Top 50 goals on TG4 now

Started by Zulu, April 12, 2009, 05:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Two good uns to start and they're counting down to No. 1 for the next hour.......enjoy.

thejuice

good man, almost forgot about this. some great ones, some heart breakers too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gnevin

Some goal by McGee in Parnell Park today!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

INDIANA

will you go away juice what about the number one goal ;D. Thats the first time I've watched it since. I don't think I've ever been as depressed after a game.

downman

what goal was number 1? muggsy against dublin? didnt get to se the show..

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyronefan

mugsy no 5

kevin foley  meath v dublin 1991  no 1

FermPundit

Raymond Gallagher - Fermanagh v Cavan, Ulster Championship, 1997

It should have been No 1
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

Quote from: FermPundit on April 12, 2009, 07:34:16 PM
Raymond Gallagher - Fermanagh v Cavan, Ulster Championship, 1997

It should have been No 1

Did it feature at all?
Best goal I seen in flesh was probably Stevie O'Neill v Mayo in 2004, peach of an effort with the outside of the left to the far top corner. Took about 13 steps though. Armagh hit a few gems against Donegal in the Ulster final against Donegal that year too, McKeever and Oisin I think. Eoin Bradley's v Down in Newry a year or two ago also stands out. Maybe Donncha Walsh's against derry in the NFL final in Parnell last year too, awesome catch from Donaghy to make it.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owenmoresider

In fairness, no way could you consider Canavan's '05 AIF goal above those of Mulligan in that year, or the Meehan goal from 2000, Galway's build up and the finish for that one was something else. The top two were merited though, as much for their significance as the quality of the goal itself. And O'Hara got into the top ten, what memories of that day....

Schkite

Only seen patches of it, was Ray McCarron's goal against Cavan in 93 in there anywhere?

jodyb

Thought it wasn't that well put together. A lot of the goals were in there because of their significance rather than their individual class. A good few were very ordinary. With my Derry tinted specs, I couldn't believe that Skinner's 2005 peach against Down only merited 43rd or something like that. It was a flash of individual brilliance and if it had happened in croker rather than the marshes it would definitely been further up the rankings.
If significance was the criteria, then the Darby goal should have been number 1 rather than 2. No way you can compare a provincial game (even after a marathon of replays) to stopping Kerry's 5 in a row and winning the all-ireland in the same instant. Truly an iconic moment!

gerry

Quote from: Owenmoresider on April 12, 2009, 07:46:28 PM
In fairness, no way could you consider Canavan's '05 AIF goal above those of Mulligan in that year, or the Meehan goal from 2000, Galway's build up and the finish for that one was something else. The top two were merited though, as much for their significance as the quality of the goal itself. And O'Hara got into the top ten, what memories of that day....

Just seen the top 25 and have to agree a few goals here there because of their match importance and not the quality of goal. Though mugsy goal would have being higher than fifth but with two tyrone goals in the top five a good return.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Our Nail Loney

Shit, I missed this, will it be on the website??

Or maybe Irish Torrents??