Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: steven seagal on January 12, 2017, 03:22:52 PM
As far as I know, Stradbally are using Saturday's game as a chance to officially unveil their floodlights, so I can't see them changing it, considering who controls these things in our county board.

The only way it'll be changed, I would think, is if the weather forces it, because things are supposed to turn nasty in the next few days. There's no shelter anywhere in Stradbally, so if it horses rain or snow it'd be a scandal to leave it there
If it horses rain or snow the foot fall will tear the grounds to shit, so it could very well be moved.

High Fielder

Quote from: Don Draper on January 12, 2017, 02:50:09 PM
Lunacy to put Laois v Meath in Stradbally. Its grand f**king a college team into Crety or Park, but Meath into Stradbally is mental.

100% agree. Looks like a money making racket and no thought given to the spectator, the majority of which will be Meath supporters. They'll be delighted I'm sure to stand on the bank in Stradbally. Get some sense County Board and just change it to OMP. When you've seen one set of lights, you've basically seen them all

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on January 12, 2017, 03:30:50 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 12, 2017, 02:50:09 PM
Lunacy to put Laois v Meath in Stradbally. Its grand f**king a college team into Crety or Park, but Meath into Stradbally is mental.

100% agree. Looks like a money making racket and no thought given to the spectator, the majority of which will be Meath supporters. They'll be delighted I'm sure to stand on the bank in Stradbally. Get some sense County Board and just change it to OMP. When you've seen one set of lights, you've basically seen them all
I doubt Stradbally make much if anything out of this, but someone can confirm. This is most likely a vanity exercise.

clonadmad

Does the gate not go into a players injury fund?

Giovanni

Fair play to the lads who went to Greystones on a cold Wednesday night. I wasn't able to get to it myself.

Would agree that it doesn't make much sense to have it in Stradbally although I'd be surprised if there were thousands going to it to be honest.

High Fielder

Stradbally just isn't a good venue for this match. They will hardly want their practice pitch cut up with cars, so potentially it's out onto the road and around the green there. Nowhere for people in wheelchairs to watch the match comfortably and even for able bodied people, who really wants to stand on a bank in the freezing cold in January? It's a lovely set up over there, and on a summer's evening, parking the car on the bank and watching a match is just grand. This isn't the time or the place.

Don Draper

clonadmad

Sounds like the attendance is going to be Yuge!!!

Any of the experts on here care to make a prediction beforehand.

Winner gets a Clonad Jersey (non flammable)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: clonadmad on January 12, 2017, 06:46:06 PM

If you cant get a bit of heat out of it what use is it, even your own players will be wearing colt jerseys by the summer

Tony

Meath to win by 4-7 points. Meath are giving it a right go this year under improved set up. As are we. But meath are at a far more advanced stage for this time of year, so I hear. They're absolutely flying and will be in great shape for the league. Also, they've a stronger panel as we have numerous injuries and players otherwise away. Hard to replace timmons, quig, merideth etc

That's Tony's prediction. Meath by 4-7.

Helix

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on January 12, 2017, 08:05:35 PM

If you cant get a bit of heat out of it what use is it, even your own players will be wearing colt jerseys by the summer

Some younger colt lads will probably have clonad jerseys on their back at some stage in the year ahead  so it'll all balance out.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Keyser Söze

Imagine his reaction if I posted that?! >:( ;D
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 12, 2017, 10:44:09 PM

Imagine his reaction if I posted that?! >:( ;D

Lads around here are well used to you at this stage Keyser

OTF

Quote from: Tony on January 12, 2017, 09:38:19 PM
Meath to win by 4-7 points. Meath are giving it a right go this year under improved set up. As are we. But meath are at a far more advanced stage for this time of year, so I hear. They're absolutely flying and will be in great shape for the league. Also, they've a stronger panel as we have numerous injuries and players otherwise away. Hard to replace timmons, quig, merideth etc

That's Tony's prediction. Meath by 4-7.

If we assume the three above named wont be available for the league, would you have a go at naming our league 15 more or less.