Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on November 17, 2022, 09:37:38 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2022, 03:30:30 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 16, 2022, 03:29:29 PM
Casement better off not getting selected.

The GAWA would have the place wrecked not to mention the street battles before and after the game

Never any street battles when Cliftonville go to Linfield (lately)

The difference in volume of fans involved would be significantly different

Predicting something before it actually happens... I suppose the Ulster fans wreck the Aviva stadium too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2022, 09:52:51 AM

The GAWA would have the place wrecked not to mention the street battles before and after the game

Predicting something before it actually happens... I suppose the Ulster fans wreck the Aviva stadium too
Theres Norn Iron fans giving out on social media that they'll never go to a game again if the Euros is played in Casement instead of Windsor. Hilarious.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 17, 2022, 09:59:11 AM

Theres Norn Iron fans giving out on social media that they'll never go to a game again if the Euros is played in Casement instead of Windsor. Hilarious.

That's ok, so no issues with people 'wrecking' the place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2022, 10:01:57 AM

Would be strange to hear GSTK bellowing out from Casement, onto the Anderstown Road,  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on November 17, 2022, 10:13:39 AM

Would be strange to hear GSTK bellowing out from Casement, onto the Anderstown Road,  ;D

No more strange than coming out of Croke I'd imagine, which went off peacefully enough at the time

Armagh18

Who knows lol, can't imagine the billy boys behaving too well in a GAA ground and will be heavily policed. Would the North even get an automatic qualifying place? Surely UEFA wouldn't allow 5?

Anyway, we're talking hypothetically about a tournament that may not even happen here in a stadium that hasn't been built and lord knows when it will be.

armaghniac

5 automatic qualifying places might be a stretch for UEFA.
Deleting Casement from the plan would make it 4.
You could also delete Wales as they are providing only one stadium, but it is at least a substantial stadium and it is actually built.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

More chance of me playing for Norn Iron than there being a game in Casement park. In fact there is more chance of me playing than it being built at this stage with the incompetence of Ulster GAA and Stormont to the fore.

bannside

All very positive.....bring it on. I expect it will be available as well for Antrim County matches and club finals etc as was the norm at the old Casement.

Silver hill

you are 100% correct on this one Fear.  A bluffer of the highest order. Actually embarrassing now.

Wildweasel74

Money not there, all bodies running on emer budgets, I see urgent work at schools all been put on the bck burner as no money. As much as I like to see a stadium built, it should been at the maze 10+yrs ago. Cost of a stadium will have went up 30% from last Yr alone.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

The whole thing from start to finish has been as far away from GAA traditional values as anything I gave ever seen 

Silver hill

Yip, the arrogance from the start and the shoddy treatment of the residents set the tone and it was downhill from there.