2008 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.....MANCHESTER UNITED v CHELSEA

Started by Shrewdness, May 13, 2008, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2008, 11:42:11 AM
He was very disappointed to be taken off. He pegged the jersey on the ground, but someone had given it back to him for the celebrations :D

Did anyone else notice Terry 'snotting' on Tevez as the handbags died down? Karma is a bitch JT.

Ye i thought he did that Az looked like he was having a word  him and then let fly, don't know why can't stand Jt so i was glad he missed the penalty
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

He definitely did it. You could see Tevez wiping his neck straight away.

Uladh

imtommygunn

You could see Terry was up to something on Tevez which he was trying to cover up with his sleeve.

Good match last night. Some of them boys sum up what is wrong with soccer - Terry, Carvalho, Cole, Makalele, Drogba, Ronaldo etc.

Has to be said though Ashley Cole did play excellent last night. On that form one of the better LBs in the world. Definitely much better under Grant than Mourinho. Vidic also is a superb defender.He did get away with plenty before being booked but it was on Drogba so you worry less.

I think Ferguson should walk out on a high now. It's the right time.

Anelka was p*ss poor when he came on.

Will be interesting to see how many Chelsea lose for next season.

nrico2006

QuoteDid anyone else notice Terry 'snotting' on Tevez as the handbags died down? Karma is a bitch JT.

I never seen that and I actually was feeling sorry for Terry after the match.  The incidenet which led to Cole going crazy was a bad decision but it was his reaction that was terrible, plus he ran to the ref when it was obvious for any half wit that the linesman made the call.  There were a couple of other dubious decisions and one of those was when United got a corner near the end froma Ronaldo left foot shot at the corner of the box.  As for the flag up and down - strange.  Good to see Darren Fletcher in charge for the presntation - he was the one who designated himself as director of operations.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Uladh

Major clear out and investment at chelsea this summer i suspect.

Only one manager has three european cups - bob paisley - so fergie will be firmly focussed on equalling that record before he goes anywhere. i also suspect he'd like to at least equal liverpool's number of championships before he goes on.

my highlight of last night was 606 on 5live. w**ker green had to host it and laud united through gritted teeth. if word would come through of nolan's happy passing in his sleep then all in the owrld would be right.

the Deel Rover

just wondering how many of them get medals does neville get one . i also forgot about wright philips been with chelsea untill i saw him coming out at half time is he injured?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

GalwayBayBoy

Congrats United fans. Probably best team over the course of the season although probably second best last night. I think that should end any whingeing about "lucky Liverpool" anyway. Two European Cups won under Ferguson in games where United were outplayed for long periods and the opposition hitting the woodwork twice in both finals. And that's even before Terry slipped on his hole.

Hard luck Norf Tyrone. Must be sick as a parrott today.

EC Unique

That game should finish all talk of Ronaldo not performing in big games. He had a fantastic first half and not so bad in the second either.. :)

imtommygunn

Ronaldo had a good game - not that of a best in the world material player I'd have said though.

AZOffaly

Hmmm. I thought Ronaldo was MOTM in the first half, and couldn't understand why Essien was being hung out to dry on him. However, in the second half, largely due to Chelsea's dominance, he was fairly anonymous, and his workrate was dodgy, in that he rarely bothered tracking Essien, who obviously decided attack is the best form of defence.

Overall, I thought Ronaldo was a 7/10, which is good, but he is still lacking 'something' in his attitude.

IMHO.

GalwayBayBoy

Ronaldo was alright. Not great but not bad either. Great header for the goal albeit a completely free header. Good cross for Tevez too but didn't see much of him after that as Essien obviously decided "sod this let him chase after me for a change".

Can count himself lucky that Terry blew it as Cech psyched him out for his penalty miss.

nrico2006

Cech did out pysche him, fair dues.  But Im sure Ronaldo is in better form today than Cech!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mannix

Glad United won but I thought they were shagged, chelsea were alll over them at times.Van der sar will finish now and giggs,scholes and ferguson will leave soon too, either other clubs or retire.

orangeman

Quote from: mannix on May 22, 2008, 02:38:06 PM
Glad United won but I thought they were shagged, chelsea were alll over them at times.Van der sar will finish now and giggs,scholes and ferguson will leave soon too, either other clubs or retire.

Where does Giggs and Scholes go after United ???