Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 20, 2022, 12:35:39 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 20, 2022, 12:03:36 PM
Surely they would be looking to play Friday evening for as long as possible. The Friday evenings have been a massive success since their introduction.

Yes, you would imagine that is their thinking also but daylight becomes an issue from early August onwards. Not possible to play 2 games on a Friday night unless reserve game started at 5.30pm which is a non starter.

Last year the switch to Sunday games was end of August or start of September but that was due to Tyrone in AI semi & final and the league was on hold for 4/5 weeks and nothing took place for all of August basically.
Well then its the two games that is the issue, not the friday night fixture.
Seniors friday, reserves saturday is def worth a try.  Spliting them up would allow a fixed calender for reserve games that isnt interuped by the county schedule either. I think that is a big part of what puts off the more 'casual' players, no reliable fixture list.
I would also potential adress the issue of smaller clubs in senior getting tanked every week in the reserves, they could be playing at the level their reserve team is at, not thier senior side.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone2021

Was told there that as many as 8 reserves games won't be played this Friday due to a lack of referees available

Tyrone11234

All games postponed this weekend.

Mikhailov

blewuporstuffed

Yesterdays game has sparked a debate about the use of penalties to decide games. What ever the merits or otherwise  for its use in Intercounty games, I dont think it has any place deciding underage games. 
I see youth championship games in Tyrone all listed to be decided on the day withe extra time and penalties. Is this really necessary to put young lads through that?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 27, 2022, 10:31:19 AM
Yesterdays game has sparked a debate about the use of penalties to decide games. What ever the merits or otherwise  for its use in Intercounty games, I dont think it has any place deciding underage games. 
I see youth championship games in Tyrone all listed to be decided on the day withe extra time and penalties. Is this really necessary to put young lads through that?

It's called sport. Someone wins, someone loses. I don't get the whole penalties aren't fair thing. It applies to both teams, nearly every other comparable team sport has a sudden death scenario. part of the game.

we can't talk about burn out, calendars, off seasons etc and then complain about finishing on the day at the same time

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on June 27, 2022, 10:34:27 AM

It's called sport. Someone wins, someone loses. I don't get the whole penalties aren't fair thing. It applies to both teams, nearly every other comparable team sport has a sudden death scenario. part of the game.

we can't talk about burn out, calendars, off seasons etc and then complain about finishing on the day at the same time
Im not talking about penalties not being fair, I just feel that pressure on young lads u13/u15/u17 is unneccessary especially when there isnt the same retrictions on the calendar to get replays played

trailer

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 27, 2022, 10:50:13 AM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on June 27, 2022, 10:34:27 AM

Im not talking about penalties not being fair, I just feel that pressure on young lads u13/u15/u17 is unneccessary especially when there isnt the same retrictions on the calendar to get replays played

Wee lads soccer is decided by pens in event of a draw. U11s. There's always pressure and it is absolutely good for them. Not everyone wins at life and losing is part of it.

bigfrank

Round of league games on both the 15th and 17th july? Would that not be the one week in the whole calendar you would think would have no games let alone two  :-\ ::) that's bound to be peak holiday season for club players surely

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bigfrank on June 27, 2022, 10:40:30 PM
Round of league games on both the 15th and 17th july? Would that not be the one week in the whole calendar you would think would have no games let alone two  :-\ ::) that's bound to be peak holiday season for club players surely

Double round 29th and 31st July as per website.

Where is 15th and 17th info from?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mikhailov

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 27, 2022, 11:23:12 PM

The CCC have absolutely no regard to the normal club player. Putting in a fixture on the 15th July in the prime holiday week period of the whole year is total disrespect in my opinion. Then they wonder why they always get a tough time from clubs and Gaels

blewuporstuffed

There is no fixtures on the websitre past this friday as far as I can see.
Why only the one week break? surely this year we had a little more time to play with than previous years?

Ancharraig123

Common sense would be to play the next 2 fixtures this Friday and next Friday the 8th and leaving the 15th free

Onthe40

as I stated before they have decided to start the u15 league on the 16th... brainless

square_ball

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 28, 2022, 09:14:49 AM

There is no fixtures on the websitre past this friday as far as I can see.
Why only the one week break? surely this year we had a little more time to play with than previous years?

If you click onto the league table then click onto your club you will see fixtures up until the end of the season not including championship obviously. Double round as Norf said on 29th and 31st July.