Tailteann Cup 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 09:23:03 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2022, 09:16:26 AM
Cavan will surely be the big team v Westmeath.
Anyway it should be a Connacht or Munster Ref.

Point of order....a mark is only a mark if/when Ref awards it.
But when it's an absolute mark, and the ref forgets to blow his whistle to award it, then that's on the ref and we can point that out as something he missed
I was being a biteen pedantic but a player calling a mark doesn't make it one unless Ref has blown for it. Like a blatant foul only gets a free if Ref awards it.
I'm not disagreeing on the Ref getting it wrong.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 09:08:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 08:58:21 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 07:47:26 AM
Quote from: Westside on July 06, 2022, 05:30:41 PM
Referee changed from Maurice Deegan to Barry Cassidy. Cavan have a history with Cassidy after terrible refereeing performances in one of our U21 AI Semi Finals a few years back and and the Ulster Final 2020.

Can't believe he got it. He was that bad in the 2020 Ulster final, despite us winning it. And surprised an Ulster ref got it. Just don't understand some of these appointments overall. I'm very wary of this fella, although he does owe us one!

I'm curious, what is it he has against Cavan?

He was beyond brutal against Cavan in Ulster final 2020. Literally every neutral and most Donegal ones said so. We got 2 black cards in the game that were never black cards, Thomas Galligan got elbowed in the face and no action, a clear forward mark called but not given. And that's not even talking about general play, with soft frees given against, but not given with the same thing the other way round. We won that game in spite of him, as we were far far better than Donegal. But they held on by getting scores when we were down to 14. And think he has Donegal links, so he should never have been in charge of then. He also vastly favours the favourites, so gives the big team the benefit of the doubt far more than he should rather than being consistent. It's telling that Cavan people are really worried about him being in charge here

I asked what has he got against Cavan and you said he was brutal against you in match... then make some crazy remark about having 'links' to Donegal?

As for the 'mark' the ref will blow every time, if player calls for the mark he has 15 seconds to play it, if he doesn't call the mark the player can not be challenged for up to 4 steps.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dreadnought

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 10:38:48 AM

I asked what has he got against Cavan and you said he was brutal against you in match... then make some crazy remark about having 'links' to Donegal?

As for the 'mark' the ref will blow every time, if player calls for the mark he has 15 seconds to play it, if he doesn't call the mark the player can not be challenged for up to 4 steps.

I gave you the reason why I felt he was bad towards Cavan in that game, and there were many as literally everyone pointed out afterwards. That was something different I added after.

He didn't blow it though. That's my point. it was a clear mark, went the distance, inside the 45, and caught cleanly, and McKiernan had his arm up for it. But he didn't even blow for it. Play went on and he was challenged, but this was a definite scoring chance if he gave the mark as he was meant to. All the pundits doing the live match called this as a very bad call. Did he just forget the rule for a moment?

Rossfan

Anyone know how many tickets sold to Cavan and Westmeath?

shawshank

Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 11:05:32 AM

Not a crazy remark. I live up that part of the country and his links are well known here. I gave you the reason why I felt he was bad towards Cavan in that game, and there were many as literally everyone pointed out afterwards. That was something different I added after.

He didn't blow it though. That's my point. it was a clear mark, went the distance, inside the 45, and caught cleanly, and McKiernan had his arm up for it. But he didn't even blow for it. Play went on and he was challenged, but this was a definite scoring chance if he gave the mark as he was meant to. All the pundits doing the live match called this as a very bad call. Did he just forget the rule for a moment?

I think you live where the sun don't shine, his wife raised beside us, know him well and he has not got one link to Donegal you clown.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2022, 11:06:43 AM
Anyone know how many tickets sold to Cavan and Westmeath?

i heard 30k last week. Might not be right though, that figure could be wrong, or could be more sold since then. I bought a load for my family and I don't have a Cavan address. A lot of Cavan people are going it seems anyway

Dreadnought

Quote from: shawshank on July 07, 2022, 11:14:28 AM

Not a crazy remark. I live up that part of the country and his links are well known here. I gave you the reason why I felt he was bad towards Cavan in that game, and there were many as literally everyone pointed out afterwards. That was something different I added after.

I think you live where the sun don't shine, his wife raised beside us, know him well and he has not got one link to Donegal you clown.

Where did I mention his wife? No need for the clown comment

Milltown Row2

What do these links have to do with refereeing? If he was bad that day then he was bad, you're implying he is against Cavan because they were playing Donegal and he has links!! Christ listen to yourself ffs!

As for that mark, maybe he got it wrong, it happens but don't make shit up about him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 11:26:58 AM

What links does he have?

I think he's had a couple poor intercounty games but in general he's a decent ref and not bias from what I've seen of him in club games.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 11:31:40 AM

I gave you the reason why I felt he was bad towards Cavan in that game, and there were many as literally everyone pointed out afterwards. That was something different I added after.

What do these links have to do with refereeing? If he was bad that day then he was bad, you're implying he is against Cavan because they were playing Donegal and he has links!! Christ listen to yourself ffs!

As for that mark, maybe he got it wrong, it happens but don't make shit up about him

I've given you quite a lot he got wrong that day, and you're focussing on something that I'll admit is something that I've been told and discussed up here. I'll withdraw what I said, as I don't think this is the platform to repeat. It's why I didn't elaborate on it, but I'll take it back. He was brutal in that match as anyone watching it could see. I've pointed that out to you.

Milltown Row2

That's fine I said if he had a bad or brutal day, if happens, but too suggest he has some other ulterior motive is bad craic

Dreadnought

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 12:22:07 PM
That's fine I said if he had a bad or brutal day, if happens, but too suggest he has some other ulterior motive is bad craic

He did have a brutal day which was the main point of what I said. I'll take that comment back though

Rossfan

Let's hope he has a good day Saturday and that the match itself rather than any refereeing decisions will be the main subject of post match discussion.

Westside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 08:58:21 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 07:47:26 AM
Quote from: Westside on July 06, 2022, 05:30:41 PM
Referee changed from Maurice Deegan to Barry Cassidy. Cavan have a history with Cassidy after terrible refereeing performances in one of our U21 AI Semi Finals a few years back and and the Ulster Final 2020.

Can't believe he got it. He was that bad in the 2020 Ulster final, despite us winning it. And surprised an Ulster ref got it. Just don't understand some of these appointments overall. I'm very wary of this fella, although he does owe us one!

I'm curious, what is it he has against Cavan?

That's a question for Cassidy not for us. He has a history of making bad decisions to the detriment of Cavan in big games. So I think it's fair enough for Cavan people to be annoyed that he has been handed this game. Nobody cared when it was Deegan.

shawshank

Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 11:26:58 AM

You didn't mention her. I did, because she lived beside me growing up and thats how I know that the ref has no connections in Donegal. You are the one trying a character assassination, stating you live up that part of the country and the links are well known,  stating he had connections to Donegal when in fact its utter lies, and thats why your a nasty clown.