season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Got the same.
Went to buy season tickets, filled in a load of stuff and got something like "we'll contact you"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Renewed mine, was straightforward enough.
But I already had an am.ticketmaster account, so maybe that's why it went through without a problem?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Sorted out..
Now for the road to Sam.....

Craigyhill Terror

Apparently the problem with trying to renew was that that option only works for the teams who sold out last year. Otherwise you just have to buy a new one

armaghniac

Just got an email offering Garth Brooks tickets at €81!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

Renewals back now. The season ticket is not much of a bargain and you still have to logon each week and get a ticket. However, it is less inconceivable that Armagh would reach the final than it has been for quite a while, so I may invest.

bennydorano

Bought the Armagh club season ticket for £80, with the County Finals this Sunday, I'd say I got £40 worth. Never again

Redhand Santa

The scheme has turned into a greedy joke. Instead of rewarding loyal fans and encouraging people to go to more games, they have decided to penalise those fans by charging them more than the man who attends the odd league game.

Back at the start from memory it was €75 (which to be fair was cheap) and this got you all of your county league games, the first round of the championship, the club finals, national league finals and you also had the option to attend any other national league game in the code (so for example a Tyrone supporter could go to watch Derry v Dublin if it wasn't clashing with a Tyrone game). You also got €5 euro of championship matches (except for finals). It was brilliant value and even if this was now say €120 would be great value and a reward for loyal fans who want to attend lots of games. And because the attendance was tracked it also encouraged people to go to more national league games than they might have.

Now the tracking has stopped and it's a pure money making racket (all about getting money in and not rewarding people who go to lots of games - you'll still get a ticket now for All Ireland final even if didn't attend a league game). The price has went to €150 (ticket prices have not doubled in the time). You can no longer attend other county league games (which for people bordering other counties was a great bonus and helped improve attendances). It doesn't mention national league finals this year so not sure if they're gone now too. The discount for championship matches also seems to have disappeared in recent years.

I've had one from the start of the scheme but won't be bothering any more.

Rossfan

Can't see myself buying this year either.
Only way you'd get any bit of value is if NFL games go to €20.
I suspect they want to reduce the numbers of season ticket holders.

clarshack

They were definitely great value back in the day but the season tickets just aren't worth it anymore.
They were useful for people who followed their county but weren't involved in a club as they were guaranteed an All-Ireland final ticket, but I think going forward anyone who really wants a final ticket will get one regardless if they are involved with a club or not.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: clarshack on October 19, 2022, 10:26:21 AM
The season tickets just aren't worth it anymore.
They were useful for people who followed their county but weren't involved in a club as they were guaranteed an All-Ireland final ticket, but I think going forward anyone who really wants a final ticket will get one regardless if they are involved with a club or not.

At the start I found them good value as well. The other big thing was you were guaranteed 4 seats together in a good location for the big games. Through the club although you were always going to get the ticket they maybe weren't distributed until a few days before the game and no guarantee of quality of the seats. But now there are good seats online for most games (obviously not All Ireland finals) and the value has gone out of the season ticket completely.

jmk

Are the tickets out for the Round matches?

Rois

Quote from: jmk on June 08, 2023, 12:39:51 PM
Yeah, got my email yesterday

armaghniac

Quote from: Rois on June 08, 2023, 02:17:38 PM
Quote from: jmk on June 08, 2023, 12:39:51 PM
Yeah, got my email yesterday

They are all out except the Armagh-Galway game. I imagine this reflects wrangling over the venue. Carrick-on-Shannon would probably hold the crowd, but there would not tickets on public sale given the number of season ticket holders and the county boards having to get some tickets for players etc. While season ticket holders can pass on one game, Galway season ticket holders would be wise to ensure that they qualify for the All Ireland tickets. I doubt if Armagh people will have this problem, but people might not want to take a chance.

Rossfan

No word this year!
I wonder have they been abolished?