Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 08, 2022, 01:53:10 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 08, 2022, 01:10:22 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 07, 2022, 11:32:48 PM
30yrs ago, 1992,(showing my age) I remember been at casement Park, Derry v Down semi, with 35k at it, was down right dangerous that day, never so glad to be over in the uncovered seated area.

Was on the grass bank behind the far goals away from the Andytown road that day and as you say was dangerous enough.

Luckily it was baking hot so the grass banks were dry and not ski slopes.

Hopefully Corrigan is dry on Saturday on the grass side  :-\

Is that the east or west 'terrace'?  :)

Rossfan

I suppose the 26 Cos taxpayers will have to pay to build Casement if this thing is successful ?
What upgrades will Croker need?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41006657.html
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on November 15, 2022, 11:07:58 AM
I suppose the 26 Cos taxpayers will have to pay to build Casement if this thing is successful ?

This must be the 37th tournament Ireland have tried to bid for or been involved in a joint bid. They got 1 if you count the Euro 2020 and then couldn't hold it. At this point you'd wonder if they have the brains to put a successful bid together.

johnnycool

WTF are you on about? Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Semple and the likes aren't even in consideration, let alone an unbuilt Casement which isn't even mentioned.

Rossfan

The "IFA" will have to have a Stadium in their territory so you can be sure there would be a big rush to build Casement and you can be sure we'd be expected to make a large contribution.....

Probably won't get it like 2008, Rugby "world" Cup etc.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on November 15, 2022, 12:54:52 PM
The "IFA" will have to have a Stadium in their territory so you can be sure there would be a big rush to build Casement and you can be sure we'd be expected to make a large contribution.....

Probably won't get it like 2008, Rugby "world" Cup etc.

If the IFA need a stadium then they're either going to go with Windsor with all it's limitations OR lobby the NI Assembly to make Casement available and if anything would strengthen the Ulster Councils hand in getting the NI Assembly to find the additional funds.
If you mean the GAA when you say "we" then what would be the issue there?

Not sure what that's got to do with the 26 counties tax payers even now.

Rossfan

Because we'll be told Stormont has no more money than was originally earmarked blah blah, tournament can't go ahead unless suitable stadium in 6 Cos, so 26 Co Taxpayers funding needed.

charlieTully

johnnycool

Quote from: charlieTully on November 15, 2022, 02:11:21 PM
Are we not a 32 county association?

In Rossies wee brain it seems he can't differentiate between the GAA based in Croke Park and the Irish Gov which also happens to be based in Dublin.

TBH I'd be looking the FAI and Horse Racing Ireland to be stumping up for Casement.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Rossfan on November 15, 2022, 02:08:49 PM
Because we'll be told Stormont has no more money than was originally earmarked blah blah, tournament can't go ahead unless suitable stadium in 6 Cos, so 26 Co Taxpayers funding needed.

Hopefully, if it sickens boys like you then hopefully

rosnarun

Quote from: ClubScene13 on November 15, 2022, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 15, 2022, 02:08:49 PM
32 county org but Stormount should foot the bill for a belfast stadium just as they did for soccer and Rugby .
even in the South the Government have written a blank cheque for Soccer and are building Grounds for LOI clubs with no input from FAI . eg. Shamrock rovers Shelbourne and Bohemian fc. Finn harp looking for one too for their 200 supporters.

Hopefully, if it sickens boys like you then hopefully
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Quote from: johnnycool on November 15, 2022, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 15, 2022, 02:11:21 PM
Are we not a 32 county association?

In Rossies wee brain it seems he can't differentiate between the GAA based in Croke Park and the Irish Gov which also happens to be based in Dublin.

TBH I'd be looking the FAI and Horse Racing Ireland to be stumping up for Casement.
You'll be left looking so!

Wildweasel74

No body learn from that stadium in Cork empty 90% of the time.

Baile Brigín 2

Permanent seating on tbe Hill and a fanzone area at the Cusack apparently