Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 07, 2020, 10:07:01 PM
I dont get involved much in derry Tyrone crap
I worked in cookstown for nigh on 20 years
I've been living in antrim now for a lock a years and they cant understand why in 2017 I was the only one in the bar supporting Dublin in the semi final
When I had to go to work the next morning up in that fuckin hole you would understand why
😡
Jeez imagine spending 20 years working somewhere you hated. You not still working there are you

Taylor

Quote from: Silver hill on May 07, 2020, 07:17:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 07, 2020, 12:23:09 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 06, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Are Tyrone fans the closest thing to rangers fans in GAA? When it comes to being completely obsessed they're two peas in a pod!

I'd say a more apt comparison would be Derry with the Orange Order.

You can see here that all the Derry lads stand for is being anti-Tyrone, zero interest in their own county, complete antipathy as to how they can get behind their teams and move forward, cavemen stuck in the past and fuelled on sheer hatred and vitriol. The permanently raging Derry fans here are just counter-culture, their whole identity is built on foundations of hate and bitterness. They would derive more joy out of Tyrone losing than Derry winning which is very sad.

Dear oh dear....a few feathers ruffled here with this. Unfortunately the truth seems to hurt lads. You can kick and scream all you like, but the fact doesn't change, in the Gaa in Ireland Tyrone are universally detested. Again, nothing to do with their success (as Down are more successful and also from the six counties), all to do with the collective herd mentality of their supporters and the dark arts employed on the pitch. I've been at several big games over the years v Mayo, Dublin Kerry, Sligo, Meath, Armagh, Donegal....common denominator is always how embarrassing the language and behaviour of the Tyrone supporters is. Same in any bar I've been in when you get chatting to anyone in the 26. Very quickly, you have to clarify that you are NOT from Tyrone.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Living rent free.............

trailer

It might have took 380 odd pages but by God this thread has sprung into life.

Angelo

The raw hatred and vindictiveness just oozing out of the Derry wans.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 01:58:19 PM

Lol Angela, just have a look at your last 30 or 40 posts. Everyone is about Derry and how much you despise them. Very interesting from a psychological point of view. Methinks you're just a tiny bit annoyed that on a like with like comparison v Tyrone from the noughties the Derry team from the 90s comes out on top.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on May 08, 2020, 02:29:03 PM

Lol Angela, just have a look at your last 30 or 40 posts. Everyone is about Derry and how much you despise them. Very interesting from a psychological point of view. Methinks you're just a tiny bit annoyed that on a like with like comparison v Tyrone from the noughties the Derry team from the 90s comes out on top.

This is a thread about Joe Brolly.

Joe Brolly recently launched a really nasty and petty broadside at Mickey Moran for effectively destroying GAA. I commented on this in that matter and added that it's no wonder Derry GAA is in such a state when that culture of bogeymen and scapegoats exist rather than being brave about it and asking the hard questions. It's pertinent and on point.

The Derry animals like yourself weren't having that so continued to bring your hate filled obsession with Tyrone into the matter when you couldn't debate the well reasoned and rational criticisms put at Brolly and Derry.

This really should be some sort of behavioural study into the psyche of Derry GAA.

Pertinent points made about culture in Derry GAA and its correlation to the demise of the county team = vitriolic reaction from Derry posters, unable to debate the point and going off on unhinged rants about their neigbouring county.

I reckon Tyrone GAA is the first and last thing yourself and Screen think about on any given day, it's an extremely unhealthy obsession. Lurking around the Tyrone forums with all your accounts.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 02:39:28 PM

Joe Brolly recently launched a really nasty and petty broadside at Mickey Moran for effectively destroying GAA. I commented on this in that matter and added that it's no wonder Derry GAA is in such a state when that culture of bogeymen and scapegoats exist rather than being brave about it and asking the hard questions. It's pertinent and on point.

The Derry animals like yourself weren't having that so continued to bring your hate filled obsession with Tyrone into the matter when you couldn't debate the well reasoned and rational criticisms put at Brolly and Derry.

This really should be some sort of behavioural study into the psyche of Derry GAA.

Pertinent points made about culture in Derry GAA and its correlation to the demise of the county team = vitriolic reaction from Derry posters, unable to debate the point and going off on unhinged rants about their neigbouring county.

I reckon Tyrone GAA is the first and last thing yourself and Screen think about on any given day, it's an extremely unhealthy obsession. Lurking around the Tyrone forums with all your accounts.

Lol, another post attacking Derry, I think that proves my theory. You just can't handle the fact that Derry have a better record on a like with like comparison. The more you post the angrier you seem to be getting.

Silver hill

Does not change the facts lads.....UNIVERSALLY DETESTED. It's in your DNA, accept it, don't fight it, try to live with it as best you can. It must hurt, but remember please, next match you're at, every action has a reaction.

APM

Always found some Tyrone supporters' obsession with Brolly to be interesting. Elsewhere in the country people take him with a pinch of salt, admire him, hate him and think he's a bollocks all in one go. 

In Tyrone, there seems to be this taliban approach to disliking Brolly that kind of borders on the ludicrous - a bit like their taliban approach to football. It's definitely childish, in the way that kids hate a pantomime villain.   

