Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Battle Of The Graves went to Aghaloo

Gaafan2

Quote from: WT4E on June 10, 2022, 10:55:27 PM
Some interesting results tonight:
Greencastle return to Senior going well with big win over Moortown (Think they celebrated too long after beating Ardboe... was a mini champo session I believe)
Owen Roes go to Pomeroy and turn them over

Also on another note what is up with 2 senior teams not being able to field a reserve team so early in the year???

Owen Roes worthy of their victory. Packed their defence, we couldn't break them down and then hit us on the break. Shite football to watch but that's obviously the way they've decided to set up. Can't see us doing anything this year.

NotedObserver

Quote from: gaafan2 on June 10, 2022, 11:05:58 PM
Greencastle return to Senior going well with big win over Moortown (Think they celebrated too long after beating Ardboe... was a mini champo session I believe)

Also on another note what is up with 2 senior teams not being able to field a reserve team so early in the year???

County men on for pomeroy and McShane for Owen roes? How'd they fair?

Owen Roes worthy of their victory. Packed their defence, we couldn't break them down and then hit us on the break. Shite football to watch but that's obviously the way they've decided to set up. Can't see us doing anything this year.

Under Lights

Thats a really poor result from Horse Devlins Pomeroy. Probably rules them out of the chance to league honours.
Although they can concentrate on preparations for championship and ensure they peak for that Galbally game.

Tyrone2021

Moy and derrylaughan notorious for not fielding reserves. The thinking round our club was moy we're at home so they would field reserves, unfortunately not the case. Disappointing as 20+ lads left with no football

Gaafan2

Mcshane started, Kieran came on at half time, frank injured.

PMG1

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on June 11, 2022, 08:38:39 AM

Trillick done the same to us last week despite having 12 subs on the seniors. Surely for the sake of the lads that aren't making the senior teams these clubs could put a bit of effort in to get a few men to tog out to fill out a team. I remember Dromore playing Ardboe a few years ago and both teams fielded 2 or 3 40+ men just to make sure the rest of the lads got a game.  Very poor form for a club in division 1 not to field a reserve team, particularly when they are facing a stronger team, Moy notorious for it. It's probably 5 years since we played them in reserves yet they often field the following week

Moy and derrylaughan notorious for not fielding reserves. The thinking round our club was moy we're at home so they would field reserves, unfortunately not the case. Disappointing as 20+ lads left with no football

Tyrone Gaa

You only have to look at the early league table to see these clubs are struggling. Obviously no strength and depth in the clubs. Derrylaughan have 4 reserve league points moy look to have took a few hammerings, probably didn't fancy another from Carrickmore.

Perhaps a reserve league independent from senior status would help. I dunno throwing it out there. Although if you don't have players where will that pull them out from.
Living the dream!!!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 13, 2022, 11:35:29 AM

You only have to look at the early league table to see these clubs are struggling. Obviously no strength and depth in the clubs. Derrylaughan have 4 reserve league points moy look to have took a few hammerings, probably didn't fancy another from Carrickmore.

Perhaps a reserve league independent from senior status would help. I dunno throwing it out there. Although if you don't have players where will that pull them out from.
Tyrone leagues have been crying out for years for reserve and senior to be split. Reserve league should be played separate with proper relegation and division, atleast to level the playing field. Senior Friday evenings, reserve Saturdays.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 13, 2022, 01:12:10 PM

Tyrone leagues have been crying out for years for reserve and senior to be split. Reserve league should be played separate with proper relegation and division, atleast to level the playing field. Senior Friday evenings, reserve Saturdays.
I agree. Certainly worth trialling for a year or two anyway, particulrly now with the split season
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone95

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 13, 2022, 01:28:06 PM

I agree. Certainly worth trialling for a year or two anyway, particulrly now with the split season

How sustainable would that be? Everyone would love if reserve football was slightly more competitive and had its own promotion and relegation but there are many key factors which would stop this.  It would mean that fringe players are out on a Friday evening on a senior bench, out again on a saturday for a reserve game and more than likely expected to be out again on a sunday morning/evening for club training to make a training worthwhile.

