Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Great servant to Laois and a massive Loss at full back hopefully he recovers well.
LAOIS ABÚ

Giovanni

A very underrated player both inside the county and outside it. Best of luck to him on his recovery.

Not sure what full back options we have now? Meaney was playing there for Leinster last weekend although I didn't think he was very comfortable there when he played in the past. Not sure what other options we have?

redsetanta

Again as a small county it's nigh on impossible to replace the likes of Timmons and we have a dearth of decent backs particularly the full back line as has been stated here many times.
We will have to start to prepare though because Timmons is moving on in years and injuries aside he won't be around for a whole lot longer with the demands of the game.
CB needs to put a plan in place to develope good defensive players as all of the bright hopes in recent years have been forwards. We can have all the forwards we want but if we cannot prevent scores down the other end what is the point.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

LaoisHeart

we have a lot of talent coming through but to convert them to senior footballers is the problem, there is to much of a gap between the development squads of 16 and then until they reach senior level, if we want to be more successful we need to continue coaching right through until they are 20 as some of the minor coaching is shocking, we also are very mentally weak, a lot of younger players seem to be injured all the time, are they really injured or are they just mentally weak?

Unlaoised

Meaney got hooked at half time last weekend for Leinster was suppose to be shakey but its the only option bar maybe Begley that I can see.
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Quote from: LaoisHeart on December 13, 2016, 03:27:06 PM
we have a lot of talent coming through but to convert them to senior footballers is the problem, there is to much of a gap between the development squads of 16 and then until they reach senior level, if we want to be more successful we need to continue coaching right through until they are 20 as some of the minor coaching is shocking, we also are very mentally weak, a lot of younger players seem to be injured all the time, are they really injured or are they just mentally weak?
these kind of posts annoy me to be honest. Do you really think a load of players in laois are faking injuries because they are . . "mentally weak". Really? If you don't know what you're talking about and are just typing nonsense, what's the point in posting. Save us all the time and your own to be honest. Utter nonsense.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: LaoisHeart on December 13, 2016, 03:27:06 PM

Id rather a young mind himself than be broke up by the time they are in their 30s, just look at Tom Kelly and Joe Higgins in Joesphs, theres plenty of higher profile players from other counties too

ILikeStrawberryJam

Well said Tony ..

Hopefully he might be back for the championship ..  one of the best FB in the country .. model of consistency ..

The overall vibes coming out are positive and hopefully for the first time in a long time  we have a mgmt
team that will give the lads the platform to be the absolute best they can be ..

Unlaoised

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on December 16, 2016, 01:50:24 PM
Well said Tony ..

Hopefully he might be back for the championship ..  one of the best FB in the country .. model of consistency ..

The overall vibes coming out are positive and hopefully for the first time in a long time  we have a mgmt
team that will give the lads the platform to be the absolute best they can be ..

I'm hearing this the players are loving Creedon and his staff and that they are hungry to give it a right go this year...

The under 21s in is addding a freshness to the whole set up and is a positive factor so far.

One player told me its the best set up he has been involved in and he is there a nice few years!
LAOIS ABÚ

south Laois

Great to hear all the good vibes about the set-up. It's good news that all our main players are committed to the set up. Mark Timmons is going to be a huge loss while he's out. I don't suppose Cahir Healy is moving home any time soon.

Tony

Quote from: south Laois on December 19, 2016, 12:00:59 PM
I don't suppose Cahir Healy is moving home any time soon.
Wouldn't that be great? And then when Timmons is back, move Healy into the corner. Strong sounding full back line in the making. I hear some of the u-21's are really coming on well training with the seniors. Great to hear they're all pulling together after a poor season. I know it's early days but credit where it's due : the CB and selection team seem to have made a proper good appointment with Creedon & his background team. It's huge that he's also overseeing the u-21's, we'll likely see a lot of new younger faces to the senior squad during 2017.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

It all seems to be heading in the right direction and its great to hear everyone sounding a bit positive for a change.
The fact that Creedon is linked with the U-21s is the most positive thing to come out off this setup. It really is the most obvious way to move forward and should have been done years ago.

If you look at all successful clubs in all sports they have academy's that bring on young players with the sole aim of strengthening their senior teams.
That essentially is what U-21 players are and it stands to reason that the senior manager has input and access to them so he knows what he has coming on.

Well done to the Co.Board for a bit of forward thinking. Even if we don't have success with the senior team this year it is a positive move and should lead to better things in the future.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

merman

Quote from: south Laois on December 19, 2016, 12:00:59 PM
I don't suppose Cahir Healy is moving home any time soon.

I understand Cahir has committed exclusively to the hurlers for 2017.

Unlaoised

I hear Laois played a game against Limerick during the week anyone hear how it went?
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Limerick won by a few points and Laois had most of there first team out it would make you think