NFL Division 1 2012

Started by Agent Orange, February 05, 2012, 04:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP

Quote from: borderfox on March 25, 2012, 05:50:14 PM
Beat Donegal and were safe. Easier said than done. If Mayo lose to Kerry and Dublin (quite possible), and Down beat Laois, Armagh are safe regardless.   

you have got to assume at least one of those results will go against us. Its going to be a real battle up in Donegal. To be honest I'm pleased just to be in with a chance of staying up at this stage, giving all the troubles Armagh encountered in this campaign.

mackers

If we win and Laois beat Down we could be in the semis.. :)
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: mackers on March 25, 2012, 07:15:15 PM

We would have to annihilate Donegal, as in score over 35+ points.

JP

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 25, 2012, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: mackers on March 25, 2012, 07:15:15 PM

We would have to annihilate Donegal, as in score over 35+ points.

Thats not right!! If Dublin or Kerry beat Mayo, we beat Donegal, and Laois beat Down. Would I not be right in saying that would leave us in 4th place?

Shortso79

if .... mayo lose remaining last two games v dublin and kerry

if      laois beat down

if      armagh beat donegal

Armagh     7 points
Laois         6 points
Down        6 points
Mayo         4 Points
Donegal    4 Points

Big If's

borderfox

Quote from: Shortso79 on March 25, 2012, 09:37:16 PM
if .... mayo lose remaining last two games v dublin and kerry

if      laois beat down

if      armagh beat donegal

Armagh     7 points
Laois         6 points
Down        6 points
Mayo         4 Points
Donegal    4 Points

Big If's

Ill take survival first ;D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

David McKeown

Is it not even more confusing in that if Mayo and Cork both beat Dublin, then a win over Donegal also puts Armagh in the semis.  Also if Armagh loose to Donegal they can still stay up if Mayo loose to Dublin and Kerry and Down beat Laois?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 25, 2012, 05:12:54 PM
Quote from: western exile on March 25, 2012, 04:39:48 PM
With one round left, the 'big three' have managed to get to the top 3 positions.

Technically Down are in 3rd sport as they beat Dublin.

Yes, technically Down are 3rd and Dublin are 4th at the moment, with Dublin having a game in hand. If Dublin draw or beat Mayo they will obviously move ahead of Down. But oddly enough, even if Dublin lose to Mayo, the Dubs will still move ahead of Down!

A Mayo win would see all 3 teams on 6 points, so points difference rather than head-to-head would be used, and thus Down would be down to 5th as they have the worst points difference.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on March 26, 2012, 09:19:42 AM
With one round left, the 'big three' have managed to get to the top 3 positions.

Yes, technically Down are 3rd and Dublin are 4th at the moment, with Dublin having a game in hand. If Dublin draw or beat Mayo they will obviously move ahead of Down. But oddly enough, even if Dublin lose to Mayo, the Dubs will still move ahead of Down!

A Mayo win would see all 3 teams on 6 points, so points difference rather than head-to-head would be used, and thus Down would be down to 5th as they have the worst points difference.

Mad!
#newbridgeornowhere

western exile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2012, 03:28:15 PM

Mad!
So no matter what the result is of the game in hand, Mayo v. Dublin, Dublin will still be in the 'top three' going into the last round

TacadoirArdMhacha

From Armagh's prespective, I think the situation now is that we lose, we're down, if we win, we stay up and would make the quarters if two of Down, Mayo and Dublin lost. If we draw we'll join a clatter of other teams on 6 points and I think our score difference would be enough to make us doomed.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

borderfox

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 31, 2012, 10:08:49 PM
From Armagh's prespective, I think the situation now is that we lose, we're down, if we win, we stay up and would make the quarters if two of Down, Mayo and Dublin lost. If we draw we'll join a clatter of other teams on 6 points and I think our score difference would be enough to make us doomed.

So many permutations. Ill be delighted with a win and survival 8)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

SHEEDY

because of the scoring differences i think its basically the winers of donegal v armagh and laois v down stay up. the losers go down. is that correct?
nil satis nisi optimum

AFS

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 01, 2012, 03:56:51 PM
because of the scoring differences i think its basically the winers of donegal v armagh and laois v down stay up. the losers go down. is that correct?

Yeah pretty much. Although, Laois need to beat Down by more than two points to overtake them on points difference.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: western exile on March 26, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2012, 03:28:15 PM

Mad!
So no matter what the result is of the game in hand, Mayo v. Dublin, Dublin will still be in the 'top three' going into the last round

Not if Mayo won by 12 points which is exactly what happened! :o ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.