Clubs which also have only around 30/35 players (between both panels) are more than likely going to throw the reserve game on a saturday if they pick up a few senior injuries.

I would love to see some sort of modification to the current system but I don't think splitting the games / days is something which is practical.

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 13, 2022, 01:56:35 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 13, 2022, 01:28:06 PM

How sustainable would that be? Everyone would love if reserve football was slightly more competitive and had its own promotion and relegation but there are many key factors which would stop this.  It would mean that fringe players are out on a Friday evening on a senior bench, out again on a saturday for a reserve game and more than likely expected to be out again on a sunday morning/evening for club training to make a training worthwhile.

Clubs which also have only around 30/35 players (between both panels) are more than likely going to throw the reserve game on a saturday if they pick up a few senior injuries.

I would love to see some sort of modification to the current system but I don't think splitting the games / days is something which is practical.

The reserve leagues are a difficult one. Some clubs just don't have the numbers to be competitive on both senior and reserve fronts especially with the contrast in the size of clubs in Div. 1 where there's some clubs fielding thirds teams every week. Sending a reserve team out to ship a tanking week after week serves no purpose for either team. The winning team doesn't learn much about themselves and it destroys morale for the losing team.

Its a fairly viscous cycle were a team needs to be competitive to encourage guys out but you need those numbers in the first place to be competitive.

Walter White

Donaghmore and the Clarkes played out a thriller tonight due to a postponed fixture. The crowd in Donaghmore made it feel like a championship fixture, with spectators from all over the county.

Surely the county board would look at that and think that they need to pick certain fixtures for stand alone events i.e. one senior fixture on a Sunday to allow for that increased crowd and championship feel e.g. Errigal v Carmen, Trillick v Dromore, Ardboe v Moortown, Fianna v Clonoe are just some examples.

Would work at all levels too. Edendork v Galbally showed on Thursday that staggered games lead to a greater occasion and atmosphere. The odd game on a Thursday/Sunday/Monday would shake up the players schedule but for the hosting clubs and the players, surely it merits some thought.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Walter White on June 13, 2022, 11:17:59 PM
Donaghmore and the Clarkes played out a thriller tonight due to a postponed fixture. The crowd in Donaghmore made it feel like a championship fixture, with spectators from all over the county.

Surely the county board would look at that and think that they need to pick certain fixtures for stand alone events i.e. one senior fixture on a Sunday to allow for that increased crowd and championship feel e.g. Errigal v Carmen, Trillick v Dromore, Ardboe v Moortown, Fianna v Clonoe are just some examples.

Would work at all levels too. Edendork v Galbally showed on Thursday that staggered games lead to a greater occasion and atmosphere. The odd game on a Thursday/Sunday/Monday would shake up the players schedule but for the hosting clubs and the players, surely it merits some thought.

I also think this a great idea, also acts as a great gate for the home club and they can all benefit from that after a difficult 2 years with a restricted playing program. There would be some great games with brilliant atmospheres if the CCC allowed it to happen. As previous poster alluded to, a Thursday, Sunday & Monday fixture each week could work in each division with each division getting 1 stand alone fixture on one of those 3 nights each week.
Wasn't at this game tonight but can imagine the crowd would lend to a good game, Donaghmore was always a good place to watch a match in years gone by.
Anyone stand out on either side tonight although I am aware both clubs short players especially the Clarke's who were down quite a few starters.....good win all the same for Donaghmore.

Under Lights

There was a massive crowd also at the Galbally and Edendork game which was played on a Thursday night.

Whilst what the posters said above would be great it's not something the county board could do.
Could you imagine if they hand picked certain games to be played on non ACL nights in order to attract crowds, how would the other clubs that are never picked to play react, what about the travelling team oh great we get to travel on a Monday night to swell the coffers of XXX.