Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Quote from: snoopdog on February 16, 2024, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 16, 2024, 11:32:16 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 16, 2024, 09:26:29 AM
Quote from: Golden Eye on February 15, 2024, 11:15:59 PMAgain Down GAA Social media shocking to say the least! No Recognition to are players involved last night!

If the difference between someone's happiness and plight, is that our county board publishes a congratulations message every time someone from Down wins something in any sphere of Gaelic Games, then I really do despair for the future of the human race.

We do not need this validation of our efforts. We really do not.

Bit of a ridiculous comment with the usual hyperbole of course. If you can't see the value of a simple social media acknowledgement to the great sporting achievement of some players from our county then why are you even participating in online discussion boards?
I missed the sigerson final. Did many Dpwn men start?

I'm sure you could get a match report online if you can use Google.

ardtole

Eamonn Brown came on as sub and Ryan Magill started and captained the team, as far as I'm aware that is the only Down contribution.

supersub

Quote from: Golden Eye on February 15, 2024, 11:15:59 PMAgain Down GAA Social media shocking to say the least! No Recognition to are players involved last night!

Here we go again ffs. Precious, easily offended souls. As bad as the woke brigade, and not even factually correct. That post was written on this forum at 11.15pm according to the timestamp. The red mist must have descended that much you couldn't see Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to see the acknowledgement before you posted here. It's just sensationalist nonsense at this stage. Whatever stick can and will be used to beat any part of the Co Board, don't worry about being correct. Not to mention the issues with county social media over the past 7 days.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on February 16, 2024, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 16, 2024, 11:32:16 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 16, 2024, 09:26:29 AM

If the difference between someone's happiness and plight, is that our county board publishes a congratulations message every time someone from Down wins something in any sphere of Gaelic Games, then I really do despair for the future of the human race.

We do not need this validation of our efforts. We really do not.

Bit of a ridiculous comment with the usual hyperbole of course. If you can't see the value of a simple social media acknowledgement to the great sporting achievement of some players from our county then why are you even participating in online discussion boards?
I missed the sigerson final. Did many Dpwn men start?
did you not see it mentioned on social media then? check it out there
nil satis nisi optimum

Splash

Great win for the hurlers last week against Kerry. Leaves Down in a very good position heading into the next round.

That second half was one of the best performances I've seen from a Down team in a while. Great stuff.

Could very easily have seen the heads drop after Kerry went in at the break 7 points up, but there looks to be a good mentality about the team at the minute, and Down came flying out of the blocks and didn't give Kerry an inch. Every aspect of the game Down seemed to be able to outperform the Kingdom. Down also managed to deal with playing into the wind a lot better in the first half, than Kerry did in the second half, which made things a lot easier.

Pearse Óg McCrcickard had a good game, and Tim Prenter had some amazing moments. Two good games in a row for him now. Stephen Kieth also had an amazing game. Amazing stop to the first Kerry goal attempt, and saving a penalty is always remarkable.

In the first half our backs found it very hard to deal with the Kerry full forward line. We might not be so lucky the next time, and would need to tighten up.

Great to see Danny Toner back. Some goal he got.

All in all, great performance. Particularly great to see Down make a comeback after being a good bit behind at half time. If we can perform each day the way we did in that second half, we'll be playing in Division One next year. 

Very hopeful going into the next game- Kildare in Ballycran. I do think Kildare have been our bogey team for the past couple years, but as we showed last year, we're well fit to beat them. Should have a couple more lads back which will be a good boost, and Kildare aren't looking just the same as they were last year. Should be a competitive game, and would much rather it be at home than away.

The only two unbeaten teams in the division (Laois and Carlow) play each other next week, which could mean if Down beat Kildare, and the results go their way, Down would be sitting second. Would be nice going into the final few rounds with that momentum.

Good to see the hurlers getting their first competitive win of the year. Hopefully there's plenty more to come.

downtothecore

Job done by the boys today on Belfast. We were the better team but it took us to last 10 minutes to kill of Antrim.
Oran Murdock was very good in second half. Caolan Mooney worked hard throughout and good to see him back. Oisin savage took soom good points in the second half.

Overall we are improving and going in the right direction.

Ed Hardy

Good to get another win, beat Offaly next week and Div2 will be within touching distance. Took a while to kill of Antrim today but subs worked well. John McGovern in with the squad now, would like to see him give it a real rattle, deadly man if left inside!

Johnnysboys

A fantastic performance today against a team we really struggled with last year. McGovern on panel is an exciting addition - must have realised Newry are going nowhere.
Big Pat was good, murdock, Daniel Guinness and Mooney worked fierce hard throughout.
Next Saturday is the focus now.

dingle82

Brilliant second after dismal first half.. Savage brilliant when he came on really dangerous inside .. big Pat was poor got turned over a few times and missed a few score-able frees.. Good all around performance and going in the right direction.. good to see strong following from Down

snoopdog

Better team throughout. Gave Antrim a lifeline with a bit of a gift of a goal. Could've had a few more goals ourselves. Tough game for 55 mins though. But got the job done. Small tidy little ground.

manwithnoplan

There will be a few people on here fuming today when they see Down GAA's X account posting about a swimmer....

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 19, 2024, 10:27:22 AMThere will be a few people on here fuming today when they see Down GAA's X account posting about a swimmer....

At least there won't be any chat about diving!
😉🤣

AnDúnAbú94

Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 18, 2024, 05:55:52 PMGood to get another win, beat Offaly next week and Div2 will be within touching distance. Took a while to kill of Antrim today but subs worked well. John McGovern in with the squad now, would like to see him give it a real rattle, deadly man if left inside!

Where'd you hear that about McGovern? I haven't heard it reported anywhere else

Ed Hardy

Quote from: AnDúnAbú94 on February 20, 2024, 05:55:11 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 18, 2024, 05:55:52 PMGood to get another win, beat Offaly next week and Div2 will be within touching distance. Took a while to kill of Antrim today but subs worked well. John McGovern in with the squad now, would like to see him give it a real rattle, deadly man if left inside!

Where'd you hear that about McGovern? I haven't heard it reported anywhere else

He was on the pitch with the team warming up before the game on Sunday.

downtothecore

2 points against offaly is important if we are to maintain the promotion push. Offaly will be looking to rebound after their sh..t show last week so I expect it wont be straightforward. We will need to be on form and if we are we will win this game and progress on.