Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Unless it's for toilet roll

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 14, 2020, 12:43:55 PM
Unless it's for toilet roll

Was put earlier and the missus said would get roll! f**k! Signs up in the spar saying one packet per person!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 14, 2020, 11:52:59 AM
It was on....
No Park Runs down here today or for the foreseeable future.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnnycool

anyone recommend a bluetooth MP3 player that you can use when running?
Don't want to bust the bank on an ipod touch as i feckin hate apple and all their tie ins.

trueblue1234

Quote from: johnnycool on April 06, 2020, 04:06:13 PM
Don't want to bust the bank on an ipod touch as i feckin hate apple and all their tie ins.

If your looking budget range I have this and it's great job. Has radio (But need to use wired headphones) or if using music on an SD card you can use wireless. Hardly know it's there.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 06, 2020, 06:45:38 PM

If your looking budget range I have this and it's great job. Has radio (But need to use wired headphones) or if using music on an SD card you can use wireless. Hardly know it's there.

Have what?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on April 06, 2020, 10:09:58 PM

Have what?
Fecking teasing you  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: johnnycool on April 06, 2020, 10:09:58 PM

Have what?
Sorry, sorry head's away.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AGPTEK-Bluetooth-Portable-Headphone-Sweat-proof/dp/B07NP6997C/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?dchild=1&keywords=agptek+mp3+player+8gb+12&qid=1586210296&sr=8-1-fkmr0
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Went for a run earlier around the pitches with the dogs!

Been averaging 18,000 steps a day since I've stopped working, few runs here and there but did sprints between the 21's for 5km, the pitches at the uni are less that half a mile away so plenty space and very small numbers about.

Be difficult enough in the city to get local runs going

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2020, 01:07:56 PM

Been averaging 18,000 steps a day since I've stopped working, few runs here and there but did sprints between the 21's for 5km, the pitches at the uni are less that half a mile away so plenty space and very small numbers about.

What's your height and weight? What minute miles are you doing?

imtommygunn

I just run the roads in the city and there's generally not too many about. I would go more into the country at the weekend as there would be a few more. If you're walking or running most people cross the road when they see anyone these days so not like you ever get particularly close to anyone.

I've a close to 7 mile loop from the house I do the odd lunchtime then a longer one at the weekend. I think being indoors almost 24/7 isn't helping the fitness!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 10, 2020, 02:01:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2020, 01:07:56 PM

What's your height and weight? What minute miles are you doing?

5-6' and 11.3 stone! I'm only little though at 48 I'm reasonably fit! Not enough stretching as I'm feeling pain in the groin area!

When I'm walking the dogs it varies as the blighters can sniff for Ireland but generally 15km walking a day it's a 3 hour or less walk, depending on which loop I do!

imtommygunn

I hope that's all done at once and you don't drive to get there ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 10, 2020, 02:55:37 PM
I hope that's all done at once and you don't drive to get there ;)

I haven't been in the car for over a week! So strange not driving the local spar is close enough, and like I say, the beach is a mile a way with a tow path and the uni is half a mile with plenty pitches! We've a small Wood beside me also. Very lucky! Be stir crazy if I lived near my mum/dad!

TabClear

On a similar note I am looking for a decent set of wireless headphones for running. I have bought a couple of cheap pairs that have worked well for a while but then just gave up for no reason so looking to get a pair that,s a bit more long lasting if anyone can recommend.  I usually just pair with the Iphone so just needs to be bluetooth