FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 17, 2017, 01:30:52 PM
The margin of victory required for Mayo to reach the final is possible and i think Mayo probably need the extra competitive game before the NFL starts. Boyle,Andy Moran,C O Connor,K McLoughlin,A O Shea,T Parsons will all like start this Sunday and like Kerry with Cork, Mayo don't like to lose to Roscommon whatever the competition or time of year.

I honestly don't see the Mayo set-up caring about making the FBD Final. If they did they would have gone all out on Sunday. At this stage it is all about having decent performances from the lads on view, resting or keeping the senior players ticking over and hopefully finding a player (or three) to add to the squad. Who ever is playing will have a go (no more) on Sunday, but nobody will be busting a gut (well no Mayo Senior players and I'd expect the same from the Rossie Senior players).

moysider

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 17, 2017, 08:22:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 16, 2017, 11:45:23 PM
Would be an idea to beat them off the field for 65 minutes and then start scoring own goals in the grand Mayo tradition so they have to play the FBD final.
Is syf at the sherry again?

Can ye get flashbacks from the Buckie I wonder?

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 17, 2017, 08:48:33 PM
The margin of victory required for Mayo to reach the final is possible and i think Mayo probably need the extra competitive game before the NFL starts. Boyle,Andy Moran,C O Connor,K McLoughlin,A O Shea,T Parsons will all like start this Sunday and like Kerry with Cork, Mayo don't like to lose to Roscommon whatever the competition or time of year.

I honestly don't see the Mayo set-up caring about making the FBD Final. If they did they would have gone all out on Sunday. At this stage it is all about having decent performances from the lads on view, resting or keeping the senior players ticking over and hopefully finding a player (or three) to add to the squad. Who ever is playing will have a go (no more) on Sunday, but nobody will be busting a gut (well no Mayo Senior players and I'd expect the same from the Rossie Senior players).

True. In Mayo's case a new player breaking into the squad would be an achievement while a few are probably trying to impress to hold onto their places in the squad.
Now that is not to say that we need a bit of new blood in the starting champ. team but it would take an exceptional young talent to make that leap from outside the squad. I don t think that there is anyone good enough to do that but I could be missing somebody?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 17, 2017, 09:51:25 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 17, 2017, 08:48:33 PM

True. In Mayo's case a new player breaking into the squad would be an achievement while a few are probably trying to impress to hold onto their places in the squad.
Now that is not to say that we need a bit of new blood in the starting champ. team but it would take an exceptional young talent to make that leap from outside the squad. I don t think that there is anyone good enough to do that but I could be missing somebody?

It's going to be more a case of the existing starters' abilities fading to the level of the younger players more than anything else. Can't keep playing the same bucks who lose every year and expect a different result anyways.

moysider

Results aren't so bad and less likely to get a different result from players that are not good as existing players.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway get a walkover from GMIT for the game due to be played this Friday.

Neither side would have got much from it I suppose.

larryin89

" who lose every year,"  that is brilliant , well done young lad.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 18, 2017, 05:39:50 PM

Probably GMIT's final game in the FBD to boot.

See ye in Kiltoom for the final for the third year in succession..

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2017, 05:50:45 PM

Yes, this could be the end of FBD GMIT love affair. What college competition are they in? Trench or Sigarson Cup? You'd have to wonder about their morale going into this competition?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 18, 2017, 10:08:03 PM

Yes, this could be the end of FBD GMIT love affair. What college competition are they in? Trench or Sigarson Cup? You'd have to wonder about their morale going into this competition?
Sigerson cup. They play Sligo IT at home with the winner to play the defending champions UCD.

rosnarun

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 18, 2017, 10:08:03 PM

looks like they will be dropping the M in GMIT pretty soon anyway
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Maroon Manc

I'd imagine a training game would be far more beneficial anyway.

cuconnacht

Jesus,the game that dare not speak its name or what

Rossfan

We're afraid we might wind up Syfín too much talking about his favourite Rhubarbs in his favourite Kiltoom.
We'll probably lose but not by enough to avoid the final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Huge game for Syf. I presume he will be watching it in occupied Ballaghaderreen.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU