Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: red hander on January 04, 2023, 07:35:57 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 04, 2023, 05:16:15 PM
Colin has the begging bowl out again  ::)

Short story
We had a great Christmas, back to pre covid levels of footfall
But we've had increased costs with energy etc
Totally neglected to mention the fact that they've also hiked the prices to account for these increased costs
So therefore we need a taxpayer/ratepayer handout cos we're worried about the next few months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64161559

He must have some mates in BBC NI that get free stays in the Merchant, cos there's no other industry lobbyist that gets anywhere close to the airtime this tool gets

He'd sicken your shite, that whining ballix. Michael Deane is another one.
I was in Deane's before Christmas and he was being interviewed at the table next to us and it was a whole long crying match.

imtommygunn

The biggest problem now is staffing in restaurants. Definitely in Belfast anywhere we seem to go near is understaffed and it's a struggle getting food. Even the higher end places.

thewobbler

Re financial returns, all the bastard publicans of Belfast got together during Covid and agreed to minimum pricing / overcharging.

If they were to all be swallowed up by the Lagan, it would be a great day for the city.

——

Re staffing. There aren't any. Why would any teenager / student work minimum wage til 3-4am for those bastard publicans, when mammy and daddy have already paid for their car and insurance, digs and fees, and they only need a shift a week in a cushy shop for a little pin money?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on January 04, 2023, 09:02:28 PM
Re financial returns, all the bastard publicans of Belfast got together during Covid and agreed to minimum pricing / overcharging.

If they were to all be swallowed up by the Lagan, it would be a great day for the city.

——

Re staffing. There aren't any. Why would any teenager / student work minimum wage til 3-4am for those bastard publicans, when mammy and daddy have already paid for their car and insurance, digs and fees, and they only need a shift a week in a cushy shop for a little pin money?

My daughter is a student living in Belfast and loving her bar job, while having her digs phone the odd shop and whatever else is going on behind my back financially paid for lol!!

The other one now knows she needs a job to pay for her extras!! Otherwise it's rice and beans
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Diageo putting their prices up by 12c per pint...

toby47

Called into The National last night with a mate, 2 pints of Clonmel each. £24.40, £6.10 each.

On Sunday I was in Common Market in Belfast, (a 2 minute walk from The National) and had 3 pints which cost me £9, they are doing a January sale with selected pints £3.

general_lee

Quote from: toby47 on January 17, 2023, 01:06:09 PM
Called into The National last night with a mate, 2 pints of Clonmel each. £24.40, £6.10 each.

On Sunday I was in Common Market in Belfast, (a 2 minute walk from The National) and had 3 pints which cost me £9, they are doing a January sale with selected pints £3.
The National is a pretentious kip aimed at wankers.

Saffrongael

Quote from: general_lee on January 17, 2023, 01:20:14 PM

That's why it does so well in Belfast
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

toby47

Quote from: general_lee on January 17, 2023, 01:20:14 PM

;D ;D ;D I have to agree, didn't enjoy it one bit. Food menu crap too, took a look at it & decided against ordering.

tc_manchester

Went into Richard Corrigan's new place 'The Park Cafe' in Ballsbridge last week. A pint at the bar was 7.81 - when I got the receipt the actual price was 7.10 and a 'discretionary service charge' of 10% had been added. If it was discretionary I'd like to have been asked about it before I had to pay it

toby47

Places used to always do deals when there was live football or rugby on.

I saw on social media last night a place 'Haymarket' (never been) in belfast doing a few deals for the upcoming 6 Nations. 4 pints for £17 or Pizza/Burger & a pint for £10.

I remember my local was doing a deal a few years back during the 6 Nations (I'd guess around 2018) it was a Burger & pint for £5, crazy that its doubled in that space of time.

general_lee

Read that Buba (St Anne's Sq) have had to rebrand as a burger/takeaway joint as they hadn't the demand for eastern Mediterranean cuisine. Not sure i have a massive amount of sympathy as their owners also own one of its competitors Coppi across the way...

lurganblue

Quote from: tc_manchester on January 18, 2023, 02:59:10 PM
Went into Richard Corrigan's new place 'The Park Cafe' in Ballsbridge last week. A pint at the bar was 7.81 - when I got the receipt the actual price was 7.10 and a 'discretionary service charge' of 10% had been added. If it was discretionary I'd like to have been asked about it before I had to pay it

What's this? So you ordered while up at the bar. They didn't even come to your table and take your order and bring it to you for that 10%?

tc_manchester

Quote from: lurganblue on January 19, 2023, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: tc_manchester on January 18, 2023, 02:59:10 PM

What's this? So you ordered while up at the bar. They didn't even come to your table and take your order and bring it to you for that 10%?
Exactly - I took a seat at the bar and ordered a pint. She poured it and handed it to me and that was it. Pouring and handing me the pint was 71 cents worth

Milltown Row2

Not exactly a pint, but went into the local Spar and lifted a can of Heinz veg soup!! WTF thread maybe but £1.90 for canned soup?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea