5 Sams - RIP

Started by brokencrossbar1, December 02, 2017, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on December 04, 2017, 08:53:09 AM
RIP 5 Sams. Sorry to hear this. Sympathies with his family.

Very sorry to hear that. RIP

The Gs Man

Very sad news.  RIP 5Sams
Keep 'er lit

Dire Ear

R.I.P. 5 Sams-- condolences to his family and friends.  Seemed to be a strong character

ziggysego

Terrible news. 5 Sams will be sadly missed here. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends. RIP Paddy.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Can someone print off the relevant pages of this thread and pass to a family member of 5 Sams?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Orior on December 04, 2017, 12:57:53 PM
Can someone print off the relevant pages of this thread and pass to a family member of 5 Sams?

I'll be honest, it had crossed my mind that someone of the standing of 5 Sams should have had his own thread in as prominent a place as possible. Would it be possible to do that and move the messages of condolence?

Gaaboardmod3

Rufus mentioned on the Death Notices Thread, that we should ideally have our own thread for 5 Sams, who was obviously one of our longest standing posters. It's a terrible tragedy for his family, and a loss to all of us in the GAABoard community. Many of us have never met 5 Sams, but he always was one of the best posters on this board, and by all accounts a lovely man in real life, according to the people who did know him. A proud Down man, and a lover of his football.

I'll leave this thread here so people can post their thoughts, and I will update it with funeral arrangements in case anyone is up around the Newry/Ballyholland area and wants to attend. I believe the arrangements are not finalised yet.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

GaillimhIarthair

That's terribly sad news.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

Newbridge Exile

Condolences to his family RIP

Maximus Marillius

been a member since 2006, haven't posted nor been reading in a while, for some reason I decided to pop in today and found this....RIP 5 Sams

haranguerer

Thats made me sad. RIP 5 Sams, you always came across as a gentleman

Asal Mor

When I moved back from China to Ireland and my wife and daughter were still there, awaiting visas , passports etc, there was a problem with my daughter's passport application and I needed a new form quickly but couldn't get one in the Republic as it's a form for non-Irish residents. I stuck a thread on here asking for help from the northern posters and Paddy/5 Sams was the first to reply. Told me to to pm my address and he posted the form the next morning. A small but very kind and very important favor that I'll always remember. I never met the man but he seemed a real gent. I'd been thinking lately that I must pm him again to wish him a Happy xmas and tell him how well my daughter is doing in Ireland. Rest in peace Paddy.

easytiger95

gortnaleck

R.I.P.5 Sam's and sincere sympathy to family