The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 18, 2015, 02:52:17 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 18, 2015, 12:21:24 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 18, 2015, 12:15:14 PM
I think he will go.  I just don't think he really inspires confidence in the players.  Who comes in?  Rafa? Klopp? I have said before I like Koeman and think he could be a very good manager.  Top experience as a player and worked in big clubs so he won't be intimidated. 

In terms of the shopping list, a RB for definite,  I can't see another CB coming in, definitely another CDM and a CAM and 2 strikers.  I also think there needs to be a better back up keeper.  Jones just is not good enough
I would like to see Rodgers stay and do well, but wouldnt be that annoyed if  Klopp got the job either.
He could maybe tempt some of the big name Dortmund playuers to come with him, the likes of Ruess or Hummells

Reus and Hummels haven't spent years at Dortmund to end up leaving to go to a club
that won't be in the Champions League. Much as I would love them at Liverpool it's not going to happen.
its probably unlikely I admit, but you see players following managers to a new club all the time. Its probably liverpools best hope of attracting a few 'star names' at the minute.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Lecale2

A bit of money for Klopp over the weekend. I reckon somebody knows something.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 18, 2015, 03:01:54 PM
A bit of money for Klopp over the weekend. I reckon somebody knows something.

Nah, manager betting is notoriously unreliable.

heganboy

11/4 on Klopp's next gig to be at Liverpool
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

I'm not sure about Klopp. Didn't exactly have a great season with Dortmund either but you would imagine he should be able attract some 'bigger' names than Rodgers has been able to manage.Wouldn't think Koeman would be answer either BC1.
I'd love to see someone like Ancelotti,but saying that I do think the BRodge deserves another crack at it next season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: heganboy on May 18, 2015, 03:53:33 PM
11/4 on Klopp's next gig to be at Liverpool

Talk that he in Turkey to discuss the Fenerbache job. Apart from been certs for CL football, thought he'd be more ambitious than that.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on May 18, 2015, 04:06:28 PM
I'm not sure about Klopp. Didn't exactly have a great season with Dortmund either.Wouldn't think Koeman would be answer either BC1.
I'd love to see someone like Ancelotti,but saying that I do think the BRodge deserves another crack at it next season.

If Ancelotti available, I'd drop/sack everyone and go for him, no questions asked. Need a massive shift in fortunes and I just think that Rodgers has let his ambition fall to a level that he'll struggle to get back from with the current group of players.

GJL

Quote from: Bingo on May 18, 2015, 04:09:32 PM
I'm not sure about Klopp. Didn't exactly have a great season with Dortmund either.Wouldn't think Koeman would be answer either BC1.

If Ancelotti available, I'd drop/sack everyone and go for him, no questions asked. Need a massive shift in fortunes and I just think that Rodgers has let his ambition fall to a level that he'll struggle to get back from with the current group of players.

I would very much doubt if Ancelotti would consider Liverpool at present.

Bingo

Quote from: GJL on May 18, 2015, 04:57:20 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 18, 2015, 04:09:32 PM

I would very much doubt if Ancelotti would consider Liverpool at present.

Couldn't care if you think that or not, I'd ask the question of Ancelotti and see what he thinks. On a related note though, I couldn't see anyone at the club or in ownership structure who'd sell it to him bar King Kenny.

J70

To get someone of  Ancelotti's level, they'd have to be willing to seriously bank-roll the purchase of four or five top players, assuming he'd even be interested in what will be a rebuilding job.

heganboy

Quote from: J70 on May 18, 2015, 05:58:18 PM
they'd have to be willing to seriously bank-roll the purchase of four or five top players,
I think that is going to be needed to get the squad into the CL places no matter who is in charge
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heganboy on May 18, 2015, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 18, 2015, 05:58:18 PM
they'd have to be willing to seriously bank-roll the purchase of four or five top players,
I think that is going to be needed to get the squad into the CL places no matter who is in charge

Particularly with the FFP rules likely to be relaxed allowing the likes of City and Chelsea to spend even more money!

AZOffaly

That's bad news for LFC and fucks the youth development policy. Wouldn't be surprised if FSG started sounding out buyers.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 18, 2015, 08:07:23 PM
That's bad news for LFC and f**ks the youth development policy. Wouldn't be surprised if FSG started sounding out buyers.

In some ways I hope they do. There would be a few Arab sheikhs out there yet would love to be associated with a club like Liverpool. The club as a whole needs to move with the times.

StGallsGAA

In some ways I hope they do. There would be a few Arab sheikhs out there yet would love to be associated with a club like Liverpool. The club as a whole needs to move with the times.

Now there's ambition!  "I hope a rich Arab buys us!"  ;D