Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Strabane- Charlie O'Kane (Banagher) and Jody Wilson (Loup).
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Bendyerback

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 11, 2018, 10:11:43 AM
Lot of clubs still to appoint.

Civil war has broke out in at least one club over the appointment of a manager.

You're hardly referring to your neighbours up the road? A serious reports of men quitting and transferring due to discontentment within the club and the appointment of senior management. Any truth in it? I heard Michael Hagan is making a return to the St. Malachy's after a spell with Ardboe, is that correct?

Christmas Lights

whats happening in Ardboe?  Whos quit?  Whos fell out?  Whats the falling out over?  Possibly relegation the year?

Bendyerback

Quote from: Christmas Lights on January 12, 2018, 12:56:59 PM
whats happening in Ardboe?  Whos quit?  Whos fell out?  Whats the falling out over?  Possibly relegation the year?

There's a lot of chat going around. I don't know all the facts but I can confirm that one player has transferred to Ballinderry and since my previous post I have received confirmation that Mick Hagan is going back to Moortown.
One of my own club men was asking me what's happening in Ardboe because "there are men leaving left, right and centre". The same man would know the craic.
Apparently the club appointed a man called Noel O'Neill as manager at a committee meeting without any consultation with players and members and he also happens to be a brother of the chairman.
Supposedly it's a continuation of a coup from last year when they got rid of their senior management.
But you wouldn't know what's going on down around the loughshore. Between them and Moortown there's never a dull moment. Speaking of Moortown, Paul Devlin and the cubs have made the move to Ardboe. That will be an interesting derby when the time comes. Devlin wouldn't have had much respect for the Ardboe Club over the years.
Is there any Ardboe men on here who could give us a little clarity on the latest episode?

WT4E

Quote from: Bendyerback on January 12, 2018, 10:06:36 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 11, 2018, 10:11:43 AM
Lot of clubs still to appoint.

Civil war has broke out in at least one club over the appointment of a manager.

You're hardly referring to your neighbours up the road? A serious reports of men quitting and transferring due to discontentment within the club and the appointment of senior management. Any truth in it? I heard Michael Hagan is making a return to the St. Malachy's after a spell with Ardboe, is that correct?

I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a good row in Ardboe - Seems to happen every year around this time.

I mind one year people suggesting they charge into their AGM as it was that entertaining!

Therealdonald

Quote from: Bendyerback on January 12, 2018, 01:19:39 PM

There's a lot of chat going around. I don't know all the facts but I can confirm that one player has transferred to Ballinderry and since my previous post I have received confirmation that Mick Hagan is going back to Moortown.
One of my own club men was asking me what's happening in Ardboe because "there are men leaving left, right and centre". The same man would know the craic.
Apparently the club appointed a man called Noel O'Neill as manager at a committee meeting without any consultation with players and members and he also happens to be a brother of the chairman.
Supposedly it's a continuation of a coup from last year when they got rid of their senior management.
But you wouldn't know what's going on down around the loughshore. Between them and Moortown there's never a dull moment. Speaking of Moortown, Paul Devlin and the cubs have made the move to Ardboe. That will be an interesting derby when the time comes. Devlin wouldn't have had much respect for the Ardboe Club over the years.
Is there any Ardboe men on here who could give us a little clarity on the latest episode?

Bendyerback, what you have described sounds more like Tyrone version of Game of Thrones. As usual with these things I imagine the truth lies somewhere in between. I know they have lost a few men but I reckon some of them will be back before the end of the year and it'll roll around to next years AGM when there's another row.

Bendyerback

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 12, 2018, 04:39:18 PM

Bendyerback, what you have described sounds more like Tyrone version of Game of Thrones. As usual with these things I imagine the truth lies somewhere in between. I know they have lost a few men but I reckon some of them will be back before the end of the year and it'll roll around to next years AGM when there's another row.
Another row?
I wouldn't be familiar with the going ons in game of thrones but it sounds delightful.
I don't think they will be fighting relegation this season, I wouldn't like to see them going down over some silly decisions. The competition between them and ourselves has always been healthy. But you're probably right. 

Norf Tyrone

Folks- Is under age 13, 15 and 17 in Tyrone or 14, 16 and 18.

Hearing mixed reports!

GlenMan

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 12, 2018, 07:39:33 PM

Hearing mixed reports!

Stays as is 14, 16, 18.

Who are you hearing otherwise from?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GlenMan on January 12, 2018, 08:42:44 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 12, 2018, 07:39:33 PM

Hearing mixed reports!

Stays as is 14, 16, 18.

Who are you hearing otherwise from?

I heard that Tyrone are still awaiting approval from Ulster/ Croke Park. U14 , U16 etc is Tyrone's request.

Ty4Sam

It will stay at U14, 16 and 18 and will be confirmed after first CCC meeting. Club delegates were asked for a show of hands at the county convention and it was unanimous to remain the same. GAA allowed counties to decide between 14, 16, 18 or 13, 15, 17 for the coming year. I think all Ulster counties have went with 14, 16, 18 bar one (whom I can't recall)

square_ball

Quote from: Bendyerback on January 12, 2018, 05:28:21 PM

Another row?
I wouldn't be familiar with the going ons in game of thrones but it sounds delightful.
I don't think they will be fighting relegation this season, I wouldn't like to see them going down over some silly decisions. The competition between them and ourselves has always been healthy. But you're probably right.

I thought you were an ardboe man bendyback? You seem to know a lot of the goings on in that club for them not to be yours?

Jeremiah O

For anyone travelling through Ardboe today,please be aware that the road is closed from Duffs to Ardboe hall.
Don't know what's going on but there's HBO lorries in the hall car park and a crowd of boys running about with swords.
Unconquered and unconquerable

GlenMan

Drumragh - Gavin McElroy and Peter Doherty

Bendyerback

Quote from: square_ball on January 12, 2018, 11:27:16 PM
Quote from: Bendyerback on January 12, 2018, 05:28:21 PM

Another row?

I thought you were an ardboe man bendyback? You seem to know a lot of the goings on in that club for them not to be yours?
I'm not a million miles away from Ardboe. My Granny was an Ardboe woman, (if she was still alive she'd be 124), so I guess in an around about way I am a wee bit of an Ardboe man, but my allegience wouldn't lie there. You are also correct, I do know a lot about the goings on down around the loughshore. I've got a couple of reliable sources and it's no secret that the Ardboe men aren't afraid to air their dirty laundry in public.
If it's not about a crest being scrapped it's about supporters giving the right honourable Brian McGuigan a bit of grief on the line.
I always look forward to the next episode. Like game of thrones.