damien barton new burren manager? will he bring the success of old??

Started by kinghen, January 02, 2008, 05:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaagaa

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 07, 2008, 08:53:10 PM
Quote from: goldenyears on February 06, 2008, 05:03:55 PM
barton, poucher (trainer) and gerard murdock (selector)
Will there be enough room in the changing rooms for those two egos? (Barton and Pooch)

hopefully not - i see barton is popular  ::) with most of the other derry posters
wonder why ;D

orangeman

Barton would be very popular - and would not have an ego - a very down to earth man - some of the Derry posters here simply have an anti - Barton agenda which is hardly fair considering all that he has achieved in Derry football down the years.

orangeman

Barton would be very popular - and would not have an ego - a very down to earth man - some of the Derry posters here simply have an anti - Barton agenda which is hardly fair considering all that he has achieved in Derry football down the years.

Any comment Glenullin ?  ;)

buglebhoy

i've heard all good reports about barton so far from a number of burren players although it is early days!!

r3

Its hilarious to read all these anti-barton rantings. While i admit, the distance to travel to manage seems excessive, i'd like to make a few in defence of.

Im sure many of these haters havn't played too much football themselves over the years let alone representing their county for 20 years and carrying a poor club team for as long as he did.

It is clear that Barton has improved every team he's been with. Ballinderry were a major force with him but folded on the big day two years in succession against a top Bellaghy. They were always good enough to win an all-ireland (as were the bellaghy team that beat them!). He does deserve major credit for developing that team. a year later McIver walked in and they went all the way. These things happen.     He also took Jordanstown to a sigerson final i think ???Donaghmore too have faired well from his influence. As for the Loup, i don't think he was really there long enough to do anything. Having met Barton on a number of occasions I believe he's totally passionate about GAA.

In the local scene, there are too many folk with too many chips on their shoulders/personal grievances with Barton. probably because in his day he was a genuinly skilled
player. He took a lot of abuse physically on the pitch, (people out to 'do him'). What makes people dislike him is that he usually ended up totally outplaying them , and/or putting them on their arse! (Glenullin etc! lol  ::))

anyways, wish him good luck.  All the money in the world wouldnt persuade me to be a GAA manager (way to much hasstle!) Newbridge/derry fan

T O Hare

Quote from: kinghen on January 02, 2008, 05:45:04 PM
dont know much about him in terms of managerial prowess, but just wondering if he will be able to bring any success to a club who have not won a championship for 10yrs now!! can mayobridge be stopped in down??

Simple answer No :D ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

IVEDECIDED

Of course they can sure they have numpties playing for them such as the young Tom O'Hare - I hope hes no relation.  ;)

orangeman

Down Gael

IVEDECIDED

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"