Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oglach

Are Kilcoo still as disliked/hated?
I personally thought they'd cleaned up their act a lot as past few seasons. Without the discipline they gained from the Mickey Moran and co they'd have found it difficult to win an Ulster club let alone an All Ireland.
Add up the red cards between Kilcoo and Burren as past few seasons and Burren have quite a few more.

DanTheMan12

Completely agree.  As a neutral at the majority of Kilcoos games this season (including the controversial league final) it has been clear the opposition has been the team provoking, hits off the ball etc. it must be discussed in the changing rooms to use dirty antics.

Targetman

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 06, 2022, 03:10:05 PM
Quote from: MajorShields26 on October 06, 2022, 01:40:45 PM
Will down final be on rte? Probably not the establishment hate the boys from down especially after kilcoo and burren antics last time game was on rte. Also on this any more news on burren managment? Need to start getting best from young boys and get a young manager in to help with this. Another suggestion I thought of in past few days was Darragh O'Hanlon from kilcoo. Could cause a bit of controversy with kilcoo faithful but I'm sure it would boost his management career.

Yes I think that's a great idea and he should take the Red Devlin and Barry McEvoy in with him.
Cracker!!

forevergreen

Quote from: DanTheMan12 on October 06, 2022, 05:05:28 PM
Completely agree.  As a neutral at the majority of Kilcoos games this season (including the controversial league final) it has been clear the opposition has been the team provoking, hits off the ball etc. it must be discussed in the changing rooms to use dirty antics.
Sweet Jesus, someone actually suggesting Kilcoo as the victims. Hardly a neutral. The verbal and gouging long forgotten

Truth hurts

Due to their behaviour Kilcoo are being awarded the FIFA fair play award for 2022

manwithnoplan

Let's be clear, Kilcoo really lowered the bar when it came to those sort of antics on field. If they are now falling "victim" to it I don't think they deserve much sympathy. Super football team for the last decade, but not exactly the most likeable team for a neutral to get behind.

PTC

I'd say the Kilcoo lads can't sleep at night because of what people in down think of them.

SticksandStones

I see CPN are in the Junior Hurling Championship this week aswell, big Fortnight for the Parish. Fair play. Just curious, any dual players on the squad?

Truth hurts

Quote from: SticksandStones on October 07, 2022, 12:51:11 PM
I see CPN are in the Junior Hurling Championship this week aswell, big Fortnight for the Parish. Fair play. Just curious, any dual players on the squad?

I can't see them winning tbf
The Town are on the move in hurling circles and I think they could be playing senior in a few years

sdg

I think big Jamie Grant is the only one

thebar

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 07, 2022, 04:16:12 PM

I can't see them winning tbf
The Town are on the move in hurling circles and I think they could be playing senior in a few years
They won :)

KeyboardWman

manwithnoplan

Quote from: KeyboardWman on October 08, 2022, 10:07:06 AM
Deegan to clonduff next year

That would be a big investment, and not much of a track record to justify it.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: manwithnoplan on October 08, 2022, 11:41:28 AM
Quote from: KeyboardWman on October 08, 2022, 10:07:06 AM
Deegan to clonduff next year

That would be a big investment, and not much of a track record to justify it.

He did well with the Finn in division 4

Mikhailov