Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Goals win games and in this case, championships, the first goal for me allowed Cushendall to win the match, well executed by a fabulous catch from Carson, good vision and great support play to finish it off..
Cushendall got their match ups right and as said here already, Loughgiel played a game that suited Cushendall, very little width from Loughgiel meant that Cushendall would come out with the ball during most of the tussles.
Loughgiel didn't come out at half time it seemed, for me the changes didn't have the effect they'd have hoped, another day a different result but there was an intent by the Dall not to lose this one and they held on handy enough to win it.
Neil was all over the pitch wining ball and making great clearances his couple of catches under the crossbar were great to see and MOTM for me.
As for the officiating of the match, there were no issues at all during the whole game, Skinny talks all  through the game and delivers the reasons to why the foul has been given and while players may not always agree there was no talk back and that was shown by the amount of time the ball was moved forward for dissent, which was none, think moved forward for hitting the ball away once..
Well done to Ballycastle on delivering again, they were right out on the roads allowing the cars to get away as quick as they can considering the amount of cars there.. also for the way they handled the match day.

So Ballycran cause an upset, can they cause another? I doubt it Cushendall are like a juggernaut at the minute, so hopefully another ulster title for the Antrim champs..

Oh and well done Dunloy, another double and 4 in a row at Minior healthy set up but as Cushendall proved today they have no plans to go away or step down..

Loughgiel will probably have a rethink, maybe some retirements there, a lot of miles on the clock and they have something that both Dunloy and Cushendall want, its up to them to step up and deliver!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Where will Ulster final be?

Walt Jabsco

Owenbeg but outside chance of Athletic Grounds

ardtole

Owenbeg would be a long trip for ballycran.

Sleeping giant

couldn't disagree with anything jesusjones said. wherever the post went it was spot on,  Cdall deservedly winners on the day.  got there match ups spot on. jesus but times flys in a county final ???
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

marty34

Quote from: ardtole on October 29, 2018, 11:46:24 AM

I think Ballygalget play S'neil there a couple of years ago.  But it was a semi-final? 

Maybe Armagh?

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on October 29, 2018, 12:06:36 PM
Quote from: ardtole on October 29, 2018, 11:46:24 AM

I think Ballygalget play S'neil there a couple of years ago.  But it was a semi-final? 

Maybe Armagh?

We played S'Neill in Armagh last year in the final, I think Armagh is a great stadium and the pitch was in pristine condition.
Owenbeg is a bit of a bog at this time of the year.

marty34

IOwenbeg was drained during the summer I think so that's not a problem now afaik.

Sweeper 123

Surely theyll play it at Corrigan

johnnycool

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on October 29, 2018, 04:16:39 PM
Surely theyll play it at Corrigan

I'd say Ballycran could play hardball on that one as its an Antrim venue if they so choose.

Maybe toss for it like back in the old days. It would be nice to have an Ulster Club championship game in the Ards.

ardtole

I'd guess ballycran would be happy enough to return to Corrigan park after beating slaughtneil there. Probably the most sensible venue.

Walt Jabsco

JC did Ballygalget not play SN or KL one year in Corrigan not sure if it was a final or semi? I mind seeing highlights of the game on BBC Newsline.

Credit is due to St John's for the arrangements for yesterdays games, I didn't see much wrong with anything and the weather played its part, on a poor wet day it may be different

TheGeneral

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2018, 09:12:56 AM
Goals win games and in this case, championships, the first goal for me allowed Cushendall to win the match, well executed by a fabulous catch from Carson, good vision and great support play to finish it off..
Cushendall got their match ups right and as said here already, Loughgiel played a game that suited Cushendall, very little width from Loughgiel meant that Cushendall would come out with the ball during most of the tussles.
Loughgiel didn't come out at half time it seemed, for me the changes didn't have the effect they'd have hoped, another day a different result but there was an intent by the Dall not to lose this one and they held on handy enough to win it.
Neil was all over the pitch wining ball and making great clearances his couple of catches under the crossbar were great to see and MOTM for me.
As for the officiating of the match, there were no issues at all during the whole game, Skinny talks all  through the game and delivers the reasons to why the foul has been given and while players may not always agree there was no talk back and that was shown by the amount of time the ball was moved forward for dissent, which was none, think moved forward for hitting the ball away once..
Well done to Ballycastle on delivering again, they were right out on the roads allowing the cars to get away as quick as they can considering the amount of cars there.. also for the way they handled the match day.

So Ballycran cause an upset, can they cause another? I doubt it Cushendall are like a juggernaut at the minute, so hopefully another ulster title for the Antrim champs..

Oh and well done Dunloy, another double and 4 in a row at Minior healthy set up but as Cushendall proved today they have no plans to go away or step down..

Loughgiel will probably have a rethink, maybe some retirements there, a lot of miles on the clock and they have something that both Dunloy and Cushendall want, its up to them to step up and deliver!

Must agree with Skinny being the best in the county atm, he refereed alot of our underage games. And one thing i was always very impressed with was his vocalisation of his calls. Even during play youd of got a comment - good tackle, play on etc not massive things but at underage i think it was a great thing.

Firm but fair.

Goals win championships

Jesusjones

I'd rather go to Armagh or Owenbeg. Corrigan is a disaster for watching the game. There'll be Ulster football on the same weekend. Surely the right call is to have Cushendun on before Cushendall???

ardtole

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 30, 2018, 06:50:07 AM
I'd rather go to Armagh or Owenbeg. Corrigan is a disaster for watching the game. There'll be Ulster football on the same weekend. Surely the right call is to have Cushendun on before Cushendall???
Football qfs are on this weekend then the semis in 2 weeks time, so the middle week should be free for the hurling bar there are replays.