?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Quote from: screenexile on January 21, 2021, 10:19:56 PM
I actually think Howe is exactly what Celtic need. He has a philosophy and style of play and his players work hard for him.

Gerrard isn't hanging about up there so Howe will have a chance at winning a good few titles on the trot. Howe should be more than capable of building a reasonable run out of the group stages of the Europa League which is about as much as Celtic can expect really.

I don't know. I'm just not excited by him being manager. I don't know an awful lot about him either as I've only seen him trying to keep Bournemouth up. It's very much an experiment type appointment. He hadn't proven himself at a big club who are expecting to win every single game and needing to play European football. Glasgow is a goldfish bowl. He'll soon get his eyes opened. Saying that, anything is better than Lennon and it will hopefully give an injection of enthusiasm into the whole club.

tonto1888

Quote from: JimStynes on January 21, 2021, 10:15:02 PM
Anyone get the WhatsApp saying Eddie Howe is going to be announced as manager next week. Finalising Lennon severance package at the minute. Not sure if he will be the right man or not. I'd rather someone higher profile and with European experience. But then again, who's going to want the job ffs.

The one that says he will be in after the weekends game? We don't have a game this weekend. A different one says he would be in today. I will believe it when I see it

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on January 21, 2021, 10:40:33 PM
Anyone get the WhatsApp saying Eddie Howe is going to be announced as manager next week. Finalising Lennon severance package at the minute. Not sure if he will be the right man or not. I'd rather someone higher profile and with European experience. But then again, who's going to want the job ffs.

Lawell needs to go too.

No good him still being there  - sticking his nose in the football side of things.

Lawwell certainly has to go and hopefully the fans send this message to the club when it comes to season ticket renewals.

Until Lawwell goes, fans should keep their money in their pockets.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Jack Hendry looks set to join Oostende on a permanent deal for £1.75m. Apparently he's been outstanding in the Belgian league this season and they already have a load of suitors eyeing him up next season so will probably sell him on at a profit - Villa and Werder Bremen were two of the clubs linked.

Anyway, Hendry was a Rodgers signing, got a good few chances under Rodgers but never really convinced, did make 27 appearances in the 12 month spell under Rodgers and clearly was rated by the manager. Lennon came in, froze him out and moved him on - he never played a minute under Lennon AFAIK.

Again it's yet another highlight of how Lennon is utterly incompetent when it comes to the Celtic job, a good manager works with and develops his players, they improve under him. With Lennon we have seen the likes of McGregor, Ntcham, Rogic, Christie, Forrest and Edouard among other all regress at a rate of knots under his management. People insulted me when I said he was a terrible manager, why, partisanship on behalf of their close personal links to the manager. The truth is he is an absolutely abysmal manager who failed and Bolton and Hibs and will never manage a club of decent standing in his career again.

We need to get a new manager in ASAP.

The fans also need to united and force the message home to the club that they won't get our money until such time as Lawwell is removed from the club.

ned

Quote from: Angelo on January 23, 2021, 12:20:01 PM
Jack Hendry looks set to join Oostende on a permanent deal for £1.75m. Apparently he's been outstanding in the Belgian league this season and they already have a load of suitors eyeing him up next season so will probably sell him on at a profit - Villa and Werder Bremen were two of the clubs linked.

Anyway, Hendry was a Rodgers signing, got a good few chances under Rodgers but never really convinced, did make 27 appearances in the 12 month spell under Rodgers and clearly was rated by the manager. Lennon came in, froze him out and moved him on - he never played a minute under Lennon AFAIK.

Again it's yet another highlight of how Lennon is utterly incompetent when it comes to the Celtic job, a good manager works with and develops his players, they improve under him. With Lennon we have seen the likes of McGregor, Ntcham, Rogic, Christie, Forrest and Edouard among other all regress at a rate of knots under his management. People insulted me when I said he was a terrible manager, why, partisanship on behalf of their close personal links to the manager. The truth is he is an absolutely abysmal manager who failed and Bolton and Hibs and will never manage a club of decent standing in his career again.

The fans also need to united and force the message home to the club that they won't get our money until such time as Lawwell is removed from the club.

What the f**k. Lennon is not a good manager that is without question. You start by saying Hendry never convinced under Rodgers. That is an understatement. Hendry was useless under Rodgers so why would he improve under Lennon? Did you see him run in circles with the ball in one match with no one near him? It was like a toddler chasing a balloon. His failure at Celtic is not Lennon's fault.

