?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2021, 09:21:08 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2021, 08:48:06 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2021, 08:44:40 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 21, 2021, 10:15:02 PM
Anyone get the WhatsApp saying Eddie Howe is going to be announced as manager next week. Finalising Lennon severance package at the minute. Not sure if he will be the right man or not. I'd rather someone higher profile and with European experience. But then again, who's going to want the job ffs.
Got one today, a letter from Lawwell saying Benitez's terms have been accepted (without mentioning what those terms are). I presume both are fake.

This one was addressed  to Jeremie Sutter as Rafa's agent and in relation to his client 'Rafael Benitez Maudes'. As a Liverpool fan, I'd never heard that final surname, though I suppose it wouldn't be hard to find

The phone number was wrong. Ended in 1872.....

Is that the tell-tale?

Phone number on the headed paper is (+44) 0141-556-1872

Well, what club was founded in 1872

ned

Quote from: Angelo on January 23, 2021, 09:02:50 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2021, 06:22:41 PM
Holy f**k. We now have some ejit using Hendry as a stick to beat Lennon with. Hendry. The same guy was made fun of by fans for being awful. The same hendry who it is widely agreed was nowhere near good enough for Celtic. There's enough to have a go at Lennon over without this ffs

Of course we can. Lennon froze him out. It took fans rioting to get Soro and Turnbull in the squad, he's persisted with Duffy all season.

Another lad who will defend Lennon on the indefensible. Hendry played his last game for Celtic in Rodger's last game. He never got a look in under Lennon. He's now thriving in the Belgian league while Celtic have been leaking goals like a sieve back home.

The fact that you don't think Lennon has serious questions to answer here says it all, some people will look for a reason to defend every crazy decision Lennon makes.

"Hendry was a Rodgers signing, got a good few chances under Rodgers but never really convinced"
Your words. Quite a leap from there to blaming Lennon for Hendry being shit. There are a thousand reasons to berate Lennon and his abilities but Hendry's inability of make it at Celtic is so far down the list as to be invalid.

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2021, 09:40:45 PM
Holy f**k. We now have some ejit using Hendry as a stick to beat Lennon with. Hendry. The same guy was made fun of by fans for being awful. The same hendry who it is widely agreed was nowhere near good enough for Celtic. There's enough to have a go at Lennon over without this ffs

Of course we can. Lennon froze him out. It took fans rioting to get Soro and Turnbull in the squad, he's persisted with Duffy all season.

Another lad who will defend Lennon on the indefensible. Hendry played his last game for Celtic in Rodger's last game. He never got a look in under Lennon. He's now thriving in the Belgian league while Celtic have been leaking goals like a sieve back home.

The fact that you don't think Lennon has serious questions to answer here says it all, some people will look for a reason to defend every crazy decision Lennon makes.

You're a madman. Completely and utterly lost it.

Angelo you're wrong on this one. The blame doesn't lie solely with Lennon on  this one.

sid waddell

Francis Lampard is now available.

If one man can bring the entertainment factor back to Celtic, it's Frank.

Plus his wife is Northern Irish, she can do the actual managing.

No point in Celtic staring Bleakley across town at their rivals' success, time to act.

Applesisapples

Quote from: sid waddell on January 25, 2021, 02:36:34 PM

No point in Celtic staring Bleakley across town at their rivals' success, time to act.
I think Lampard's recent record wasn't as bad as NL's.

Orior

Quote from: sid waddell on January 25, 2021, 02:36:34 PM

Get out, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Angelo

Quote from: ned on January 23, 2021, 10:50:35 PM

"Hendry was a Rodgers signing, got a good few chances under Rodgers but never really convinced"
Your words. Quite a leap from there to blaming Lennon for Hendry being shit. There are a thousand reasons to berate Lennon and his abilities but Hendry's inability of make it at Celtic is so far down the list as to be invalid.

Did I blame Lennon for Hendry being shit? No, I did not. Nowhere.

I did say Hendry was a fairly young lad who was rated Nd clearly had potential who Lennon didn't give a minute of action to.

Good managers work with and develop players. Lennon is to lazy to give players opportunities and develop them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Who was he rated by? Let's look at his stats. Season 17/18 he started 7 league games and made 4 sun appearances. Season 18/19 he started 3 league games and made 1 appearance. Doesnt really seem like BR rated him anyway

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 26, 2021, 11:20:02 AM
Who was he rated by? Let's look at his stats. Season 17/18 he started 7 league games and made 4 sun appearances. Season 18/19 he started 3 league games and made 1 appearance. Doesnt really seem like BR rated him anyway

He signed for Celtic in Jan 17 and played 11 league games what was probably 17 or 18 games. He then had 15 appearances under Rodgers the following season before Rodgers departed in February.

So in 13 months he played 26 games under Rodgers, he was a player Rodgers wanted and he praised him when he was a Dundee player.

He took part in Rodger's last game against Motherwell, he never got a minute's action under Lennon.

He's been playing really well with Oostende who want to make his move permanent for £1.75m and Villa and Werder Bremen are two clubs said to now be monitoring him. So tell me, when you look at our defensive woes this season and how well Hendry is doing in Belgium. Do you think perhaps he might have been worth giving a chance to, working with him on the training ground? I think so.

Lennon does not like putting the hours in on the training ground though, that is evident from what players who have played under him have said.

Angelo

Rodgers on Hendry.

"With Jack, in all fairness to him, I admire the fact that he never hides," said Rodgers.

"He has been thrown into his career here at Celtic a lot sooner than I would have wanted.

"When I brought him in, it was to develop him and progress him.

"I wanted him to come in, be a support centre-half and get a feel for a huge club like Celtic.

"I wanted to improve him in his training, and develop him along that route.

"Instead, he's had to come in and be thrown straight into it in a lot of big-pressure games.

"He trains every day. He is not one of those ones who's looking for a way out.

"Yes, he has made mistakes. But he is a very honest boy, and someone I'll always support to be the best he can be.

That's the difference between a good manager like Rodgers and an inept one like Lennon. Rodgers has a great work ethic and a passion in his job, Lennon dials it in.

Angelo

More from Rodgers on Hendry.

I think [Hendry's] potential is huge. That's what I said to the board when I first saw him play, 'this is a player I think can be a big player'. When you come to Celtic you have to deal with expectation and pressure. If he can deal with all those things then you've got a Scottish centre-half who has all the attributes of a top-class footballer.

tonto1888

Yet he only started 10 league games under BR

JimStynes

Imagine a manager publicly backing his player when really it's probably a tactic to boost confidence. He certainly didn't set the world alight when he joined and played under Rodgers. I'd criticise Lennon more for not getting rid of a few more of those dead wood type players. He's signing for Oostende, not Real Madrid.

general_lee

Looks like Frimpong is as good as away