The Wire (tv drama)

Started by Main Street, October 18, 2008, 12:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

FX have also started showing it from the beginning on a Monday at 11pm, thats where i have started watching it. Monday past was episode 4 i think so you could watch the first few episodes on BBC to get caught up with FX. You will be doing well to see them all on the BBC over a week.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

turk

Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2009, 01:28:18 PM
FX have also started showing it from the beginning on a Monday at 11pm, thats where i have started watching it. Monday past was episode 4 i think so you could watch the first few episodes on BBC to get caught up with FX. You will be doing well to see them all on the BBC over a week.

Ya, same here Minder, I've been watching those episodes. I think 60 episodes in a week would kill you!!

Main Street

I think it took me 2 weeks to watch the 60.
My torrent download speed could not keep up, otherwise I would have done it in 12 or 13 days.

blewuporstuffed

do you need to have seen the first series before you watch the second one?my brother has the second series on dvd, but dunno if i should watch it untill i get to see the first one
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Billys Boots

The second series has only a small connection to the first - it's set in the dockyards, concentrating on the Polish community.  You could probably watch it in complete isolation from all the others, though some of the connections become important in later series.  All other four series concentrate on the gangs (mainly the Barksdale and Stansfield crews).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

You can watch them in isolation as Billy says but if you are going to watch the whole lot then start with Series 1.
And most probably you are going to watch the whole lot  :)

Series 2 involves the same police characters in another investigation but much of the context for their operations and the character profiles has already been set in series 1
and the assumption is that you know much of this when you watch series 2.
Overall, there is a theme flowing through the 5 series.

Billys Boots

QuoteSeries 2 involves the same police characters in another investigation but much of the context for their operations and the character profiles has already been set in series 1 and the assumption is that you know much of this when you watch series 2.

True, ignore my post.  ;)

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Minder

Starts on BBC2 Monday 30th March at 11.20pm. Seems to be only one episode on each night.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TirEoghaingodeo

Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Longshanks

Just watched the first episode and hooked, had seen a few before but good to start watching it from the start and have it all explained, I know Il not see it all on BBC 2 as its on so dam late (which really pisses me off as they show so much shite earlier) but hopefully it will also be available on i player... :)

Billys Boots

Sorry Donagh, but Youtube is blocked at work - is that where they play 'The Body of an American' at the wake?

Donagh

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 31, 2009, 08:58:35 AM
Sorry Donagh, but Youtube is blocked at work - is that where they play 'The Body of an American' at the wake?

Aye, at the first wake (not wanting to give away the one in the final series).

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2009, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on March 18, 2009, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2009, 11:25:13 AM
The BBC are showing the entire show, 60 episodes, over a week starting on March 30th.

Really? What time is it on?

Not sure what BBC station Lecale but i will say it will be on most of the day for a week if they are going to show 60 episodes in a week
It's on at 11.20 on BBC2 , have watched the first four episodes and am completely hooked , the best thing I've seen on TV for a long, long time