Ulster Senior Club League

Started by thewobbler, January 10, 2007, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Anyone know if information on this is available anywhere on the tinternet yet? The divisions were sorted last week, and the dates and venues were meant to arranged last night.

I hear we've drawn Clontibret, Loup, Aghyaran and Silverbridge. I hope to God we pulled Aghyaran at home.

SlimShady

saffron sam2

thewobbler

In your recent column in the Newry Democrat when you announced the appointment of wee Hughie McGettigan as your new manager, you claimed that he had taken his former club, Creggan to unprecedented heights (I may be paraphrasing, but the point is the same).  Could you explain what this means please?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SlimShady

''unprecedented heights'' and ''Creggan''

:D ;D

thewobbler

Nice to see I've got a reader! I've been led to believe (and this is all hearsay, I can't prove or disprove) that Hugh took Creggan out of Division II and kept them in Division I throughout his time there - something which they hadn't done in recent memory. Is this right?

SlimShady

oh holy f**k!! Creggan have been in Division 1 before, many times and this isnt the first time they've stayed up.

Hugh McGettigan is a good manager though.

thewobbler

Whoa Slim, I'm only going on what I've been told! I dinnae follow the Antrim football.

Guillem2

Should a "journalist" not be checking his sources?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

thewobbler

A journalist should. A web developer can enjoy a bit of leeway  ;)

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2007, 09:52:04 AM
I hope to God we pulled Aghyaran at home.
Any particular reason why Wobbler?

thewobbler

Aye Fionntamhnach, because it's Planes, Trains and Automobiles stuff to get to that part of the world. I reckon there'd be a few fellas would phone in sick rather than drive two and a half hours to play football.

Maximus Marillius

Were not back unto this horrible competition for clubs who cannot get outside there county on a regular basis ;)

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2007, 01:54:50 PM
Aye Fionntamhnach, because it's Planes, Trains and Automobiles stuff to get to that part of the world. I reckon there'd be a few fellas would phone in sick rather than drive two and a half hours to play football.
D'oh! That never crossed my mind! It's bad enough that any time I go up there myself it takes around 45 minutes!

BallyhaiseMan

we cant all be blessed with top class players like you lot Max  ;)