Angelo

Quote from: ned on January 23, 2021, 04:21:38 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 23, 2021, 12:20:01 PM

What the f**k. Lennon is not a good manager that is without question. You start by saying Hendry never convinced under Rodgers. That is an understatement. Hendry was useless under Rodgers so why would he improve under Lennon? Did you see him run in circles with the ball in one match with no one near him? It was like a toddler chasing a balloon. His failure at Celtic is not Lennon's fault.

He's another classic example of Lennon completely disregarding a player and another clear example of Lennon's ability to develop and work with players.

Hendry had 12 months under Rodgers and didn't play well, he struggled to step up, but was still quite young - 22/23 and had shown plenty of promise with Dundee before he moved., he wouldn't be the first player who has taken time to make the step up.

I think it's clearly obvious that if Rodgers was still in charge Hendry would have got some opportunities down the line but Lennon is the kind of manager who dials it in from the bar. I recall Kieran McGeeney giving an interview a while back saying how he was over at a Celtic game and was chatting to Lennon about 20 minutes before kick off and couldn't believe Lennon wasn't in prepping the team, Lennon's answer was that all the work was done during the week. All the stories coming out from players who have played under him, past and present, is of an amateur setup where Lennon just lets things be.

He has his favourites and his pals and he looks after them, we've seen it with Soro. It took him 11 months at the club to get a start at a time when Brown was stinking it out for months. It took Soro and Turnbull the collapse of our season to get a chance. Players go backwards under Lennon.

With Hendry, the point is how well he has played this season, there is plenty of interest in him now so clearly there was potential there and Lennon was happy to just discard that rather than do his job as a manager to work with players, improve them and develop them.

Milltown Row2

When was that poll put up on the thread? 1967?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Holy f**k. We now have some ejit using Hendry as a stick to beat Lennon with. Hendry. The same guy was made fun of by fans for being awful. The same hendry who it is widely agreed was nowhere near good enough for Celtic. There's enough to have a go at Lennon over without this ffs

general_lee

Rafa benetiz the latest rumour. I just wish they'd get it over and done with!

marty34

Rumours also that they'll keep Lennon to the end of season.

If they chop him, he'll get £300k, which overall, isn't a big amount as he's on a rolling contract.  I heard Lennon is on about £1 m a year but not sure it's true.  If so, that's serious money for a Scottish league manager.

Celtic fans won't renew season tickets etc. and this is the only way to hurt Lawell and the board.

Hound

Got one today, a letter from Lawwell saying Benitez's terms have been accepted (without mentioning what those terms are). I presume both are fake.

This one was addressed  to Jeremie Sutter as Rafa's agent and in relation to his client 'Rafael Benitez Maudes'. As a Liverpool fan, I'd never heard that final surname, though I suppose it wouldn't be hard to find

tonto1888

Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2021, 08:44:40 PM
Got one today, a letter from Lawwell saying Benitez's terms have been accepted (without mentioning what those terms are). I presume both are fake.

This one was addressed  to Jeremie Sutter as Rafa's agent and in relation to his client 'Rafael Benitez Maudes'. As a Liverpool fan, I'd never heard that final surname, though I suppose it wouldn't be hard to find

The phone number was wrong. Ended in 1872.....

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2021, 06:22:41 PM
Holy f**k. We now have some ejit using Hendry as a stick to beat Lennon with. Hendry. The same guy was made fun of by fans for being awful. The same hendry who it is widely agreed was nowhere near good enough for Celtic. There's enough to have a go at Lennon over without this ffs

Of course we can. Lennon froze him out. It took fans rioting to get Soro and Turnbull in the squad, he's persisted with Duffy all season.

Another lad who will defend Lennon on the indefensible. Hendry played his last game for Celtic in Rodger's last game. He never got a look in under Lennon. He's now thriving in the Belgian league while Celtic have been leaking goals like a sieve back home.

The fact that you don't think Lennon has serious questions to answer here says it all, some people will look for a reason to defend every crazy decision Lennon makes.

Hound

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2021, 08:48:06 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2021, 08:44:40 PM

The phone number was wrong. Ended in 1872.....

Is that the tell-tale?

Phone number on the headed paper is (+44) 0141-556-1872

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on January 23, 2021, 09:02:50 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2021, 06:22:41 PM

Of course we can. Lennon froze him out. It took fans rioting to get Soro and Turnbull in the squad, he's persisted with Duffy all season.

Another lad who will defend Lennon on the indefensible. Hendry played his last game for Celtic in Rodger's last game. He never got a look in under Lennon. He's now thriving in the Belgian league while Celtic have been leaking goals like a sieve back home.

The fact that you don't think Lennon has serious questions to answer here says it all, some people will look for a reason to defend every crazy decision Lennon makes.

You're a madman. Completely and utterly lost it.