Down Championship Predictions Competition

Started by Bacon, July 18, 2007, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

I will agree with Aristotle with his football predictions, but will take the Galget just to be different. who is reffing the IHC?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Colonel Cool

This weeks Championship matches:-

Saturday 29 September

In Ballyholland
1pm RFC Final
Burren v Castlewellan - Castlewellan

2.30pm PRFC Final
Burren v Clonduff - Burren

Sunday 30 September

1.15pm in Portaferry
IHC Final
Ballygalget v Ballycran - Ballycran

In Newcastle
2.30pm JFC Final
Bosco v Drumaness - Bosco

IFC Final
Ballymartin v Downpatrick - Downpatrick

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

goldenyears

downpatrick to beat ballymartin by at least 6 points.

dpatrick opted not to play 3 or 4 players including peter telford v ballyholland lastweek as they had played soccer the day before. they thought they wud have enough to beat harps without them and it back-fired. Based on the performance they gave (they actually deserved to win) and the playrs to come back in, and on whites performance v saval and their first half v harps in semi final, i am going big time for hoops

DownFanatic

IFC Final

Im sticking by my original prediction and going for Ballymartin to beat Downpatrick. The Whites may have slipped up against Saval last weekend but that has got a bad performance out of their system and this will do them no harm come Sunday as they will be refocused. Its going to be a tight game but Ballymartin will be seeking revenge for 2005.

JFC Final

Bosco are probably the youngest team in Down at the moment. I would say a good 90% of their team are 23 or under. Drumaness have have that wee bit more experience and they have been winning all year albeit against lesser opposition. However, winning is a habit and Drumaness will have far too much for Bosco. Im tempted to go for a big Drumaness win here but Bosco may keep it down to a 3 or 4 point margin.

Verdicts: Ballymartin and Drumaness

kinghen

i think burren will beat c'wellan in the reserve final, if their performance against burren in the PRFC is anythin to go by, i cant see the reserve side being very good!
plus think they will be missing a few of their "experienced" players because of the down masters making it to the final!!

passedit

Kinghen, is it not the case that the Masters have to replay their semi final as they were caught out playing an 'Underage' player.  :o
Don't Panic

boscomo

Quote from: passedit on September 27, 2007, 03:07:11 PM
Kinghen, is it not the case that the Masters have to replay their semi final as they were caught out playing an 'Underage' player.  :o
was it young whitnell ? heard  a whisper
if in doubt eat it

passedit

Don't Panic

kinghen

i think it was eventually established that peter was elligible to play under the ruling that if you are 39 then you are in your 40th year?? not sure its just what i heard, plus imo i doubt it was whitnell's "youth" that helped the down masters secure a place in the final!!??

passedit

Quote from: kinghen on September 28, 2007, 12:59:00 PM
i think it was eventually established that peter was elligible to play under the ruling that if you are 39 then you are in your 40th year?? not sure its just what i heard, plus imo i doubt it was whitnell's "youth" that helped the down masters secure a place in the final!!??

Hen, you have to be 39 at the start of the year, it appears Peter turned 39 on 6 January. The match is refixed for this weekend so I presume he won't be playing.
Don't Panic

boscomo

apart from being over 40 what other stipulation is there to play for the down masters, have a few years yet lads to get fit again
if in doubt eat it

Square Ball

DF, well of the mark on both counts, who won the IHC?

dundrumite

DF I hope ur tipping bredagh to beat us next saturday  :o