roku app has been discontinued. However, there are a number of ways for you to continue watching GAAGO content:

Directly on our website https://www.gaago.ie. Simply go to our website. Click 'LOGIN' in the top right-hand corn. Enter the email address and password associated with your GAAGO account in the provided fields. Click on the box beside the text 'I am not a robot' and complete any verification steps required. Wait a few seconds for the spinning loading wheel to become a tick symbol the proceed to click the 'LOGIN' button positioned below. Once logged in, click the 'MATCHES' tab along the navigation bar at the top of the screen to generate a dropdown menu. If you wish to purchase or watch an upcoming or live game, click on 'LIVE & UPCOMING,' and click on the BUY/WATCH button displayed below the game listing image. If you wish to watch on-demand content, select 'CATCH UP' from the MATCHES tab dropdown and access in the same way as above

In the coming weeks, the GAAGO apps for iOS and Android will also be relaunched. The apps have been totally rebuilt to ensure an improved user experience. You can sign in with your existing account and access content bought via the gaago.ie website, or the Roku app, directly on your mobile or tablet. The apps will also allow casting to your TV via Chromecast or Apple Airplay - see our FAQs post launch for full details.

You can also watch on your TV via a wired connection, by connecting your laptop to your TV. Simply connect one end of a HDMI cable (can be purchased in any electrical store and most supermarkets will stock them) into your laptop and the other end into a HDMI port at the back of your TV and whatever is on your device screen will display on your TV screen. Typically, this comes in on your TV on a separate source to your cable, ordinarily called HDMI 1, 2, 3 and so on. This will depend on your TV so please see your TV manual for further information on this. You will need to select the source the HDMI connection footage is coming in on your TV in order to view it on your TV; it will not automatically appear on screen once you hook it up. 

Please keep an eye on our email newsletter, social channels and the gaago.ie website for further updates about how to access GAAGO. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch on support@gaago.ie and a member of our Support Team will get back to you as soon as they possibly can.

Kind Regards,
GAAGO Team
------

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 15, 2022, 01:12:45 PM

What is the exact problem, you had to pay for Sky as well, although a day pass for Sky was better value at €10.
I presume that the usual programme of games will also be on RTÉ and BBC NI have all the Ulster stuff.
In the above it seems that you can pay €59 before the end of the year and get 38 matches.
I'd agree with this better if Gaago had some other content, magazine programmes, archives of old games etc then people could also get.

AustinPowers

Quote from: armaghniac on December 15, 2022, 03:26:49 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 15, 2022, 01:12:45 PM

What is the exact problem, you had to pay for Sky as well, although a day pass for Sky was better value at €10.
I presume that the usual programme of games will also be on RTÉ and BBC NI have all the Ulster stuff.
In the above it seems that you can pay €59 before the end of the year and get 38 matches.
I'd agree with this better if Gaago had some other content, magazine programmes, archives of old games etc then people could also get.

That's what I  was thinking

I don't know about others ,  but there's only so much football I can bear anyway (especially with the crab football we see nowadays). . Highlights on TSG is more than enough for me.

RedHand88

Sky looking like a bargain now!  ;D

Be careful what you wish for...

square_ball

38 matches for €59 isn't bad value in fairness if they are going to charge €12 for an individual match.

RedHand88

Quote from: square_ball on December 15, 2022, 04:19:50 PM
38 matches for €59 isn't bad value in fairness if they are going to charge €12 for an individual match.

How many of those is the average fan likely to be interested in and take time out to watch? Probably 10 or 15 at most? Bear in mind that includes both codes.

Blowitupref

Yes €1.55 per game is good value. Out of interest how long will games be left up to watch back on I'd wonder.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 15, 2022, 04:23:36 PM

How many of those is the average fan likely to be interested in and take time out to watch? Probably 10 or 15 at most? Bear in mind that includes both codes.

All we need is a few tightwads to share a login. You could have a Mayo, Tyrone and Meath person to watch the football and a Tipp, Wexford and Cork person to watch the hurling.

Mourne Red

I think it's more will the yappers be as quick to slander games going behind this paywall as they were Sky.. I.E all the old bollocks and Rte goons