Liatroim v An Dún

Started by Down Gael, April 04, 2008, 12:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Gael

Any word on a team for Sunday yet or will Ross wait until after Saturdays U21 final before naming his side?

western exile

Does anyone know if the An Riocht players are available?  Or are they still in Melbourne?

lfdown2

has/had alder not been dropped from the panel? if so could he be expected to tog out sunday, known that he is only there as mcveigh is in oz (if he is) and mcallister has u21 game?be very unfair on the lad if thats the case

of course there is a possibility im talkin through me hole and he was never dropped in the first place just though i had heard that!

Owenmoresider

Bit of a lopsided fixture, playing aginst one of your own clubs. ;)

western exile

;D ;D
Perhaps An Dún should drop Liam Doyle from CHB just in case he gets confused  8)

magpie seanie

Best of luck in the twilight zone to ye Down boys. Last thing we need is them picking up anything at this stage.

lfdown2

lobsided alright, down confined to another year in div3! ;D

Down Gael

Ross Carr has named a strong Down side for Sunday's NFL Division 3 encounter with Leitrim with captain Dan Gordon back at full forward.

Michael McAllister comes in to goal in place of Brendan McVeigh while Peter Turley srops to wing back in a straight switch with Declan Rooney who now partner Ambrose Rodgers in midfield.

In the full forward line Gordon returns with John Clarke losing out.

Down (NFL v Leitrim) - Micheal McAllister, Luke Howard, Gary McArdle, Martin Cole, Ronan Murtagh, Liam Doyle, Peter Turley, Ambrose Rodgers, Declan Rooney, John Fegan, Ronan Sexton, Danny Hughes, Paul McCumiskey, Dan Gordon, Brendan Coulter.

lfdown2

how close will this be til the team that lines out do ye's think?

Pangurban

Thats a frightening FF line, if they get any kind of decent supply

bridgegael

what time is throw in??  is it on five fm??  can't make the match due to the ACPRL. :(
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

magpie seanie

What the f**k were ye at? I know Sligonian insulted ye but theres no need losing to Leitrim to get us back.

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 06, 2008, 05:05:09 PM
What the f**k were ye at? I know Sligonian insulted ye but theres no need losing to Leitrim to get us back.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;)  :D

I've said it before on this board that Leitrim have not been shown any respect in this division - some are going to pay the price. As we head for the final round Leitrim's future in Div 3 is in Leitrims hands (even though we rue the loss against Fermanagh) - no other game has a bearing on our future.  Others with their trumped up egos are fuming at this stage but as I say no respect was shown.  To those other Div 3 posters on this site who claim to be able to analyse Leitrim from results and from their arm chairs - (according to one recent poster recently we don't seem to be able to analyse form ) we'll here's one for you - don't analyse a team solely from results they don't give the full picture.

The last round will tell its own tale for a lot of counties.  Here's to an interesting weekend.

Down Gael

Just home from a very very cold Carrick-on-Shannon. What a wasted journey. Down just didnt get going today and the fact that they only managed two scores against a strong breeze in the first half sums up their performance perfectly. Other than Benny Coulter and John Clarke, when he finally came on we had nothing to offer. The half forward line was non existent and our midfield was worse. Declan Rooneys only contribution to the game was to get sent off, obviously for an off the ball incident as he wasnt on the ball once during his time on the field. Yet again Ambrose managed to hide in midfield and he was even less obvious when switched to full forward for a time. Liam Doyle is NOT a centre half back, at best he is a centre forward and while we are on the subject of the No. 11 position, when is Ross ever going to learn that Ronan Sexton is too small to play in that position. It is perfectly clear why Packie Downey cannot get a place on the U21 team, if he isnt good enough for the U21s what the hell is he even doing on the senior team bus, is Ross telling us that the U21s are better than the senior panel???
Its hard to say much good about our defence on todays performance. McAllister was poor, Gary McArdle was worse, but the two corner backs were ok. Other than free kicks Liam Doyle didnt really contribute and both Murtagh and Turley were substituted. Of the subs that came on John Clarke and I cant believe I am going to say this Aidan Carr played pretty well, in fact Carr was the only playmaker we had.
Thanks to some very poor decision making we are destined to another year in Division 3. Mickey Harte can sleep well tonight, because on todays performance Tyrone have nothing to worry about come the Champioonship.

Pangurban

Well done Leitrim, fair dues to you. This was a severe reality check for Down team ,Management and supporters. Downgael above has accurately summarised the performance. At times we have flattered to deceive, but in reality at our best we are a Div 3 team and look likely to remain so barring a bit of luck.