Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

He is a god damn strength and conditioning coach for crying out loud.
You would think he is some sort of super coach
When do you ever hear of strength coaches in other sports?
All blacks no
Barcelona no
Dublin no
Kilkenny no
Tyrone 03/05/08 no
Liverpool no
corafin no
Caula no

Some people of building these strength coaches up to something they are not. Clare Meath Longford all strip out bigger than Tyrone ffs. Give over and move on lads.
Tyrone will get another man in who does the same shite for half the  cost and within a month the players will love him. Just the way the Monaghan lads will one Donnelly just the way they loved whoever the last strength coach was
They are on a serious gravy train that I know

Will it ever end

Quote from: In hiding on September 01, 2019, 01:01:45 AM
Holy sh1t, Donnelly is a mercenary!!
Some people are clueless. Maybe he should do his job for free. Maybe he shouldn't try to get as much as possible for his family. Some lads on here are incredible. Should mickey do his job for free

I wouldn't have thought anyone expects the role not to carry a salary, but I'd also have thought it would have been well paid at those levels - certainly compared to other counties & definitely compared to Ulster rugby.

In hiding

Quote from: Will it ever end on September 01, 2019, 02:36:50 AM
Some people are clueless. Maybe he should do his job for free. Maybe he shouldn't try to get as much as possible for his family. Some lads on here are incredible. Should mickey do his job for free

I wouldn't have thought anyone expects the role not to carry a salary, but I'd also have thought it would have been well paid at those levels - certainly compared to other counties & definitely compared to Ulster rugby.

On what basis would you think that

Will it ever end

The salary of £40k for S&C coach inside a county?

southtyronegael

Sure did Gavin Devlin not get 30 grand for a made up academy coaching role to keep him away from the clonduff job?

trailer

It's a bit of glorified personal training. Hampsey has his own PT gym. He could do it. The guys not inventing fire for f**ks sake. All this fawning over a guy who essentially copies a load of exercises and asks players to do them is a bit OTT.

I wish Peter all the best.

And what's more he is right to ask for as much money as he can get. It's his time and he is entitled to value it at whatever he likes whether that be 30k, 40k, or 100k.

GetOverTheBar

You explain to me your thought process on this

Signs for Ulster Rugby, massive opportunity and nobody can begrudge that. Leaves Tyrone, fair enough. Hard to knock professional sport and the majority of GAA work is anti social hours I suppose, certainly in comparison to working with Ulster Rugby Academy.

Except there's a twist, all along he's been talking to Monaghan and Seamus McEnaney - Fair play to both of them for pulling off the coup by the way.

But don't be coming onto the message board and portraying Donnelly as some kind of victim, he all know he walked out last year over money. He's walked out this year over an opportunity.....then he's signed up for a rival county and I'd hazard a guess he's not doing it for the love of the GAA.

He's entitled to get his money up when his name is out there, but that is essentially the definition of a mercenary.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 01, 2019, 10:48:37 AM

You explain to me your thought process on this

Signs for Ulster Rugby, massive opportunity and nobody can begrudge that. Leaves Tyrone, fair enough. Hard to knock professional sport and the majority of GAA work is anti social hours I suppose, certainly in comparison to working with Ulster Rugby Academy.

Except there's a twist, all along he's been talking to Monaghan and Seamus McEnaney - Fair play to both of them for pulling off the coup by the way.

But don't be coming onto the message board and portraying Donnelly as some kind of victim, he all know he walked out last year over money. He's walked out this year over an opportunity.....then he's signed up for a rival county and I'd hazard a guess he's not doing it for the love of the GAA.

He's entitled to get his money up when his name is out there, but that is essentially the definition of a mercenary.

He's an S&C coach. Like I said they country is full of them. He's created an aura around himself rightly or wrongly but it's like the Korean army there's always another one.  Don't get worked up about it.

Under Lights

It's Ulster youth he is working with not the senior squad btw

southtyronegael

How can guys be calling Peter Donnelly a mercenary when this is his profession? He is entitled to get as much money as he can, where he can. I'd be more worried about the money harte, Devlin and co are creaming off Tyrone.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 01, 2019, 11:11:49 AM
How can guys be calling Peter Donnelly a mercenary when this is his profession? He is entitled to get as much money as he can, where he can. I'd be more worried about the money harte, Devlin and co are creaming off Tyrone.

Of course he is, but that is a mercenary....I don't see the problem here in calling a spade a spade. It's just easy to stick the boot into Harte/Tyrone/Devlin/Whoever....but Donnelly has done this himself and it's not his first time causing trouble in the background. Let him run on.

Smurfy123

He is a strength and conditioning man ffs lads. He is hardly the brains behind it all. Hundreds of men to replace him. It's not as if ya have lost the real man behind the success Mickey. Don't build these strength coaches up to be something that they are not.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: trailer on August 31, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
This is not a dig at Donnelly who I am sure is excellent and will be missed etc, etc. But is there a more bullshit job than S&C coach? Lift those weights a few times. Jump up on that box. Run over there. Some amount of frauds at that job. A four week course and you're a personal trainer. f**k me the country is full of PTs and gyms.

No wonder Cavanagh isn't happy. Him and Donnelly are big mates. Donnelly I think was his groomsman. So Sean not really being objective.
Possibly the stupidest comment to ever occur on this board?? How can you compare a basic PT to Peter Donnelly, he does way more than just tell boys to "Lift those weights" "jump on that box"

tyrone08

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 01, 2019, 10:21:57 PM
This is not a dig at Donnelly who I am sure is excellent and will be missed etc, etc. But is there a more bullshit job than S&C coach? Lift those weights a few times. Jump up on that box. Run over there. Some amount of frauds at that job. A four week course and you're a personal trainer. f**k me the country is full of PTs and gyms.

No wonder Cavanagh isn't happy. Him and Donnelly are big mates. Donnelly I think was his groomsman. So Sean not really being objective.
Possibly the stupidest comment to ever occur on this board?? How can you compare a basic PT to Peter Donnelly, he does way more than just tell boys to "Lift those weights" "jump on that box"

Peter Donnelly is absolutely a great s&c  coach but he is a bit over played in my opinion. When has a team ever won a ai due to strength or conditioning,its a big part but it's by no means the be all and end all. Are Monaghan going to win an ai now that hes with them? No chance

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 01, 2019, 10:43:40 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 01, 2019, 10:21:57 PM

Peter Donnelly is absolutely a great s&c  coach but he is a bit over played in my opinion. When has a team ever won a ai due to strength or conditioning,its a big part but it's by no means the be all and end all. Are Monaghan going to win an ai now that hes with them? No chance

I think a lot of people are using it to beat Harte with, this looks firmly a county board expenditure v Donnelly thing