The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Your lad Sterling is as clueless a SR phillips IMO. He 's obviously being told otherwise
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

heganboy

Quote from: theskull1 on May 20, 2015, 06:18:03 PM
Your lad Sterling is as clueless a SR phillips IMO. He 's obviously being told otherwise
do you mean S W-Phillips?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Coates actually played well tonight for Sunderland. What the hell?

theskull1

Quote from: heganboy on May 20, 2015, 09:44:06 PM

Yes I do ..  :-[

Think I'm still wright though
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

muppet

Quote from: theskull1 on May 20, 2015, 11:04:00 PM
Quote from: heganboy on May 20, 2015, 09:44:06 PM

Yes I do ..  :-[

Think I'm still wright though

Write right!
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2015, 11:47:54 AM
His agent seems like a really reasonable chap.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-agent-aidy-ward-9302569

QuoteHe added: "I am not worried. Worried is making a decision not knowing what is going to happen. Every premier league club will make a bid for him."

I almost feel sorry for Raheem. Almost...

StGallsGAA

QuoteAnd in an astonishing attack on Reds legend Jamie Carragher, Ward has labelled the former defender a "kn*b".

Lol. You've got to wonder where the likes of Sterling pick up their agents from.  Probably just his crack dealer moonlighting!!

deiseach

heganboy

Im quite enjoying the chess match.

Sterlings agent Aidy Ward is playing a blinder. FSG have a strong hand and have him on 35k a month for 2 more years. Rodgers has been hyping his transfer value for a year. If liverpools alleged transfer committee can get quality in this summer and leave him hanging til the end of window he could go for way above the odds to a desperate club. He is a hugely talented kid, but is be worth the kind of money being discussed? Who would you rather have a team built around, sterling or coutinho?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on May 21, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
Now he's denying he said what he has been quoted as having said.Who to believe: the British press or a football agent? :o

Its like asking a liar is he a liar.

I'd sat he thought he was speaking off the record and has got badly burned.

This is turning into a farce (or rather has always been one but getting worse). Be interesting meeting tomorrow with Team Sterling and Team Ayre.

By the way, did anyone see this  :o

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Bingo on May 21, 2015, 02:23:50 PMBe interesting meeting tomorrow with Team Sterling and Team Ayre.

Tony Barrett is reporting the club have cancelled the meeting

Bingo

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 21, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 21, 2015, 02:23:50 PMBe interesting meeting tomorrow with Team Sterling and Team Ayre.

Tony Barrett is reporting the club have cancelled the meeting

I'd say they can't get Ayre off your one.

Not surprised after the comments today. I'd say they want to do out of season now and less media attention. The pre and post match press conference will be hard enough, at least they can just say that meeting is to take place yet.

brokencrossbar1

I actually think the club are handling it pretty well,  letting the agent do all the talking and making himself out to be Billy bollix head. It wouldn't surprise me now if John Henry turns round and refuses to discuss with Ward or his agency given the comments.  Big test now for BR.  Bench Sterling for the Stoke game and state that he is being benched for disciplinary reasons.  If he plays on Sunday then Rodgers becomes a complete lame duck.

As for Ayres, she loves him for his big Harley!!