I sometimes wonder if in years to come, some of these people will look back at their behavior and attitudes and wonder why they took it all so seriously - yiz bundle of mad Tyrone feckers. 

On the other hand, I find the Derry attitude to Tyrone perfectly logical and reasonable  ;D

Angelo

Quote from: Silver hill on May 08, 2020, 02:47:25 PM

Does not change the facts lads.....UNIVERSALLY DETESTED. It's in your DNA, accept it, don't fight it, try to live with it as best you can. It must hurt, but remember please, next match you're at, every action has a reaction.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion.

Nobody is going to be worried about Derry anyway.

I couldn't give a toss about Derry in the 90s, I think it's sad and regrettable what has happened to them as a GAA county though.

You Derry folk have so much of an inferiority complex about yourselves that you simply cannot stop bringing Tyrone into any sort of discussion.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 02:54:28 PM

I couldn't give a toss about Derry in the 90s, I think it's sad and regrettable what has happened to them as a GAA county though.

You Derry folk have so much of an inferiority complex about yourselves that you simply cannot stop bringing Tyrone into any sort of discussion.

Says the tyrone man on a joe brolly thread whose last 40 or 50 posts have all been about Derry. You seem to have a bit of an issue here. I think you do care about Derry and you care that Derry are better on the like with like comparison.

Angelo

Quote from: APM on May 08, 2020, 02:52:26 PM
Always found some Tyrone supporters' obsession with Brolly to be interesting. Elsewhere in the country people take him with a pinch of salt, admire him, hate him and think he's a bollocks all in one go. 

In Tyrone, there seems to be this taliban approach to disliking Brolly that kind of borders on the ludicrous - a bit like their taliban approach to football. It's definitely childish, in the way that kids hate a pantomime villain.   

I sometimes wonder if in years to come, some of these people will look back at their behavior and attitudes and wonder why they took it all so seriously - yiz bundle of mad Tyrone feckers. 

On the other hand, I find the Derry attitude to Tyrone perfectly logical and reasonable  ;D

I think it's more Brolly that has an obsession with Tyrone, namely Mickey Harte.

Oddly enough you won't find Mickey spending too much time talking about Brolly but you'll have Brolly taking to whatever social platform he can to make really nasty and personal character attacks on Harte.

It's not so long ago when Paul Grimley lost the plot at some of absolute horseshit Brolly had fabricated about Armagh and Kieran McGeeney in another bid of his to settle personal scores.

That's the problem with Brolly, he's quite viscous and nasty in settling personal scores - Tyrone aren't the only ones he's guilty of doing this too. The lies he fabricated about Armagh a few years back and had to have Jamie Clarke come forward for an interview to say Brolly was making things up was pretty sad.

What he said about Mickey Moran that kicked off this discussion was yet another insight into the mind of Brolly.

There's a lot that could be said on a personal level about Brolly but I wouldn't sink to that level.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on May 08, 2020, 03:04:30 PM

Says the tyrone man on a joe brolly thread whose last 40 or 50 posts have all been about Derry. You seem to have a bit of an issue here. I think you do care about Derry and you care that Derry are better on the like with like comparison.

Can you not read?

This is a Joe Brolly thread, he's a public pundit/analyst in the GAA. He did a piece with Eir last week that had a completely unnecessary, petty and nasty dig at Mickey Moran and a few others in the Derry county board at that time.

That's the issue that's been discussed, of course Derry wans would rather create bogeymen that address the issues at hand.

You must be incredibly dim to not be able to follow a topic.

oakleaflad

I haven't commented on here as I couldn't be bothered with the arguing but GAA in Derry is in the best place it's ever been. Our senior county team aren't doing well, as we don't have enough top class players at the minute in my opinion, but overall GAA in Derry is in a seriously healthy state.

Angelo

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 08, 2020, 03:13:47 PM

I haven't commented on here as I couldn't be bothered with the arguing but GAA in Derry is in the best place it's ever been. Our senior county team aren't doing well, as we don't have enough top class players at the minute in my opinion, but overall GAA in Derry is in a seriously healthy state.

Look at the underage success, success of the schools and all that in Derry GAA and then look at the complete apathy towards guys playing for their county over the past 10-15 years. Derry certainly would have been good enough to win an Ulster in that time but for whatever internal reasons, plenty of their best players are just not bothered with turning out for Derry and that says something terrible about the culture in the county.

Danny Heavron for example is one of the best players in Ulster, hasn't played for Derry in years. Sean Leo McGoldrick another prime example, Dermot McBride - all top players and there's many more. What is wrong in Derry that their top players won't commit relative to other counties? Every Christmas it's the same story with Derry, loads of good players who won't commit.

There's something wrong with the culture there and you can't deny that, it's not a case of lads dropping off who weren't getting game time - these are key players we are talking about.

Something similar seems to have happened like that in Cavan in recent years.

But Derry folk would rather create a bogeyman in Tyrone GAA and create a scapegoat in someone like Mickey Moran than ask the hard questions internally and challenge a motor mouth like Brolly who says what he wants to settle old scores.